Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

CB: Fofana or Tarkowski - Depends on what your after if we are looking someone to step straight into the starting 11 in a back 5, you go with Tarkowski. 
Spent: £30m

LWB: Goosens or Ballo-Toure - Depending on how the funds are looking, Goosens is the obvious choice. However if you are looking for a cheaper option with someone who is very direct from the wingback role in a 5-3-2 formation, Ballo-Toure could be perfect.

Spent: £15m-£30m

CAM/RW - Rodrigo De Paul. 
Spent: £30m

Total spend £75m - £90m. 

If you take off the money still available from the Chilly sale, that’ll leave you with a total summer spend of £43m - £58m. 

13 minutes ago, Trelleh said:

£15 million for someone of Wijnaldum’s calibre, it’s absolute peanuts. I know Barca are in for him but not even a slight bit of of interest baffles me..

Why would he come here?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

CB: Fofana or Tarkowski - Depends on what your after if we are looking someone to step straight into the starting 11 in a back 5, you go with Tarkowski. 
Spent: £30m

LWB: Goosens or Ballo-Toure - Depending on how the funds are looking, Goosens is the obvious choice. However if you are looking for a cheaper option with someone who is very direct from the wingback role in a 5-3-2 formation, Ballo-Toure could be perfect.

Spent: £15m-£30m

CAM/RW - Rodrigo De Paul. 
Spent: £30m

Total spend £75m - £90m. 

If you take off the money still available from the Chilly sale, that’ll leave you with a total summer spend of £43m - £58m. 

Realistically i don't think we'll sign a LB this year. The CB and CAM/RW would make a lot of sense

• Like 1

I think we'll get two more players and that's it. Timmy IS our full back signing. He's the Chilwell replacement. That seems pretty clear now. We couldn't get either of the others we were linked with.

A CB to improve a back 3 and a RW. If we sign only one of those two players, then I'd be worried. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CountrysideFox said:

Fraser would have been a good option to pursue, shame that we've shown no interest and he's seemingly on his way to Newcastle.

Hopefully we've got a winger lined up somewhere.

I wanted him too but then it was pointed out he wanted 100K pw wages, which raised alarm bells. Then he refused to sign an extension past June 30th and they got relegated. That sort of attitude stinks and should be avoided IMO.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I wanted him too but then it was pointed out he wanted 100K pw wages, which raised alarm bells. Then he refused to sign an extension past June 30th and they got relegated. That sort of attitude stinks and should be avoided IMO.

I'd agree with this and I'd say it's probably that behaviour that has saw him wind up at a club like Newcastle.

Okay I have no idea where to put this, but absolutely need to and feel we all need a laugh lol 

I was just looking through the archives for the old Barbosa thread.... found this.... I genuinely had no idea that Wague off of January 2017 transfer window (actually just off of January 2017 in general to be fair..) had been linked so much further back lol 

Some things never change ey @Ric Flair......

change.thumb.PNG.63573f9d933b4423a932fec62245dc81.PNG

Edited by AjcW

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Apparently he waited until Callum Wilson signed before committing. Definitely not the right character you’d want at your club. Newcastle are welcome to him 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Okay I have no idea where to put this, but absolutely need to and feel we all need a laugh lol 

I was just looking through the archives for the old Barbosa thread.... found this.... I genuinely had no idea that Wague off of January 2017 transfer window (actually just off of January 2017 in general to be fair..) had been linked so much further back lol 

Some things never change ey @Ric Flair......

change.thumb.PNG.63573f9d933b4423a932fec62245dc81.PNG

Hahahahaaa

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

God I hope we get Fofana at least. As for RW, I've lost almost all hope. If I was a godly man I'd pray for Neres.

What winger that we've been linked to besides Trincão would u like 

Starting to panic a bit now we’re not ready for Sunday we can’t be with most being away. The club since we got beat by Liverpool and City have been embarrassing with throwing 4th away to now looking like we’re following it up with no new players. 3 players are going to Newcastle for 33.5m that would of made a big difference here. Struggling to get my head round what we’re actually doing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now that Porto have pulled their kegs down to all and sundry, we ought to look at Diogo Leite. 21 year old left footed centre half. Pepe has gone on record saying he is already Portugal's best defender, some statement that given Dias at Benfica is the business. 

• Like 2