Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

25 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm not sure we need another fullback, Justin is coming along nicely and we have Thomas waiting in the wings.

If we are persisting with a back 4 we will rely on the full backs overlapping our wingers who will be cutting in.

Cant expect them to do it every game for 60 odd games (plus internationals). If we can pick up another decent fullback for £10m or so we should definitely consider it 

34 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm not sure we need another fullback, Justin is coming along nicely and we have Thomas waiting in the wings.

Both not good enough to play regular in the prem and europa.. but its hard to say if we need a new signing without knowing what formation we are going to be playing.. e.g are we waiting for Ricardo to come back and castagne to play left back or both of them wing backs? but if that was the the situation then surely Castagne would of played left back yesterday so i have no idea.

29 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Both not good enough to play regular in the prem and europa.. but its hard to say if we need a new signing without knowing what formation we are going to be playing.. e.g are we waiting for Ricardo to come back and castagne to play left back or both of them wing backs? but if that was the the situation then surely Castagne would of played left back yesterday so i have no idea.

Not necessarily. Both Castagne and JJ can play either side. It might be that Brendan decided TC should play on his favoured side on his debut to settle him in better, or it could have just been decided on a coin toss.

• Like 1

Rob Dorsett saying some very worrying things on SSN just then. 

Essentially that there isn't a lot of cash there and if the right deals don't become available, we won't sign anyone and even if we do, it will be late in the window when we think there will be better value around. 

Very well could be talking poo but it's still scary to hear. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Essentially that there isn't a lot of cash there and if the right deals don't become available, we won't sign anyone and even if we do, it will be late in the window when we think there will be better value around. 

Nob Dorsett driving down the prices for us ;) 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Genuine question as I'm probably being naive but what is the big financial hit to EPL clubs from Covid? Match day revenue I get it but surely the life blood of EPL clubs is the TV money which is unchanged. What's the season ticket situation for example, is that where the hit is, are they basically not being sold?

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Genuine question as I'm probably being naive but what is the big financial hit to EPL clubs from Covid? Match day revenue I get it but surely the life blood of EPL clubs is the TV money which is unchanged. What's the season ticket situation for example, is that where the hit is, are they basically not being sold?

To be honest, I'm not really sure what the deal is with our season tickets to be honest (im scottish so I dont pay much interest) but I know liverpool for example aren't selling any and having fans pay as they go this season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I believe there is a £330m rebate owed to Sky for some reason, either that the season concluded late or that the product wasn't the same. The clubs have paid £170m this summer and the rest next summer, so for a club who finished 5th in the PL it's probably a £10m hit for each year.

Throw in the matchday revenue losses, which are probably no more than £20m if we get full capacity back for 2021-22, then extra costs to turn the business into a COVID-secure one. I also don't know if the club have incurred addiitonal costs due to the training ground delays, I would assume McLaren suffer with those rather than LCFC but not sure. Clubs have also made donations to the NHS; advanced the usual annual solidarity payments to EFL/VNL, and so on.

I think LCFC have probably lost £40-50m in the grand scheme of things. If they budgeted for Champions League football from December-ish (probably unlikely I would say), then that's a further hit to what they'd expect to make.

But that kind of loss doesn't just have to be in one go, hence why the club have increased borrowing arrangements. While interest rates are low you might as well get some of that money back and spend it, which they've done with Macquarie. So we'll probably see the overall loss amortised over a larger period of time, which is better for our prospects.

Overall I think the panic about finances is nonsense. Rodgers has not come out and said the Chilwell money is there; that the club are trying to add quality, if the finances to do so didn't exist.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

on the flip side why would we make out they have got cash to spend? Just drives the price up further. If we are pleading poverty then we might get our target player that little bit cheaper.

Edited by les-tah

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

TV deal is affected - rebates to be paid and Chinese broadcasting contract just gone 

• Like 1

The Leon Bailey rumours make no sense. Apparently Everton and Spurs want him but Spurs already have Son, Bergwijn, Lucas and Lamela. Everton have already spent 70 odd million and have Richarlison, Rodriguez, Bernard, Iwobi and Walcott. Neither team need him in the slightest. I'm not even sure he would start for either team. 

20 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Rodgers frustrations are fair clearly but the clubs strategy will always come first. If that means we wait until last 48 hours of window so be it. So long as we pull in a couple of faces!

Hope we don’t act to slow and loose out on our first choices.