Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

His numbers are very good and he has quality but I think he drifts in and out of games too often. He’s good, but he hasn’t done enough for Norwich this season to go straight into our starting 11. 

I also don’t think he’s got enough pace to be a difference maker, too similar to Pérez who put in some very good post lockdown performances, we need someone more dynamic imo. 

If he’s not dynamic enough I don’t know what is 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

My Chelsea supporting mate thinks he’s shite, wanted him to go Bayern when they could’ve took the money. 

Looks like he thinks he can just get past full backs without having to do anything sometimes, no invention or quality, just runs in to dead ends or tries the same thing repeatedly. 

Think he’ll still go on to be a decent squad player for Chelsea over the years or an impact sub but he’s not the next Sancho. 

Agreed. I saw him breakaway a few times but he seemed to get stuck under his feet and messed it up. 

it would be interesting to see if he develops further but i’m not entirely convinced, nor do I think he’ll be on par with the likes of Sancho, Greenwood, Foden, Trent etc.

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m not surprised he’s up there, he’s a right footed winger on the right running down the line, he should have ran past a lot of people. 

What I mean by dynamic is someone who has a bit more pace and goal threat, I don’t see Buendia providing us with either. 

I don’t know I personally think he’s perfect for us, we lack creativity and a player capable of beating a man from out wide and he ticks a lot of boxes for me, Add to that he’s available for 25m it’s a no brainer for me

• Like 1

I like Buendia, but I don't know where he fits in here IMO. He's not a winger and never will be. Could compete for an advanced 8 role but I feel our team would be better suited to a left footed RW and then a player like Eze or Cantwell to challenge Maddison or Barnes for a spot if we go for a more narrow formation at any time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like Buendia, but I don't know where he fits in here IMO. He's not a winger and never will be. Could compete for an advanced 8 role but I feel our team would be better suited to a left footed RW and then a player like Eze or Cantwell to challenge Maddison or Barnes for a spot if we go for a more narrow formation at any time.

He’s predominantly a RW but I do agree I’d sooner have a left footed Rw but it is what it is, without trying to sound like a broken record 25m for a player like him who plays in a position we’re desperate for is a go for me

• Like 1

I just can't see a world where we buy Cantwell for £20 million, Eddy for £35 million and a winger and a centre back. It's a world I want to live in though?

What would we get through player sales to offset that? (Not Chilwell) ....

9 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

He’s predominantly a RW but I do agree I’d sooner have a left footed Rw but it is what it is, without trying to sound like a broken record 25m for a player like him who plays in a position we’re desperate for is a go for me

Yeah maybe I'm being too fixated on the winger having to be left footed but its a real problem that area for us in recent years.

• Like 1

Guendia is a good player but doesn't score nearly enough goals. For me that's our big problem up front, only Vardy sticks them away with real consistency. Meanwhile Barnes is great but misses 3 chances a game and Perez drifts in and out of games too often. We've not replaced Mahrez - an attacking wide player that predominantly sets up Vardy but also knows how to find the back of the net regularly too. 

Of course that's exactly why Man City paid 60m to sign Mahrez in the first place. Such players are very hard to find!

Guendia could still be good as a squady but if we want to reach top 5 again we need better quality IMO. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nick said:

I just can't see a world where we buy Cantwell for £20 million, Eddy for £35 million and a winger and a centre back. It's a world I want to live in though?

What would we get through player sales to offset that? (Not Chilwell) ....

True. I think we would have to sell Chilwell and Nacho to get all the players we want. That could raise around £70m-£85m, and we haven't yet spent the cash we were trying to buy Demiral in Jan with (~£30m?). I think it might just about be feasible to bring in 5 players with those 2 sales. It will be an interesting window. I think there could be more bargains than usual.

• Like 1

Thing is ... people are saying Buendia isn’t good enough and the like ... then people are saying coutinho is not a reasonable expectation. My question is ... where are these ‘niche’ players you all want? Most we have been linked with are apparently not good enough ... or do not deliver despite stats making a mockery of them. Then other players are not reasonable and are out of our league. My point is the club don’t seem to be able to win. The realistic transfers are apparently ‘not good enough’ (I disagree) and other players we are linked with you just don’t see playing for Leicester. I think the issue we have is that we have been spoilt rotten by the success of some of our signings and obviously the year we will never forget. I think we need perspective... we are not an elite club and being canny in the market has worked for us. Buendia, Cantwell and the likes may not be recognised world class players ... but they are proven in the prem, young and extremely talented. Even if they don’t improve our fist 11 (which I think they will) they certainly improve our squad which is ridiculously lacking in any depth. Hmmmm Cantwell or matty James / Buendia or Diabate. You get my point ... I hope 

Edited by casablancas
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t think it’s a case of being spoilt or entitled to say no to some players, such as Buendia. It’s just a case of other players seemingly being better fits or that 25m (as being quoted for player in question) is a lot of money. 

I don’t think it’s uncalled for to want something different to what some of these players we’re linked to offer, I don’t think many people expect us to go out and sign the finished product, I just think that there are probably less obvious choices out there than Buendia that we could get for less and would offer a similar or higher level of quality. 

That’s fair enough. I just don’t understand how some cannot be good enough to play for Leicester despite their stats proving otherwise. Feels a little snobby lol  each time their own. 

23 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Thing is ... people are saying Buendia isn’t good enough and the like ... then people are saying coutinho is not a reasonable expectation. My question is ... where are these ‘niche’ players you all want? Most we have been linked with are apparently not good enough ... or do not deliver despite stats making a mockery of them. Then other players are not reasonable and are out of our league. My point is the club don’t seem to be able to win. The realistic transfers are apparently ‘not good enough’ (I disagree) and other players we are linked with you just don’t see playing for Leicester. I think the issue we have is that we have been spoilt rotten by the success of some of our signings and obviously the year we will never forget. I think we need perspective... we are not an elite club and being canny in the market has worked for us. Buendia, Cantwell and the likes may not be recognised world class players ... but they are proven in the prem, young and extremely talented. Even if they don’t improve our fist 11 (which I think they will) they certainly improve our squad which is ridiculously lacking in any depth. Hmmmm Cantwell or matty James / Buendia or Diabate. You get my point ... I hope 

In my opinion (and I know many others are in this camp), the issue is we never truly replaced Mahrez, and instead spent his fee on Maddison. Maddison is creative but a central player, so it took away one of the best attacking threats in our team. Puel clearly believed in Gray, so that's why we signed Ghezzal; the idea being that Gray would develop into our first team Mahrez replacement and Ghezzal would be an experienced player in Puel's 4231 system that could be trusted to do a job when called upon. Of course neither one worked out. This season we went for Perez, but he's not really a wide player and as we've seen is way more effective when playing centrally behind one or two strikers. 

What do we want? A left footed right sided forward that can score and assist 10 times each+ per season. Who could that be? We were linked with Steven Bergwijn in January but Spurs beat us to his signature. Bergwijn was bang on the money for what we were looking for, a Dutch international, had won titles in Holland with PSV and had great stats for goals and assists, even if in a weaker league. He's also the right side of 25.

For this position we can't go for potential. We already have Barnes and Gray (though now at 24 that potential is fading all the time) for up and comers. For me I'd love to see a 30-40m player with proven international and / or European pedigree come in to start in the first team in that position to hit the ground running right away. The players do exist, but convincing them to sign is harder to do without Champions league football and harder still with the pandemic making big spends far riskier. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

What do we want? A left footed right sided forward that can score and assist 10 times each+ per season. Who could that be? We were linked with Steven Bergwijn in January but Spurs beat us to his signature. Bergwijn was bang on the money for what we were looking for, a Dutch international, had won titles in Holland with PSV and had great stats for goals and assists, even if in a weaker league. He's also the right side of 25.

For this position we can't go for potential. We already have Barnes and Gray (though now at 24 that potential is fading all the time) for up and comers. For me I'd love to see a 30-40m player with proven international and / or European pedigree come in to start in the first team in that position to hit the ground running right away. The players do exist, but convincing them to sign is harder to do without Champions league football and harder still with the pandemic making big spends far riskier. 

Bang on the money in terms of what we need, but the million dollar question is who would that player be?

Only 3 players got 10+ goals and assists in the prem last year De Bruyne, Salah and Son, and none of them would go for under 40mil. 

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Gray got 1 goal 3 assists in the same minutes at the same age in a much worse side than chelsea. 1 goals 5 assists isnt impressive.

Don't know about you but I considered Gray to be very promising when he first arrived on the scene. The problem was that he never progressed. 

6 goal contributions in 850 minutes of football works at around a goal contribution every 0.64 games. If you don't consider that impressive (especially for a 19 year old) then I doubt any player we could sign will impress you. 😂