Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'd be very happy with this. Bargain.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

If we don’t get a decent winger and Eze was available for £16m, I will shoot myself. 

We'd have missed a trick there missing out on that price. Especially if we miss out on Benrahma too.

Edited by StanSP

22 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Don't know about you but I considered Gray to be very promising when he first arrived on the scene. The problem was that he never progressed. 

6 goal contributions in 850 minutes of football works at around a goal contribution every 0.64 games. If you don't consider that impressive (especially for a 19 year old) then I doubt any player we could sign will impress you. 😂

We need someone who can perform now, not a 19 year old who is performing for his age group, so no, im not impressed right now. You hit the nail on the head at the start of your post, why would we sign someone who could very easily not progress past where he is now like gray did. 

22 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Leverkusen seem to be quite active looking for a cb. Hope it means that they are willing to sell Tapsoda or Tah! Both would be very welcome here. 

I guess they are in a similar position to us, heading into the Europa League, with just three decent centre backs Tah, Tapsoba and Dragovic ( I’d take any of those btw ) like we have Evans, Soyuncu and Benkovic. If one gets injured, you’re down to the bare bones. Four needed really

Edited by FoxinNotts

A lot of folk saying hes more of a #10. I can't personally disagree as I've only ever saw him once or twice but the stats show that not only did he play on the left more often last season but he generally played better there. 

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I guess they are in a similar position to us, heading into the Europa League, with just three decent centre backs Tah, Tapsoba and Dragovic ( I’d take any of those btw ) like we have Evans, Soyuncu and Benkovic. If one gets injured, you’re down to the bare bones. Four needed really

They have sven bender who plays cb too. Usually plays in every game while the others alternate next to him. If they sign another, I can definitely see one going 

44 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

We need someone who can perform now, not a 19 year old who is performing for his age group, so no, im not impressed right now. You hit the nail on the head at the start of your post, why would we sign someone who could very easily not progress past where he is now like gray did. 

It's not just good for his age group though? 0.64 goal contributions per 90 over a full season would be around 22 contributions which is up there with the best in the league? I appreciate it's a small sample size but we aren't in a position to sign a player who has already shown he's capable of 20 plus goal contributions.

"why would we sign someone who could very easily not progress past where he is now like Gray did." 

Really? You could say this about pretty much any signing. Should we not have signed Vardy or Mahrez because they might not have improved? Very bizarre way of looking at things

We don't have the spending power or the lure to attract players who are proven to be able to score and assist regularly at premier league level so our choices are buy young talent with big potential such as Hudson-Odoi (not that I think we'd even be able to sign him, he's probably too good) or buy nearly there players such as Ayoze Perez who may be slightly better short term but aren't going to improve massively and won't increase in value. I know which approach I'd rather we take.

• Like 1

Eze would be a great signing.

Zouma would be decent too, good at defending and ok with his feet. Wages could be an issue though, sure he's on 80k a week, but if we can get him for a cheaper fee, happy days. I think with the current situation we won't be buying players and giving them big wages without selling a player first (Chilwell).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8590701/Crystal-Palace-ready-sell-Wilfried-Zaha-just-30m-summer.html

Palace ready to accept 30m now? That's come down a lot from 80m last summer.

• Like 1

Well tonight's game should be interesting in many ways

1. Good game I expect
  2. If Brentford lose then they will likely be raided fairly heavily
  3. If Fulham lose then would Mitrovic be a good option for us?

13 hours ago, CloudFox said:

As other posters have already said - Zouma will be a great player for us. Add him into the Chilwell deal could be superb for us. 

I would also take Barkley. At Everton he was a very good player, doesn't get the game time at Chelsea but rotating Maddison / Tielemans and Barkley is very good strength in depth. 

We will have 50+ games next year. These 2 could be a big help to our team this coming season.