Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Josh Maja could be available, sure we were linked before last season? 26 Goals in 80 games over the last 2 seasons, Seems to fit our profile, young talent with a possible higher sell on, Bordeux are having money problems and surely would pick us over West Ham or Rangers?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

Josh Maja could be available, sure we were linked before last season? 26 Goals in 80 games over the last 2 seasons, Seems to fit our profile, young talent with a possible higher sell on, Bordeux are having money problems and surely would pick us over West Ham or Rangers?

I thought about this the other day, he was quite close to joining us before he went to Bordeaux apparently. Good shout.

Guest Fktf
On 08/05/2020 at 09:05, Nick said:

I do wonder if we’ll try and get a marquee proven Prem player signing this window

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

To those suggesting Richarlison, he went to Everton for £50m, then Everton turned down a bid of £85m last summer from Barca! I’ll have whatever drugs you lot are on please 

It is a suggestion more in keeping with the OP than some posts in here... I take your point though. Perhaps I should be saying - if we sign only one striker this summer - I would like it to be a player like Richarlison, as opposed to another small pacey striker.

Richarlison and guys costing upwards of 50m are not in our realm. We will sign guys for 30 to 40m max who are still youngish or 27 28 and bags of experience but at a smaller club like William Carvalho. If we sign Brooks, a centre back adnd a striker I will be happy. And obvs replace Chilwell if he goes. 

• Like 1

Demirel £40m/Diallo£20m/Brooks£20m/Cantwell£20m/Edouard£30m. Sell Chilwell £60m and Iheanacho £25m! Rodgers doesn’t like his work rate! I’am proposing £130m spend with £85m plus fringe player fees as outs! Rodgers said he wanted to freshen the squad because it’s been similar since he took over. Also we need numbers in midfield as I’ve proposed! Benkovic needs to be kept for cover also! 

39 minutes ago, Fktf said:

It is a suggestion more in keeping with the OP than some posts in here... I take your point though. Perhaps I should be saying - if we sign only one striker this summer - I would like it to be a player like Richarlison, as opposed to another small pacey striker.

Oi don’t drag me back into this 😆 

Who do I want?  Hmmmm

not bothered, as long as.....

1.  They are a clear and obvious step up from what we have - not hard on the wingers front. 

2. they’re fast as fuch. 

3.  Young with room to grow. 

4. at or near world class. 

not much really. Should be easy. 

26 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Demirel £40m/Diallo£20m/Brooks£20m/Cantwell£20m/Edouard£30m. Sell Chilwell £60m and Iheanacho £25m! Rodgers doesn’t like his work rate! I’am proposing £130m spend with £85m plus fringe player fees as outs! Rodgers said he wanted to freshen the squad because it’s been similar since he took over. Also we need numbers in midfield as I’ve proposed! Benkovic needs to be kept for cover also! 

I quite like this list, apart from the fact we don't seem to have covered the loss of Chilwell at left back. So, I would want Telles as well. I know this takes the net spend up, but if we want to make the next step up, then this is the sort of investment required.

13 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Who do I want?  Hmmmm

not bothered, as long as.....

1.  They are a clear and obvious step up from what we have - not hard on the wingers front. 

2. they’re fast as fuch. 

3.  Young with room to grow. 

4. at or near world class. 

not much really. Should be easy. 

Don’t let VAR judge this you end up more confused than you started! 

We can get £5m for Slimani! We’ve already recouped quite a bit from him! Newcastle paid £4m loan fee! Fenerbahce/Monaco must of paid the same! So that’s £12m plus say £5m transfer fee or another £4m loan fee! Silva £2m loan maybe. Just recoup as much as possible and help justify a £130m -£150m spend.  At the end of the day we were spending £80m every summer since the title mostly finishing mid table! Plus we attracted Ricardo and Tieliemans during those times. Also we’ve made £30m extra from last season finishing higher. 

Think we need another CB, a good right winger and someone to replace Chilwell if we sell him. 

Long term we also need to buy a partner/eventual replacement for Vardy - is this finally the summer to do that?

I don't think we need to buy loads of players tbh. They need to add quality, pointless just signing makeweights. 

On 27/07/2020 at 10:30, Col city fan said:

I still think there’s a lot more to come from John Stones (other than the errors....)

He’s clearly surplus at Man City

I could see a Stones/Evans partnership working very well. Evans the calm older head, Stones the quicker younger apprentice (of sorts)

:thumbup:

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Kasper doesn’t need to improve as a goalkeeper, technically he’s brilliant; it’s his temperament which is sometimes an issue, which has been one of his very few flaws since he arrived regardless. 

Gosh!

We are watching different sports @pmcla26!

Kasper’s character & leadership skills are right up there.

But the man’s distribution is plain awful by PL standards. And he’s terrible on crosses. And he doesn’t command his area. Other than that, technically he’s not bad 😕

• Like 1

I notice Callum Wilson wants a move ‘to’ the PL  I’ve not watched enough of him lately to have a  formulated opinion as to if he could play a role here as a stop gap before Vards is replaced - I remember him featuring a few times for England but he’s gone way off the boil lately. I’d bet he’d want to be starting each week.