Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Guest An Sionnach
7 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Giroud would be a great focal point / offer something different. Someone in his mould at least would be nice to play cup games / give vardy some competition.

Big city boy is Giroud so Leicester might not be his scene, even though he is an excellent all round player and has a couple of seasons still in him. I still think Mitrovic is the man for us , people criticise his bad attitude but I think we need some of that , Jamie excepted we have too many nice guys.

8 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Giroud would be a great focal point / offer something different. Someone in his mould at least would be nice to play cup games / give vardy some competition.

I was calling for us to sign Giroud in January then he signed 1 year extension with Arsenal, think he'd be dynamite with vardy and would probably have kept us in CL spot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Big city boy is Giroud so Leicester might not be his scene, even though he is an excellent all round player and has a couple of seasons still in him. I still think Mitrovic is the man for us , people criticise his bad attitude but I think we need some of that , Jamie excepted we have too many nice guys.

Sell Nacho, get Mitrovic and Edouard, everyone’s happy, probably even Nacho :thumbup:.

On 31/07/2020 at 11:32, Abrasive fox said:

Additionally we had a 30m bid turned down for tarkowski post maguire amongst others and would have spent similar on demiral in Jan if they'd accepted so weve not just banked the maguire money.

Also the club gained an extra 7m from maguire get cl and didnt pay out on the champions league bonuses to the players so swings and roundabouts.

I know this is a million dollar question, but in your opinion how much do you think is in the kitty for the summer before any sales. Like I say I know it would be a complete guess just intrigued.

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I know this is a million dollar question, but in your opinion how much do you think is in the kitty for the summer before any sales. Like I say I know it would be a complete guess just intrigued.

No idea - some reliable people on here have said not a lot, I've heard that they'll be a bit more than usual. We'll see i guess.

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

No idea - some reliable people on here have said not a lot, I've heard that they'll be a bit more than usual. We'll see i guess.

Seems to be completely mixed messages everywhere I’ve read. Some say spend bigger than usual, some say hardly anything.

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Seems to be completely mixed messages everywhere I’ve read. Some say spend bigger than usual, some say hardly anything.

Wonder if we are just keeping our powder dry, so we will spend if good targets become available whilst not “showing our hand” too soon :dunno:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wonder if we are just keeping our powder dry, so we will spend if good targets become available whilst not “showing our hand” too soon :dunno:

I would like to think this is the case. I think in terms of investment, this year is probably one of the most important in the clubs history.

1 minute ago, 420Hashish said:

I personally think we need 1 big name signing who would accept a cut in wages to prove our ambition. 

Bale, James Rodriguez, and Coutinho

We could also hunt for players on Barcelona and Madrid's bench, like Arthur. 

Not a chance of any of them.... completely lower your expectations, because otherwise your going to be bitterly disappointed this window. 

• Like 1

Just now, ronnup said:

Crumbs. Prepare for some dissapointment.  

Not a chance of any of them.... completely lower your expectations, because otherwise your going to be bitterly disappointed this window. 

I mean did any of you guys expect Cambiasso to come to Leicester? 

Just now, 420Hashish said:

I mean did any of you guys expect Cambiasso to come to Leicester? 

The same Cambiasso who only had a few years left & bitterly wanted to play in the premier league? Admittedly no of course I didn’t. However, the players you’ve stated are all in the prime of their career you simply can’t compare.

The same Cambiasso who only had a few years left & bitterly wanted to play in the premier league? Admittedly no of course I didn’t. However, the players you’ve stated are all in the prime of their career you simply can’t compare.

But we're also in a better state now. 5th place, talented squad, golden boot winner, Europa League, and more revenue. I'm not specifically asking for those players, but rather comparable ones

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

I was calling for us to sign Giroud in January then he signed 1 year extension with Arsenal, think he'd be dynamite with vardy and would probably have kept us in CL spot

I've been hugely critical of Giroud to my Arsenal mates but he's incredibly clever and would've been a perfect foil for Vardy. 

Mitrovic might be a better option now due to age. 

A proper horrible basket with a lot of telent. 

If Fulham fail, we should be all over him

6 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

But we're also in a better state now. 5th place, talented squad, golden boot winner, Europa League, and more revenue. I'm not specifically asking for those players, but rather comparable ones

Let me ask you this.... why would they take wage cuts of let’s say at least £50k a week, which totals to £600k a year, when they could play at a bigger sized club on more wages?

9 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Crumbs. Prepare for some dissapointment.  

Yeah can’t see any marquee signings given the investment in the the training ground  reduced income for Kingpower lately. We definitely need to add numbers + Loan to buy may be an option to get European competition talent. 

1 minute ago, Hollyfox said:

I've been hugely critical of Giroud to my Arsenal mates but he's incredibly clever and would've been a perfect foil for Vardy. 

I suggested Mitrovic the other day however, having thought about it I feel he’s the type of player who enjoys being the main main of a team.

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Let me ask you this.... why would they take wage cuts of let’s say at least £50k a week, which totals to £600k a year, when they could play at a bigger sized club on more wages?

Lallana did it for playing time. 

If no one wants to match their wages, they'll have to take a paycut eventually 

8 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Definately, I'm a big fan of mitrovic and we definately need a player who can player as a lone striker and with vardy and I think mitrovic would be perfect