Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

9 hours ago, Nick said:

I notice Callum Wilson wants a move ‘to’ the PL  I’ve not watched enough of him lately to have a  formulated opinion as to if he could play a role here as a stop gap before Vards is replaced - I remember him featuring a few times for England but he’s gone way off the boil lately. I’d bet he’d want to be starting each week. 

If Edouard turned out to be too difficult to sign, this would be a great signing for the ~£10mill suggested in the press. Decent experienced forward, has pace and a decent physical presence. Would give us another option and would suit our style of play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if he's been mentioned but Liverpool's Rhian Brewster has looked very good whilst on loan at Swansea. Not sure that Liverpool would sell but we could maybe get him on loan for the season. I think he would be a good fit for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Not sure if he's been mentioned but Liverpool's Rhian Brewster has looked very good whilst on loan at Swansea. Not sure that Liverpool would sell but we could maybe get him on loan for the season. I think he would be a good fit for us.

Definitely one for the future. I don't know too much about his all round style of play, but some of his goals for Swansea have been absolutely sublime.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We've got Tielemans and Praet so let's make it an Anderlecht trio and get Mitrovic in. In all seriousness if he coult control his temperament he'd do a job

Yari Verschaeren is the next superstar from Anderlecht

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Would like Diabate to be given a second chance to be a contributor ar our club. I know Puel brought him in and not the new regime but I still feel he has something to offer our squad. 

He’s scored about 3 goals in 2 years on loan, he’s crap 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Would like Diabate to be given a second chance to be a contributor ar our club. I know Puel brought him in and not the new regime but I still feel he has something to offer our squad. 

Hasn't really done much in his loan spells in Turkey or France the last 2 seasons. Don't think he's up to the standard we're looking for.

4 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

2 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Definitely one for the future. I don't know too much about his all round style of play, but some of his goals for Swansea have been absolutely sublime.

Brewster would be a good alternative if we can't sign Watkins, Edouard or someone similar. A loan with an option to buy would be a good deal. 

On 30/07/2020 at 13:17, mozartfox said:

Shon Weismann would be worth a look at. 24 years old and top scorer in the Austrian League with 30 goals this season just finished.  Not the tallest player but knows where the goal is.  i suspect he will be snapped up by some German Team for a very small fee.  Having said that a typical Celtic signing.

I doubt Congers knows where the Austrian is.

It seems Wham and Celtic are sniffing around.  

20 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Kasper doesn’t need to improve as a goalkeeper, technically he’s brilliant; it’s his temperament which is sometimes an issue, which has been one of his very few flaws since he arrived regardless. 

Apart from his distribution which is technically awful. 

Really want Emi Buendia. Don't think he'd cost a lot and would be class for us.

Wins the ball a lot in midfield and is great at playing through balls. Exactly what Barnes and Vardy thrive on.

Think he'd score a few more for us aswell with better players around him.

• Like 4

If we really were going to go down the route of splashing some serious cash (which I doubt), I would be more than happy with... 

John Stones £25m

Todd Cantwell £25m

David Brooks £25m

Callum Wilson £10m

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 1

Nketiah, Willock, Maitland-Niles, Nelson, and Smith Rowe. All young talented attacking talents at Arsenal but you'd think the Gunners wouldn't be able to keep all of them happy as time goes on. Would any of them improve our squad if they became available?

4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If we really were going to go down the route of splashing some serious cash (which I doubt), I would be more than happy with... 

John Stones £25m

Todd Cantwell £25m

David Brooks £25m

Callum Wilson £10m

Definitely a no from me on Stones and Wilson. Cantwell a maybe but not totally convinced. Yes please to David Brooks.

On 31/07/2020 at 19:51, pmcla26 said:

Kasper doesn’t need to improve as a goalkeeper, technically he’s brilliant; it’s his temperament which is sometimes an issue, which has been one of his very few flaws since he arrived regardless. 

Kaspar now needs some proper competition for his place as does Vardy. They've both actually had good seasons but if we really want to be a top six club we need 2 number 9s and 2 number 1s that we can depend on.

I can’t believe that anybody is looking at our squad and thinking “what we could really do with is John Stones, he’s the sort of character we don’t have enough of”.

12 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Kaspar now needs some proper competition for his place as does Vardy. They've both actually had good seasons but if we really want to be a top six club we need 2 number 9s and 2 number 1s that we can depend on.

Don't disagree re: Vardy but GK competition is a myth.

No top club has 'competing' goalkeepers - Adrian, Bravo, Gazzaniga, Caballero, Romero etc. You can only pick one and he plays 38 times a season apart from injury, you can't rotate and drop keepers like strikers, it causes disaster for your defence.

The club have backed Iversen to be Schmeichel's long term successor.

• Like 3