Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

44 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

I’d have a look at someone like Justin kluivert from Roma. Highly rated still only 21 barely gets any game time at Roma, should improve our wing options quite a bit. 

Sounds like a bit of a punt to me, if money is going to be spent on a winger it needs to be someone who there's a good chance of hitting the ground running and can immediately contribute double figures in terms of goals and assists, not sure someone who can't get a game for Roma and has been a regular one season in his career thus far is that guy.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

If Chilwell does go to Chelsea I hope we go after Reguillon, had a really good season at Sevilla and just scored a really good solo run goal against Roma, meant to be available for £20-£30m

Watching the same game at the moment, looks very good.

Wesley Fofana £15-20m

Eberechi Eze £15-20m

David Brooks £20-25m

Odsonne Edouard £25m

Net spend: £75-90m

Personally think that would cover where we need players. The main problem is funding it without selling one of our top players. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Maitland-Niles available from Arsenal apparently. Not sure he knows what his best position is yet but could offer some flexibility and cover, particularly if we play wing backs.

Decent prospect, played very well in the Cup Final last week. They reportedly want £30m for him :teehee:, which if the case steer well clear. Much better value for money out there I’m sure

Guest An Sionnach

It's important to remember that quality players will expect to start matches pretty regularly , if they think they are going to spend match after match on the bench , they will not come. Players of a lower standard would be more patient but we do not want that. This remains a difficult problem for Rodgers that say Jurgen Klopp wouldn't have because of Liverpool's great history.

15 minutes ago, Nickbluefox said:

Whats your thoughts on Harry Wilson from Liverpool. From what I've seen he looks like he could be a decent buy. Leeds have bid 15mil for him. Could he be any good for us? 

He looked good in the championship but I thought he struggled with Bournemouth in the EPL this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys sign him though as Rodgers tried to get him twice before when he was at Celtic and is allegedly a big fan of his.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Sounds like a bit of a punt to me, if money is going to be spent on a winger it needs to be someone who there's a good chance of hitting the ground running and can immediately contribute double figures in terms of goals and assists, not sure someone who can't get a game for Roma and has been a regular one season in his career thus far is that guy.

I totally agree with you, some posters on here would just buy for the sake of getting a new name in who looked good on YouTube, how many wingers not up to the grade do we need to buy. We have Kaputska, Ghezzal and Diabate who we can't move on. Most of the names we have been linked with are no better than what we have. The same people who are slagging Gray of want Sarr from Watford, I can't see him being any better, look at his figures!

I have a feeling that our best winger next season will be Barnes even if we do bring someone in.

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

I totally agree with you, some posters on here would just buy for the sake of getting a new name in who looked good on YouTube, how many wingers not up to the grade do we need to buy. We have Kaputska, Ghezzal and Diabate who we can't move on. Most of the names we have been linked with are no better than what we have. The same people who are slagging Gray of want Sarr from Watford, I can't see him being any better, look at his figures!

I have a feeling that our best winger next season will be Barnes even if we do bring someone in.

Is it really that fair to compare a 22 year old Sarr who has one season in english football, never mind the EPL to Gray who is 24, has been here 5 years and has not shown any signs of improving?

And even if you did compare their stats, I would still take Sarr's all day long. 

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

Gazza Bale on loan

Cracking idea - we could offer to pay about a ninth of his wages. I’m sure he’d uproot his family and jump at the prospect. He could hone his skills on Shelthorpe Golf Course.

7 hours ago, Webbo said:

I don't particularly want us to sign him but I've got a feeling we're going to end up with Jessie Lingard. 

I'm sure I read somewhere that he wants to stay close to his family who live in the north west, so unlikely hed come to us. More likely he will go to Everton

Seen a few reports that Ryan Fraser not attracting as much interest as expected so his likely wage demands might lower. Palace have supposedly offered 55k p/w. 

Might be worth a dabble at that level? A definite no at 100k but for just over half that he might be a decent squad option, his wages wont rub other players up the wrong way, and it still leaves decent money to try and get the first team quality winger we need. 

I think he'd probably be an upgrade on Gray and Albrighton as an off the bench option. 

Edited by martyn

19 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Is it really that fair to compare a 22 year old Sarr who has one season in english football, never mind the EPL to Gray who is 24, has been here 5 years and has not shown any signs of improving?

And even if you did compare their stats, I would still take Sarr's all day long. 

No it's not, but Watford paid around £30 million I believe, I haven't seen much to persuade me he's much of an upgrade.

16 minutes ago, martyn said:

Seen a few reports that Ryan Fraser not attracting as much interest as expected so his likely wage demands might lower. Palace have supposedly offered 55k p/w. 

Might be worth a dabble at that level? A definite no at 100k but for just over half that he might be a decent squad option, his wages wont rub other players up the wrong way, and it still leaves decent money to try and get the first team quality winger we need. 

I think he'd probably be an upgrade on Gray and Albrighton as an off the bench option. 

Funny that, downing tools after a brilliant year instead of pushing on to attract more suitors hasn't worked out for him. 

• Like 2