Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

6 hours ago, Harry96 said:

Would take Marc cucurella from getafe. Winger/left back from Barca academy. Very decent player 

Liked him every time I've seen him. Can play basically anywhere down the left. Problem is they've only just signed him permanently, so maybe if Chilwell does stay for a year then goes next summer, maybe that's a chance to sign Cucurella, which I'd take.

On 05/08/2020 at 05:12, Steve Earle said:

Agree @jeffschlupp, would be delighted & amazed if we sign two wingers, let alone the two I’ve named. If we don’t, Gray stays one more year.

Thanks for clearing up the rules, very helpful. Think Bosworth & Knight (or Johnson) could well feature in the EL squads.

I went for five CBs based on our (lamentable) run in. If we’re going to play three at the back we’ll need 5 CBs. But I suspect Rodgers saw enough in those 9 games and will revert to 433/4141(in which case either Benko or Wes miss out).

I think, with both Justin and Fuchs abley filling in at RCB and LCB, that four centrebacks + Morgan would be more than enough

The fantastic news about Ghezzal has made me confident about selling our "deadweight"

Gray £15 million

Slimani £10 million

Ghezzal £9 million

Amartey £3 million

Silva free

Saves well over 200k in wages and gets us over £30 million. If we don't sell Chilwell and have a smaller budget, we could still get Brooks and Fofana, which would fill our squad out decently. If we sell Chilwell on top of these guys, we'd be laughing.

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

So Celtic will hold out for a price well over £30 million for Edouard?

I think £30m will be our price, I think if someone offers that up-front I'd be surprised if he stayed. Lawell seems a stickler for having these big fees paid up-front in one go, it was the same with Dembele and Tierney with the latter's protracted transfer dragging on the whole of last summer due to Arsenal's wish to pay in installments.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The fantastic news about Ghezzal has made me confident about selling our "deadweight"

Gray £15 million

Slimani £10 million

Ghezzal £9 million

Amartey £3 million

Silva free

Saves well over 200k in wages and gets us over £30 million. If we don't sell Chilwell and have a smaller budget, we could still get Brooks and Fofana, which would fill our squad out decently. If we sell Chilwell on top of these guys, we'd be laughing.

I'd be amazed if anyone took guys like Slimani and Ghezzal off you for free let alone paying any money for them. You've been trying to get rid of them for years and this summer, the sort of clubs who would likely be interested in them in Europe will have less money than usual to spend. I think best you can hope for is a club picking up the tab for some or ideally all of their wages in a loan deal.

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd be amazed if anyone took guys like Slimani and Ghezzal off you for free let alone paying any money for them. You've been trying to get rid of them for years and this summer, the sort of clubs who would likely be interested in them in Europe will have less money than usual to spend. I think best you can hope for is a club picking up the tab for some or ideally all of their wages in a loan deal.

Fiorentina are reportedly going to buy him after his loan

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I think £30m will be our price, I think if someone offers that up-front I'd be surprised if he stayed. Lawell seems a stickler for having these big fees paid up-front in one go, it was the same with Dembele and Tierney with the latter's protracted transfer dragging on the whole of last summer due to Arsenal's wish to pay in installments.

Surely thats a no brainer for £30 Million his price will only go up. Vardy is 33 now and cannot rely on him for that many more years its time for a real replacement as its sink or swim if he rapidly declines.

13 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Surely thats a no brainer for £30 Million his price will only go up. Vardy is 33 now and cannot rely on him for that many more years its time for a real replacement as its sink or swim if he rapidly declines.

If he were to do well in his first season yeah you'd imagine he'd be worth double that right away.

Thank god that other thread got locked lol 

It did make me think though, there’s so many options for comms with fans that big clubs still miss out on. 

Especially at the minute, why not do a meet the team webinar? You see everything in those sunderland, Leeds and spurs documentaries. Why not just have a few sessions where the recruitment team explain their roles and the stages in transfers. It’s not like it’s too secret! 

I reckon it would really help fans understand who does what when it comes to signing players. Stop all this nonsense and criticising someone you don’t even know or have a clue of his actual job.

For me it’s downright nasty at times, bordering on bullying. Why on earth would you attack someone you’ve never spoken to or heard from about a job that you have no idea about lol 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It did make me think though, there’s so many options for comms with fans that big clubs still miss out on. 

Especially at the minute, why not do a meet the team webinar? You see everything in those sunderland, Leeds and spurs documentaries. Why not just have a few sessions where the recruitment team explain their roles and the stages in transfers. It’s not like it’s too secret! 

I reckon it would really help fans understand who does what when it comes to signing players. Stop all this nonsense and criticising someone you don’t even know or have a clue of his actual job.

For me it’s downright nasty at times, bordering on bullying. Why on earth would you attack someone you’ve never spoken to or heard from about a job that you have no idea about lol 

I think this is a good idea. I'd be very interested to know more about how the club operates re: scouting and transfers. I suppose there is a danger of giving secrets away to other clubs, but then there's still probably plenty they know already that we, the fans, don't.

It's more to do with coaching, but I found the interview with Paul Balsom, our Head of Performance Innovation, from October last year fascinating.

If you've not heard it, I think it's definitely worth a listen.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/8-paul-balsom-to-premier-league-beyond-leicester-city/id1458881321?i=1000455600782

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Didn't Macia or one of our analysts do something like this a few years ago? 

5 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Poor choice that as he won’t play all that much! Money talks though 

Backup to probably the best left back in the League, in a titel winning team who play 70 plus games a season?  I would think he plays at least 25 games.

35 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

I’d have a look at someone like Justin kluivert from Roma. Highly rated still only 21 barely gets any game time at Roma, should improve our wing options quite a bit. 

There’s fairly good reason why...

Though a switch might just be what the doctor ordered.