Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Wouldn’t mind bringing in Callum Wilson or Danny Ings to give Vards real competition. Wilson probably would be easiest to land. Adding the likes of Buendia or Hudson-Odoi would help add quality but in truth we probably need six proven players who could play in the first XI now if we want to compete in Europe and the PL. suspect we may get 2/3 given finances.

34 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

I personally think we need 1 big name signing who would accept a cut in wages to prove our ambition. 

Bale, James Rodriguez, and Coutinho

We could also hunt for players on Barcelona and Madrid's bench, like Arthur. 

Arthur is going to Juventus for £66m, Barcelona are bringing Pjanic in the other direction for £55m. We are not in a position to spend £66m on a player Juventus want to build a midfield around!!! Bale, Rodriguez and Coutinho would want astronomical wages even with a reduction. I’m all for being optimistic and ambitious, but these are fantasy options, never going to happen without Manchester City like investment!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Wouldn’t mind bringing in Callum Wilson or Danny Ings to give Vards real competition. Wilson probably would be easiest to land. Adding the likes of Buendia or Hudson-Odoi would help add quality but in truth we probably need six proven players who could play in the first XI now if we want to compete in Europe and the PL. suspect we may get 2/3 given finances.

Hudson odoi is the next demarai gray. We need to steer clear 

The club took in £16m in matchday revenue in 16-17 and £15m last season - I think they'll miss out on about £20m at most here without fans.

Add in payments of roughly £20m towards the rebate (some delayed until next summer); donations to the NHS and WSL/EFL/NL and COVID secure costs, I think the pandemic has probably hit the club to the tune of £50m or so.

They will get at least £10m from the Europa League, though, and only spent about £12m net last summer (would've been the usual £30-40m if they'd got Tarkowski). So I think they are only about £10m short of a typical summer, maybe a net spend of about £25m-£30m given there won't be too many big contracts given out this summer unlike 2016 or 2018.

If you get £60m for Chilwell and £10m for one or two others, they've probably got about £100m for five players - CB, LB, AM, RW, CF. If £60m goes on a winger and centre forward they will need at least one free transfer to afford to spend £20m in the other two positions.

All in all I think selling Chilwell will be essential to us buying decent quality players.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Hudson odoi is the next demarai gray. We need to steer clear 

Thought he had some promise a year or so back, he got in England squad.  Realistically I think we are looking at someone like him, Buendia or maybe Sarr who has been relegated or someone not in a first XI.  Fraser From B’mouth tho had a dip in form this last year but there is always a degree of risk.

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

Wouldn’t mind Christina Hendricks to give the wife some competition, but that won’t happen either.

• Haha 4

Its a wild attempt but I would like Robin Gosens from Atalanta. Can play LB and LWB efficiently. I know Atalanta are 3rd in Serie A and potential CL semi finalists and he probably wouldn't wanna downgrade to Europa League. But he is better than Chilwell and would cost less.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

So now your comparing Lallana to Bale & Coutinho? Come off it.

Sorry for being optimistic or having a dream, no matter how unrealistic. I'll try to be dull from now on. 

Edited by 420Hashish

Guest An Sionnach
14 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Definately, I'm a big fan of mitrovic and we definately need a player who can player as a lone striker and with vardy and I think mitrovic would be perfect 

We can't expect Vardy to play 90 minutes of every match anymore , being able to switch to another lead striker is now necessary , either as a starter or to change things up during the match. Mitrovic offers a different approach plus he would bring out the best of Perez.

43 minutes ago, matty98 said:

People can't see the difference between Gray and Hudson Odoi... :nigel:

Hudson Odoi is only 19 and has 10x more end product than Gray.

I’ve watched Hudson-Odoi a few times and in all honesty I don’t understand the hype around him at all. I get he’s still very young but i’m unimpressed so far.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

25m is a lot of money for someone who might be something of a luxury player or rotation option for us. We need someone who is a cut above the rest, not just might be okay. 

Buendia suits Leeds to a tee though, could see that happening. 

A Rw who produced the numbers he did for an awful team like Norwich ... imo he’d be more than a squad player he’d be a starter! 

Edited by dbtcity