Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Diego Rico if Chilwell goes?

Decent LB, has good tackling and interception stats. Decent crosser, think he'd work well with Barnes Infront of him.

If we could get him for less than £10 million it would be a very good signing and leave a lot of funds to invest elsewhere.

• Like 1

Today’s link with Trincão and the leaked prices for Zaha & Eze have got me proper excited! Here’s a 26 man squad, admittedly without me bothering to look up the rules around home grown players (which might mean egs Choudhury & Thomas don’t count?) - I could be persuaded to leave Wes in charge of sounds & patience?

It looks seriously good to me, and improves us in all the areas needed...

GK Schmeichel Ward Jakupovic

FB Ricardo Justin Chilwell Fuchs 

CB Evans Soyuncu Demiral Benkovic Morgan

CM Ndidi Mendy Choudhury 

AM Maddison Tielemans Praet Eze

WF Barnes Zaha Trincão Albrighton 

ST Vardy Edouard Perez 

Spend: 

Demiral £30m

Eze £16m

Zaha £30m

Trincão £7.5m (first year loan)

Edouard £30m

Total £113.5m

Sales:

Nacho £22.5m

Gray £17.5m

Slimami £10m

Ghezzal £5m

Amartey £3m

Diabate £0.5m

Silva £0

James £0

King £0

Total £58.5m

Net spend £55m.

Which isn’t much if you say it quickly! And amounts to our average annual spend topped up with some of the Maguire money. Simple. 

Edited by Steve Earle
omission
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Today’s link with Trincão and the leaked prices for Zaha & Eze have got me proper excited! Here’s a 26 man squad, admittedly without me bothering to look up the rules around home grown players (which might mean egs Choudhury & Thomas don’t count?) - I could be persuaded to leave Wes in charge of sounds & patience?

CM Ndidi Mendy Choudhury 

ST Vardy Edouard Perez 

Spend: 

Demiral £30m

Eze £16m

Zaha £30m

Edouard £30m

Total £113.5m

Sales:

Nacho £22.5m

Gray £17.5m

Slimami £10m

Ghezzal £5m

Amartey £3m

Diabate £0.5m

Silva £0

James £0

Total £58.5m

Net spend £55m.

Which isn’t much if you say it quickly! And amounts to our average annual spend topped up with some of the Maguire money. Simple. 

For the PL that 26 man squad is fine because Trincao is U21.

However for EL we can only name 24 if Chilwell stays (we only have three club trained players), so two would have to miss out. I don't think there is a requirement to have three keepers so Jakupovic could miss out and they could have Bosworth on the B list if required, but they'd still be unable to register one of the other 25.

I would be very surprised if they kept 5 CBs - Benkovic would be much better off if he has another 12 months somewhere on loan. We rarely use the third choice CB never mind the fourth choice as long as Cags/Evans stay fit, CBs are not a position you can freely rotate without the risk of disruption. Alternatively, CB no.5 could be Josh Knight - he is obviously club trained so would fill that 25th EL spot and can cover at CB, RB and DM. Again, I imagine he would probably be best to go out on loan still.

Overall I think it's not far off the sort of squad we'll end up with, except I don't think we'll get two wingers and instead will keep one of Gray or Iheanacho.

Edited by jeffschlupp
  • Like 1

Agree @jeffschlupp, would be delighted & amazed if we sign two wingers, let alone the two I’ve named. If we don’t, Gray stays one more year.

Thanks for clearing up the rules, very helpful. Think Bosworth & Knight (or Johnson) could well feature in the EL squads.

I went for five CBs based on our (lamentable) run in. If we’re going to play three at the back we’ll need 5 CBs. But I suspect Rodgers saw enough in those 9 games and will revert to 433/4141(in which case either Benko or Wes miss out).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

CM Ndidi Mendy Choudhury 

ST Vardy Edouard Perez 

Spend: 

Demiral £30m

Eze £16m

Zaha £30m

Edouard £30m

Total £113.5m

Sales:

Nacho £22.5m

Gray £17.5m

Slimami £10m

Ghezzal £5m

Amartey £3m

Diabate £0.5m

Silva £0

James £0

Total £58.5m

Net spend £55m.

That would be an amazing window, not sure we would get the money for the dead wood though. :fc:

• Like 1

Just now, WarehamFox said:

That would be an amazing window, not sure we would get the money for the dead wood though. :fc:

I thought I was being conservative? Could easily get more for all/any of the first three, if there’s competition for their services from the usual lower/mid-table clubs?

God it feels good writing that and knowing we’re not one of them!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

CM Ndidi Mendy Choudhury 

ST Vardy Edouard Perez 

Spend: 

Demiral £30m

Eze £16m

Zaha £30m

Edouard £30m

Total £113.5m

Sales:

Nacho £22.5m

Gray £17.5m

Slimami £10m

Ghezzal £5m

Amartey £3m

Diabate £0.5m

Silva £0

James £0

Total £58.5m

Net spend £55m.

Dreamy. Literally.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

CM Ndidi Mendy Choudhury 

ST Vardy Edouard Perez 

Spend: 

Demiral £30m

Eze £16m

Zaha £30m

Edouard £30m

Total £113.5m

Sales:

Nacho £22.5m

Gray £17.5m

Slimami £10m

Ghezzal £5m

Amartey £3m

Diabate £0.5m

Silva £0

James £0

Total £58.5m

Net spend £55m.

I don't think that's too far off in terms of transfer value out

If anything I think we'd get nearer £30M for Nacho. Proven goal scorers in the Prem go for premium money. He's capable of getting 15 goals per season.

10 hours ago, General Smuts said:

I'd rather Christensen from Chelsea

Same here, think he'd be a good addition, surprised he is still only 24,  can also play on the right

what would Chelsea value him at? £25m? So £50m & Christensen for Chilwell, £30m towards Edouard, £20m towards another player

Watkins is an interesting one. Was only converted to a CF this season as they didn't replace Maupay. 

You wonder whether he'd rather be back on the wing and scoring... if so he's always been more of a left sided player (again, not a priority currently)

A strange observation perhaps... but his goal stats this season are a little clouded by games where he/Brentford have completely dominated, IE he's scored doubles or a hat trick. He's never really been on a run of goals as such.

Also in the 13 games Brentford lost in the normal season, he only scored in one of them. One thing I like in a striker is thinking I can rely on them to pop up with an equaliser or even a comeback winner (JV for example), you wonder if his head drops when his side are struggling? (even just a consolation because he's hungry to score...)

Also only scored 4 after the restart, which is surprising given that run of 7 games Brentford went on where they destroyed everyone in sight. Only 3 assists all season too, so not like he's backing a run like that up with goal involvements. 

Worth a punt as a back up striker for next season with a view to training him up to replace JV, but definitely think he's got a lot more to learn as a striker. 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 2

Watkins is going to have his pick of clubs, from what I've seen I'd like us to be in for him. I think he's a similar player to Vardy but can also hold it up well too. Unless one of the "big 6" are interested we'd have to have a decent chance, London pull could bring West Ham into the equation, the usual suspects of Everton, Wolves and Southampton too.