Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Just reading Juventus are in for smalling! Fingers crossed that means Leicester are in for Demirel 🤞🤞🙏🙏

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

United want 18 million for a 30 year old Chris Smalling:o He's got less than two years left on his deal too. A loan move would be perfect for us, but I can imagine United will want to sell him this summer, not sure they'll get the wanted 18 million though.

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Like 2

Jack Grealish

I know he won’t come here, but he may be available and it would be a huge statement of intent if we can get him here. If he is just going to cost 40-45m as the rumour has it, that is a bargain. He will become the best midfield player we will have and he tends to operate on the left so he can help solve our problem on the left, freeing Barnes to go central and develop his game behind Vardy. Even in a bad Villa outfit, Grealish stood out - if he has better players around him he will be awesome. I have been watching him for years - he is a gem. He is also very loyal - despite clearly being eligible to play in the PL, he stood by Villa while they spent 3 years in the championship (can you imagine our first team doing that except for Vardy and Kasper?).

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I know he won’t come here, but he may be available and it would be a huge statement of intent if we can get him here. If he is just going to cost 40-45m as the rumour has it, that is a bargain. He will become the best midfield player we will have and he tends to operate on the left so he can help solve our problem on the left, freeing Barnes to go central and develop his game behind Vardy. Even in a bad Villa outfit, Grealish stood out - if he has better players around him he will be awesome. I have been watching him for years - he is a gem. He is also very loyal - despite clearly being eligible to, he stood by Villa while they spent 3 years in the championship.

I thought it was rumoured to be 80 million they wanted for him.

They dont need to sell him now they`ve stayed up, so he wont be going on the cheap to anyone, and besides that, i will be surprised if we spend anywhere near 40 million on one player.

I`d be happy to have him here if we could keep him on his feet, but it`s not going to happen.

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I thought it was rumoured to be 80 million they wanted for him.

They dont need to sell him now they`ve stayed up, so he wont be going on the cheap to anyone, and besides that, i will be surprised if we spend anywhere near 40 million on one player.

I`d be happy to have him here if we could keep him on his feet, but it`s not going to happen.

Right. Yeah 40 would be difficult for us let alone 80. I am still wondering if the 80 we got from Maguire is actually still available?

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Right. Yeah 40 would be difficult for us let alone 80. I am still wondering if the 80 we got from Maguire is actually still available?

Well we signed Perez  and Tillemans so i would imagine that would account for about 60 million of it, plus their wages,  although of course we would have had a budget to spend on top of that, but i`m not sure it would have covered the 80 million we got for Maguire.

30 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

freeing Barnes to go central

Barnes is not a no.8, and we don't play with a no.10, so where exactly in the centre do you want Barnes to play?

We do not need a left sided wide player. The left is Albrighton's best position and Barnes needs a run of games there at the start of next season. We need a right winger with power and goalscoring capabilities, not a left sided £80m copy of Maddison who can't pull his socks above his ankles.

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Our problem on the left? We have much more of a problem on the right hand side. If we are going to chick £40m+ at a winger, it won't be a left sided one....

If we're going to spend 40m + on a chick I'd go for Rachel.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

If we're going to spend 40m + on a chick I'd go for Rachel.

Have you fallen out with Suzie TF ???

Edited by mozartfox
  • Haha 1

While I'd love this to happen, it's never happening. We're not going to chuck £80m on a player, whether in a lump sum or installments. Not yet anyway. Even if we were willing to do so, we'd have to smash our wage structure just to even be competitive with the likes of Man Utd and whoever else may be interested in him.

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I know he won’t come here, but he may be available and it would be a huge statement of intent if we can get him here. If he is just going to cost 40-45m as the rumour has it, that is a bargain. He will become the best midfield player we will have and he tends to operate on the left so he can help solve our problem on the left, freeing Barnes to go central and develop his game behind Vardy. Even in a bad Villa outfit, Grealish stood out - if he has better players around him he will be awesome. I have been watching him for years - he is a gem. He is also very loyal - despite clearly being eligible to play in the PL, he stood by Villa while they spent 3 years in the championship (can you imagine our first team doing that except for Vardy and Kasper?).

Classic FT lol

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Why make a new thread then?