Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maitland-Niles is the epitome of mediocre.

Given the opportunity to shine in a team that will utilise him properly I think he will be a great contributor. He’s no world beater but you need players like him to have a successful squad. 

I haven't seen a winger in the premier league outside the big six who would significantly improve our first 11.  People underestimate Gray, try watching some of these other premier league wingers in matches, I've not seen consistency from anyone.

To get a proven class player in that position from abroad costs the sort of money we can't spend and if we could spend £40-£60 million would they come here? Apparently Bergwijn and Ziyech both turned us down. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with this window.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I haven't seen a winger in the premier league outside the big six who would significantly improve our first 11.  People underestimate Gray, try watching some of these other premier league wingers in matches, I've not seen consistency from anyone.

To get a proven class player in that position from abroad costs the sort of money we can't spend and if we could spend £40-£60 million would they come here? Apparently Bergwijn and Ziyech both turned us down. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with this window.

There's no value in the PL anyway, there's a few available in Europe. Thauvin for 15m euros with a year left on his contract, Rashica £20m from Bremen.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's no value in the PL anyway, there's a few available in Europe. Thauvin for 15m euros with a year left on his contract, Rashica £20m from Bremen.

I was just about to mention you, you probably could find us a couple who would be a gamble but could be interesting in that price bracket.

Felipe Anderson could be available from West Ham, think we were previously interested in him? Can play wide and in the 10 role. Does seem to blow hot & cold but

If he was £20m-£30m i'd take him here but I'd imagine Westham would want most/all of the £40m they paid

41 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I think we've already got the best young winger outside the big six. Harvey Barnes, If he continues to progress at the rate he has and discovers his shooting boots the problem we'll have is keeping him.

Long way to go yet before that happens - his movement, positioning, decision making all marv... first touch... nowhere near the level of his other attributes.

Guest An Sionnach
41 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I think we've already got the best young winger outside the big six. Harvey Barnes, If he continues to progress at the rate he has and discovers his shooting boots the problem we'll have is keeping him.

Going to be really good is Harvey but he isn't a winger. Albrighton is a winger , Gray could be one but Harvey is a Vardy style striker.

1 minute ago, Luttfox said:

Felipe Anderson could be available from West Ham, think we were previously interested in him? Can play wide and in the 10 role. Does seem to blow hot & cold but

If he was £20m-£30m i'd take him here but I'd imagine Westham would want most/all of the £40m they paid

hmm we were chasing a few years ago and were gutted he went to the Hammers - not really sure after watching him for them - great talent but not sure about attitude.

5 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

1 goal and 4 assists last season, played more minutes than Gray and is older. Not that much, if any, of an upgrade to Gray. I'd sooner we keep Gray.

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

Long way to go yet before that happens - his movement, positioning, decision making all marv... first touch... nowhere near the level of his other attributes.

He's improving more quickly than anyone else I can think of, he was just getting into his stride before the lockdown, agree his first touch could be worked on. I think he'll surprise a lot of people next season, His strength in riding tackles reminds me of Gascoigne 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Opinion piece on Zaha possible destinations - not a link but thought it was half decently written and mentions us.

https://onefootball.com/en/news/five-potential-landing-spots-for-wilfried-zaha-30719735

I still think he’d be great for us.

I don't get the calls for Zaha, He's not going to get any better. 4 goals and 5 assists last season compared to Barnes 6 goals 8 assists. He hardly touched the ball against us as in July as I recall.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Need another central defender and a another quality striker, minimum and assuming no one leaves. Then possibly a winger who can deliver quality balls into the box. 

We've got 2 quality strikers already, Iheanacho is a better second choice than a lot of Premier teams first choice, Who do you think we would get who is better and more importantly, we could afford and would come here?

• Like 1