Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

3 hours ago, Luttfox said:

Felipe Anderson could be available from West Ham, think we were previously interested in him? Can play wide and in the 10 role. Does seem to blow hot & cold but

If he was £20m-£30m i'd take him here but I'd imagine Westham would want most/all of the £40m they paid

I’d rather keep Gray. 

3 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Need another central defender and a another quality striker, minimum and assuming no one leaves. Then possibly a winger who can deliver quality balls into the box. 

A winger is the most important signing, along with a CB. A striker is a bonus, Vardy and Iheanacho should be fine for the season, as long as we're not going 2 up top every game.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

We've got 2 quality strikers already, Iheanacho is a better second choice than a lot of Premier teams first choice, Who do you think we would get who is better and more importantly, we could afford and would come here?

No idea. But Vardy isn’t getting younger, and when he’s injured or needs a rest we come up short. Nacho is too inconsistent imo. 

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So if we take what many have said of £20mill net spend, that gives us ~ £70/80mill to spend.  Lets say £25mill on Tagliafico. Leaving £45/£55mill on a winger and a CB.

Will still be a bit miffed if we don’t get more than 50m for Chilly, but when you put it like that its not so bad. 

45/55m budget for a winger/CB should give us plenty of options.

Also think we’ll try sign a striker too. Maybe a cheap signing like Ivan Toney for 6.5m would be a sensible move.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

With Chilwell off, looks like we’ll have about £70/80m to play with at least if we have the usual sort of net spend. 

Wonder how many players that will get us? 

I reckon 4 or 5 if we are careful.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Robin Koch available for 10 million pounds apparently, if he's willing to come that would be fantastic.

We got linked to him in January and I looked into it thinking that made some sense as a signing. Wouldn't demand to start immediately but definitely could one day. Reasonable price. I'd take him.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

With Chilwell off, looks like we’ll have about £70/80m to play with at least if we have the usual sort of net spend. 

Wonder how many players that will get us? 

4 quality players, hopefully. In order of priority, a left back, a right winger, a 3rd choice centreback, and either another midfielder like Doucouré or Eze, or another striker, like Edouard or Rodrigo.

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Robin Koch available for 10 million pounds apparently, if he's willing to come that would be fantastic.

I think we want a left footed centre half, not sure if Koch is? Either way for that price we may well be back in for him! Mad to think we could get Tagliafico or Telles + Koch + Thauvin for what we're selling Chilwell for.

• Like 4

Robin Koch:

Pros:

• Wand of a right foot, something BR would love.

• Ex teammates with Cags?

• Technical ability makes me think he could slot in nicely as a defensive midfielder if needed.

Cons:

I feel the club is after a centre back who has serious presence about them. Tarkowski, Vestegard & Demiral all are very physical players.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we want a left footed centre half, not sure if Koch is? Either way for that price we may well be back in for him! Mad to think we could get Tagliafico or Telles + Koch + Thauvin for what we're selling Chilwell for.

And you'd be mad to think we wouldn't be a stronger outfit if we pull these sort of signings off. I still can't get my around why people are worried about losing chilwell, when it gives the opportunity to make these sort of improvements across the weak points of the team/squad.

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Robin Koch:

Pros:

• Wand of a right foot, something BR would love.

• Ex teammates with Cags?

• Technical ability makes me think he could slot in nicely as a defensive midfielder if needed.

Cons:

I feel the club is after a centre back who has serious presence about them. Tarkowski, Vestegard & Demiral all are very physical players.

Off to Bielsa’s Leeds apparently, as they’ve moved on from Ben White. Those robin’ cocks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Anthony from ajax honestly looks good probably wouldnt sell him but looks like the left footed right winger we need. Looks like a quality ziyech replacement from them.

They've only just signed him as a replacement for Neres, as even if he doesn't get the big move he expected i'm not sure he will be first choice at Ajax anymore anyway due to his bad injury.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They've only just signed him as a replacement for Neres, as even if he doesn't get the big move he expected i'm not sure he will be first choice at Ajax anymore anyway due to his bad injury.

Well whoever he was replacing he was impressive, even if it was only a friendly. Can definitely see him becoming a big name in the next few years. Maybe if we get a run of top 4/6 finishes he could become an option to us but it's unlikely.

Maybe not this summer but if Ndidi ever leaves us (:() then we'd do well to go for Eduardo Camavinga.

17 year old midfielder and already played for France U21 team. Plays with ridiculous amounts of confidence and so comfortable on the ball. Good tackle in him and not afraid to put his body about. 

33 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maybe not this summer but if Ndidi ever leaves us (:() then we'd do well to go for Eduardo Camavinga.

17 year old midfielder and already played for France U21 team. Plays with ridiculous amounts of confidence and so comfortable on the ball. Good tackle in him and not afraid to put his body about. 

He'll be off to Madrid next year