Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

To be honest I don't rate Sarr very highly but I know Ric Flair loves him to bits! But I guess Chelsea have identified a way to make money from nothing... sign him up, loan him to Vitesse and then sell him on in a few years time. They've done it time and time again!

Mentioned it before, but this is one of my pet hates of modern football. Your big teams like Chelsea hoarding these players, loaning them with little intention of playing them and selling them on at big prices just due to the club name. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

Chelsea have gone a bit like me, when I got “Sugar Daddy” back on Football Manager back in the day. It’ll be interesting to see how the all inter grate together. 

10 minutes ago, copunk said:

No excuses for Lampard this coming season, if they arent at least in the conversation of title contenders come march/april time it will be a failure with all the money spent

Fingers crossed they absolutely balls it up this season. They represent so much of what I hate about football.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

What I'd like to see this season is us bringing in a few younger talents in preparation of populating the new Training ground. And maybe strengthening of our youth coach setup. (What's Esteban doing these days?) 

This is where I was hoping we'd have seen some early business, given the constraints we might be in in spending daft money on the first team. Seemingly opted against getting the striker from Wigan after we had talks is the only real proper link to U23 type players this summer.

In (order of priority):

Tagliafico - £30m (?)

Kabak - £30m (?)

Thauvin - £15m

Edouard - £30m

Out: 

Chilwell - £50m (up to £60m?)

Slimani - £7m

+Others

Very rough price estimates, but works out at just over £100m spent, roughly £40m net. Probably wouldn't get all four this window (what a summer that would be!) but we'd be much stronger as a result of those additions and that could really take us to the next level. 

Edited by Xen

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

In (order of priority):

Tagliafico - £30m (?)

Kabak - £30m (?)

Thauvin - £15m

Edouard - £30m

Out: 

Chilwell - £50m (up to £60m?)

Slimani - £7m

+Others

Very rough price estimates, but works out at just over £100m spent, roughly £40m net. Probably wouldn't get all four this window (what a summer that would be!) but we'd be much stronger as a result of those additions and that could really take us to the next level. 

I think that would be a great window. I'm pretty sure we'd have to sell Nacho if we got Edouard in, though.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is where I was hoping we'd have seen some early business, given the constraints we might be in in spending daft money on the first team. Seemingly opted against getting the striker from Wigan after we had talks is the only real proper link to U23 type players this summer.

I suppose there's a good 6 weeks to bring them in as team's try work out who's in who's out, and where they can optimise on key talent and bring in money to spend. If player's are i short supply, as team's hold onto them, then I'd at least like to see some movement on some new coaches. We're doing 'ok' at the minute, but if we're going to be reaching for gold standard facilities then we need have coaches to fulfil that promise. No time like the present.

35 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think that would be a great window. I'm pretty sure we'd have to sell Nacho if we got Edouard in, though.

Yeah, kinda why I put Edouard 4th on the list as I'm not sure how he'd fit in with Nacho. A third option for now to eventually take over from Vardy (and rotate, given we have potentially 50+ games in a condensed season) wouldn't go amiss though, especially as Nacho's role is slightly different at the minute. I think we could get by without him until January and then reassess the situation as needed.

47 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Chelsea signing Sarr is making me sick. He is exactly the kind of player we need to be going for.

Greediness, that's all it is plus stopping competitors signing him 😡 chelsea are really winding me up in this transfer window 🙄🤬