Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Interesting idea @Ric Flair  and it would certainly be an exciting signing, but he is another who is primarily left sided but can play right

Yeah he has played mostly on the left but his stats when played on the right wing are very impressive. I just think if we are prohibited in how much we can spend this window, we are going to have to take a chance on some players who have fallen out of favour or been a disappointment after a move to a big club. Not ideal but that's possibly where we're at?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

On the topic of Roma, I assume Caglar's mate Cenzig Under is out of reach?

edit: and assuming his injuries are behind him...

I did think about Under, they have also signed Carlos Perez from Barca but I think its Kluivert they are looking to move on but I'd take either!

54 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

On the topic of Roma, I assume Caglar's mate Cenzig Under is out of reach?

edit: and assuming his injuries are behind him...

Under is being used in a swap deal with Napoli for Milik

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Under is being used in a swap deal with Napoli for Milik

Hmmmm that means Adam Ounas and/or Lozano could be available. Both would be worth taking a chance on. Ounas is an Algerian left footed right winger, it's destiny. He's quick as well, unlike Ghezzal.

15 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

You have to wonder with some of our wide targets if they are waiting to see what Liverpool, United, Dortmund etc. do.

If Sancho goes to United, Dortmund will want a starting right winger. If he doesn't, United will look at alternatives. And Liverpool want cover for Salah if Shaqiri goes.

So perhaps there are players we like that are hanging on to see if they can get a bigger club, a bit like Youri did through last year.

Patience required still.

To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I wouldn't want any player who considered us his first choice. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmm that means Adam Ounas and/or Lozano could be available. Both would be worth taking a chance on. Ounas is an Algerian left footed right winger, it's destiny. He's quick as well, unlike Ghezzal.

Ounas is definitely available, they offered him in a deal for Jeremie Boga but now they are offering a different player as Sassuolo didn’t want him. He seemed to have some fitness issues at Nice last season but apparently when he got going he did look good, could definitely be one to look at

Lozano is likely to only be available for loan, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up at Everton with Carlo

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Well with just 3 weeks or so until the start of the season we await our first Summer signing. I'm beginning to think we won't be bringing anyone in, let alone the quality we'll need to maintain a top 6, and compete in the Europa.

Considering our form and results since Christmas, strengthening is vital if we're to avoid the mediocrity of mid table or worse. Come on Brendan, Rudders, pull you finger out.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I thought Ancelotti and Lozano fell out and that was why he didn’t feature much? 

Nah they were on pretty good terms, he was just pretty underwhelming when he did play but then Gattuso wasn’t a big fan of him and dropped him from first team training because he felt like Lozano wasn’t putting in enough effort

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

Well with just 3 weeks or so until the start of the season we await our first Summer signing. I'm beginning to think we won't be bringing anyone in, let alone the quality we'll need to maintain a top 6, and compete in the Europa.

Considering our form and results since Christmas, strengthening is vital if we're to avoid the mediocrity of mid table or worse. Come on Brendan, Rudders, pull you finger out.

I don't think it's time to panic yet, like you say still 3 weeks until the start of the season so hopefully they are working on things in the background. My only concern would be given the window is open 1 month into the season this time that if a poor start happened then there may be more inclination to panic buy and/or pay over the odds.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Quality and quantity Demirel, Tafalico,Diallo,Trinqao,Brooks,Edouard

Would cost a fair bit, probably £130m, but this would be my ideal transfer window too. Would need to sell Chilwell and probably Gray and off load some of the deadwood to finance this.

27 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I don't think it's time to panic yet, like you say still 3 weeks until the start of the season so hopefully they are working on things in the background. My only concern would be given the window is open 1 month into the season this time that if a poor start happened then there may be more inclination to panic buy and/or pay over the odds.

How about now?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Adam Ounas and Jovic on loan, Malang Sarr on a free. Job done, minimal initial outlay and shuts up all the negative fannies on here that we are staring in to the abyss and about to go bust if we dare spend any money.

..is that not even more reason to have a pinned FAQ Topic or Forum!!!

A lot of the same questions keep coming up and answered in full by several posters. Yet you will find that same question raising its head only to start another debate perhaps on a topics that has gone off track, leading to another 20 pages debating a subject that had previously been exhausted.

• Like 2

Having thought about it. I would take Ainsley Maitland-Niles from Arsenal if he fancies it. Yes he’s a bit “Jack of all trades” at the moment but that’s exactly what we need in our squad. He can play numerous positions and he’s of a quality level that will improve the squad no doubt. The talk is he’s available for £20 million. I’d say that’s good value for a player who counts as home grown for the squad with his ability both athletically and technically. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Having thought about it. I would take Ainsley Maitland-Niles from Arsenal if he fancies it. Yes he’s a bit “Jack of all trades” at the moment but that’s exactly what we need in our squad. He can play numerous positions and he’s of a quality level that will improve the squad no doubt. The talk is he’s available for £20 million. I’d say that’s good value for a player who counts as home grown for the squad with his ability both athletically and technically. 

It's also an epic gamble if he's shite

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

It's also an epic gamble if he's shite

I don’t think he’s shite and neither does Arteta if the rumours are correct. The talk is Arteta doesn’t want to sell Maitland-Niles but is being pressured by those above to move him on so they can get transfer funds for new players. 

5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I don’t think he’s shite and neither does Arteta if the rumours are correct. The talk is Arteta doesn’t want to sell Maitland-Niles but is being pressured by those above to move him on so they can get transfer funds for new players. 

Where does he realistically fit in to our team though? Don’t see him as a starter, especially when Ricardo is back.