Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Post lockdown we haven’t done great. The only positives I can take is that we’ve got europa league (which is better than nothing) and with all the injuries we can actually see where we really need to improve. This is what I think: Another centre back, most likely demiral, benkovic will also be coming back from loan More wingers, we have been playing Perez at right wing for most of the season and I never really understood why, I think Ismailia sarr from relegated Watford would be a good signing Another playmaker. As soon as Maddison was out we looked like we had no playmaking capability. I think that eberechi eze would be good from qpr (can also play at left mid) Finally another left back. Chilwell will most likely be leaving and Fuchs won’t be around for too much longer, definitely an area to improve(not sure who we could get here though) I’m very disappointed we didn’t get champions league today but let’s hope we do better next season! After all remember the Watford game.

Personally if we do not sign 2 x high performing week in week out consistent winger/wide forward players then i think we can expect more of the second half of the season form in the coming season.

We simply cannot go into the new season constantly rotating Barnes/Albrighton/Gray as our options.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
24 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Personally if we do not sign 2 x high performing week in week out consistent winger/wide forward players then i think we can expect more of the second half of the season form in the coming season.

We simply cannot go into the new season constantly rotating Barnes/Albrighton/Gray as our options.

So Benrahma and he is another Ben . I just think the club wants cheaper and that is almost certainly a bad mistake.

Edited by An Sionnach

35 minutes ago, les-tah said:

They aren't the reason for our huge slump, although it is definitely an area we are weak lets not claim this is why we failed to finish in the top 4. We were one of the best teams in the league for half a season with Barnes and Perez finding their feet in our team, in fact Barnes started adding more goals to his game as the rest of the team nosedived. Several more goals between them would have helped but our issues in the 2nd half of the season were collective and its dangerous to think that is the answer to all our problems.

• Like 2

I’m chilled out about it, I’m sure things are happening behind the scenes. It does feel like we’ve struggled the past couple of windows to bring players in, I think we’re in limbo where the players we’re after still think they’re too good for us and we’re not going for players who the club feels won’t take us to next level... this is a really important season for us to try and push on!

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

I think if we can add a creative winger on the right barnes is good enough to start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I think if we can add a creative winger on the right barnes is good enough to start.

Agree with this, Barnes proved last season he's worth persevering with, the only way he'll continue to develop is to by keep playing him. He's already making a great contribution imo.

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

What do you get for your money? Eden Hazard , 100 million euros - 1 goal. Lightweight players like he and Coutinho have to stand up to some heavy duty tackling in Spain. There is much less protection than our whistle happy refs give. Whoever we do get we need more muscle in our team. We will definitely need it in the Europa cup.

Edited by An Sionnach

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

What do you get for your money? Eden Hazard , 100 million euros - 1 goal. Lightweight players like he and Coutinho have to stand up to some heavy duty tackling in Spain. There is much less protection than our whistle happy refs give. Whoever we do get we need more muscle in our team. We will definitely need it in the Europa cup.

?? Refs in spain are notorious for rewarding divers.

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

They aren't the reason for our huge slump, although it is definitely an area we are weak lets not claim this is why we failed to finish in the top 4. We were one of the best teams in the league for half a season with Barnes and Perez finding their feet in our team, in fact Barnes started adding more goals to his game as the rest of the team nosedived. Several more goals between them would have helped but our issues in the 2nd half of the season were collective and its dangerous to think that is the answer to all our problems.

There were a lot of contributing factors but the main problem was choking imo.  Mental fortitude, or lack thereof.  I'm not sure how else you can explain that capitulation.  We became over-cautious, starting with the manager.

This team has a soft underbelly which is understandable I suppose with so much youth.  I like the model we seemed to be pursuing of buying young prospects with high ceilings but I think in this window we need to add some steel, some experience and leadership.

What's Estaban up to these days?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Azmoun from zenit may be an outside choice if we are looking for another striker option. Scored a load, albeit in Russia, previously linked to us and 2 years left on his deal so wouldnt be too expensive. 

We were linked with him a few years ago when he was at I think Ruban Kazan but we got Dembele instead.

15 minutes ago, murphy said:

There were a lot of contributing factors but the main problem was choking imo.  Mental fortitude, or lack thereof.  I'm not sure how else you can explain that capitulation.  We became over-cautious, starting with the manager.

This team has a soft underbelly which is understandable I suppose with so much youth.  I like the model we seemed to be pursuing of buying young prospects with high ceilings but I think in this window we need to add some steel, some experience and leadership.

Agree 100% regarding us having a soft underbelly, we need a couple of mentally strong leaders to add to this team. Don't necessarily need to be veterans but just got the right desire and resilience to perform under pressure and to be physically capable of aggressive matches. Mandzukic would be ideal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I disagree that youth let us down to be honest, apart from the liverpool and bournemouth games i cant really think of any mental collapses. I just think the reality is that we were never that good this season and it caught up to us at the end when results stopped going our way. I dont think an expierenced 26+ year old who isnt good enough to be at a big team  is going to unlock us, we need a quality creative right wing who can create and linkup up with barnes and vardy and that is most likely going to come from a promising youngster, i just dont think perez has any chemistry with those 2, there's no interplay between them and someone who can provide that connection will go a long way to making us more effective.

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I disagree that youth let us down to be honest, apart from the liverpool and bournemouth games i cant really think of any mental collapses. I just think the reality is that we were never that good this season and it caught up to us at the end when results stopped going our way. I dont think an expierenced 26+ year old who isnt good enough to be at a big team  is going to unlock us, we need a quality creative right wing who can create and linkup up with barnes and vardy and that is most likely going to come from a promising youngster, i just dont think perez has any chemistry with those 2, there's no interplay between them and someone who can provide that connection will go a long way to making us more effective.

I think that the whole post-lockdown quarter was a mental collapse.  Bournemouth and Watford being obvious examples but there was a change in approach.  A retreat into their shells and an overly cautious approach that replaced the early season swagger and i was surprised to see that most obviously in the manager's words and acitions. 

After being in the top four since September, we added 9 points in 9 games and failed to even trouble teams.  Relegation form.  It was a collapse.  We choked and that is down to the youth and lack of experience or character in a lot of our players in my opinion and it's something that I am still quite angry about tbh because it was avoidable and totally self-inflicted.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

I think that the whole post-lockdown quarter was a mental collapse.  Bournemouth and Watford being obvious examples but there was a change in approach.  A retreat into their shells and an overly cautious approach that replaced the early season swagger and i was surprised to see that most obviously in the manager's words and acitions. 

After being in the top four since September, we added 9 points in 9 games and failed to even trouble teams.  Relegation form.  It was a collapse.  We choked and that is down to the youth and lack of experience or character in a lot of our players in my opinion and it's something that I am still quite angry about tbh because it was avoidable and totally self-inflicted.

Lack of experience? We had Schmeichel, Fuchs, Evans, Vardy and Albrighton that have all won the PL, plus plenty of other experience in the team. I was actually a little bemused by their lack of leadership.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Honestly for me the watford game was because we were not good enough, as with most post lockdown games, albrighton and barnes could hardly control a ball that game, that's not mentality that's just lack of ability. Again if you stick a quality rw on instead of albrighton in that instance i think we win that game by a decent amount and that last minute goal doesnt even factor in. There were so many games at the start of the season where we fought for points we didnt deserve, if anything i think this squad is mentally stronger than most to overacheive like they did at the start of the season.