Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

8 hours ago, majaco said:

The new season is closing in.  If we are to integrate a new signing, it needs to be soon.  If Evans was available, we would be okay.He 

What are your thoughts on Knight , Ric Flair?  

Knight always stood out as way better than U23 football 2-3 years ago and he's had 2 good loan spells, but injuries seemed to effect him a little.

He's also always been used as a central midfielder on both of his loan spells so I'm unsure on whether a) he'll ever make it with us but b) thst he'll ever be a centre half again.  

• Like 1

Anyone else think it could be a realistic move to go for Neres? Left footed, can play on either wing but is more comfortable on the right (has features more on the left due to Ziyech) Ajax have a ton of wingers (Antony, Promes, Babel to name a few) and Neres might want a new challenge after recovering from his injury this season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Let's face it. The club is skint. If we get anyone in, they'll probably be relatively cheap lower league prospects that we hope can develop, much like JJ last season. Time for BR to earn his corn as a coach. It's still a decent squad at its best, even minus Chilwell.

...I am not sure why you believe that the club is financially compromised!!!

Reasonable and viable post from numerous FT members has effectively debunked that theory and yet you choose not to take it on board or you have some inside information which you have chosen not to share with us.

50 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Anyone else think it could be a realistic move to go for Neres? Left footed, can play on either wing but is more comfortable on the right (has features more on the left due to Ziyech) Ajax have a ton of wingers (Antony, Promes, Babel to name a few) and Neres might want a new challenge after recovering from his injury this season.

Is he back fit now?

10 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Is it just me who thinks that would be an excellent window? Dont understand all this fervour for a new midfielder and new striker, we're not chelsea we cant buy a whole new team. Brooks/other left footed rw and tagliafico goes a long way to fixing our weaknesses. Also i personally have faith in benkovic that he will step up, he's the croatian ben white.

I think that would be decent enough. Think we need to keep Mendy so as not to have to dip in the market for another CM.

I would like 2 wingers though. Gray and Albrighton shouldn't be seeing much, if any game time in the Premier League any more. If Thauvin as available at the cut price £10-15m as i'd seen reported, that'd be worth a gamble i reckon.

16 minutes ago, martyn said:

I think that would be decent enough. Think we need to keep Mendy so as not to have to dip in the market for another CM.

I would like 2 wingers though. Gray and Albrighton shouldn't be seeing much, if any game time in the Premier League any more. If Thauvin as available at the cut price £10-15m as i'd seen reported, that'd be worth a gamble i reckon.

I was impressed with gray post lockdown, seemed like he had hit rock bottom with those brentford and birmingham performances but he put a lot of work in over the break, more than any of our other players seemed to do. If he can carry on with this work ethic then i still have hope he can turn into a valuable player for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, martyn said:

We've taken gambles on Diabate, Gheazal and Kaputska none have been better than Gray. Is Thauvin any better? he's already flopped at Newcastle. I think Gray is massively underrated.  We've been spoiled by having one of the best in the world. I don't see anyone better than Gray in the premier league outside the big six teams apart from Barnes. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

We've taken gambles on Diabate, Gheazal and Kaputska none have been better than Gray. Is Thauvin any better? he's already flopped at Newcastle. I think Gray is massively underrated.  We've been spoiled by having one of the best in the world. I don't see anyone better than Gray in the premier league outside the big six teams apart from Barnes. 

Yes, a firing Thauvin is much better than Gray. 

Gnabry flopped at West Brom. Players can mature and improve.

8 minutes ago, Smiffy Fox said:

New contracts for Maddison, Soyuncu and Ricardo will be better than any new signing we make. 

yes and No because it still doesn't add to the already current lack of creative options with have out wide/forward wide positions… A continuous rotation of Barnes/Albrightopn/Gray is not ideal.

Edited by les-tah

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Yes, a firing Thauvin is much better than Gray. 

Gnabry flopped at West Brom. Players can mature and improve.

I hope so, think he only played once for West Brom and not much more for Arsenal, think it was more a case of them underestimating him rather than he being a flop. I'm not sure that spending 10 to 20 million will get us the winger we want and 50 to 60 million ones don't want to come here.

27 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Zaha? Traore? Richarlison? I can sort of understand where you're coming from, but Gray is our 3rd choice winger for a reason.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I am not sure why you believe that the club is financially compromised!!!

Reasonable and viable post from numerous FT members has effectively debunked that theory and yet you choose not to take it on board or you have some inside information which you have chosen not to share with us.

Yeah sorry. I've no proof. Just a moment of unfounded speculation on my behalf. Letting the lack of transfer activity get to me.

10 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Zaha? Traore? Richarlison? I can sort of understand where you're coming from, but Gray is our 3rd choice winger for a reason.

That's a really good point you raise. They only players you can think of that are better than Gray have been or are valued at over £60m plus.

4 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

That's a really good point you raise. They only players you can think of that are better than Gray have been or are valued at over £60m plus.

Would you pay 60m plus for any of the 3? For that money I'd want a significant upgrade. Zaha's goals and assists last season were much worse than Grays per minute. Gray gets way too much criticism.

55 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Adama Traore. 

Dwight McNeil. 

Richarlison. 

Allan Saint-Maximin. 

Wilfred Zaha. 

Felipe Anderson. 

Jack Grealish. 

Just off the top of my head. That's if you class Arsenal as part of the big 6 too, who have Saka and Pepe who are miles ahead of any of our "wingers" 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Are Gray's numbers in the premier league horrific though? If they are as bad as I seem to remember then there'll be a ton of wingers over the last few years that are better than him.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Are Gray's numbers in the premier league horrific though? If they are as bad as I seem to remember then there'll be a ton of wingers over the last few years that are better than him.

Goal/assist every 270 minutes so pretty poor, although as mentioned in his 600 minutes of playing this season he's gotten 2 goals 3 assists which is good. Definitely not one of the best wingers outside the top 6 but he is overly hated by our fan base. Seems like an argument of 2 extremes.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, boosmanana said:

Adama Traore. 

Dwight McNeil. 

Richarlison. 

Allan Saint-Maximin. 

Wilfred Zaha. 

Felipe Anderson. 

Jack Grealish. 

Just off the top of my head. That's if you class Arsenal as part of the big 6 too, who have Saka and Pepe who are miles ahead of any of our "wingers" 

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Grays goals/assists per minute for last season were better than all the wingers on the above list.

As of today, the management of Málaga Club de Fútbol, S.A.D has communicated to the professional footballers staff its intention to initiate a collective dismissal procedure.

The Club has been forced to make tough decisions in recent months. On this occasion, the restructuring will directly affect the squad of the men's first team. This new restructuring joins the economic plan that seeks to get the Blue and White club out of the complicated financial situation in which it continues to be immersed despite recent efforts. Málaga Club de Fútbol is obliged to take this step for the good of the Entity and hopes that Malaguista subscribers and fans understand and support this new effort whose sole objective is to create an acceptable and competitive structure with which to give back to Málaga Club de Fútbol the lost illusion.

In 2013 Malaga made it to the quarter finals of the Champions League. Today they are announcing they are laying off their entire playing staff to clear their debt and settle their losses. It should be noted that one reason for this collapse was spending beyond their means during their Champions League era.

We are all desperate for transfers, but just wanted to show an example where a club has been ruined by financial mismanagement. During their heyday their squad was coached by Pellegrini and had players like Isco, Joaquin, Lugano, Demichelis, Caballero, Toulalan and Saviola!

• Like 4