Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Go on, for a laugh, bite their hands off  

1 year deal and i'd bite your arm off.

Edit; ah gutted. Just realised you made the same joke.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Last season Gray goal/assist every 121 minutes, Fraser goal/assist every 412 minutes.

He tailed off a lot last season. I still think he's a great squad option for LW. Gray is another good squad option, never gonna be a starter here though, only seems to do well when he comes on against a tiring defence.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Didn't Fraser admit to mailing it in last season? Either way, it doesn't reflect well on him.

I don't think he wanted to play after the lockdown, he was out of contract. Not saying I agree with it but if he got injured for 9 months who's gonna pay his wage?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

Grays goals/assists per minute for last season were better than all the wingers on the above list.

Thanks for clarifying. I guess in this case though it's a case of comparing apples and oranges in that regard though as most of those wingers play every week, Gray doesn't and although I've not seen much of him going by what I read on here I think he'd struggle to maintain such a ratio starting games every week.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Demarai Gray goal/assist every 121 minutes

Adama Traore. goal/assist every 200 minutes

Dwight McNeil. goal/assist every 308 minutes

Richarlison. goal/assist every 192 minutes

Allan Saint-Maximin. goal/assist every 234 minutes

Wilfred Zaha. goal/assist every 364 minutes

Felipe Anderson. goal/assist every 300 minutes

Jack Grealish. goal/assist every 231 minutes

They are the figures for last seasons premier League, worth bearing in mind for those who want to get rid of Demarai Gray, and interestingly for anyone who is crying out for  class winger.

Ayoze Perez goal/assist every 144 minutes

Harvey Barnes goal/assist every 149 minutes

Worth bearing in mind with the criticism our wingers get.

Just goes to remind us that there are lies, damned lies and statistics!

I for one am bemused by these figures. I wonder if the fact that most of his minutes come at the end of games might be part of the explanation?

Gray hasn’t improved one iota in four years here and I’d like to see him leave for his sake as much as ours. But I don’t really see us signing two wide men this window, and in that case wouldn’t have a problem with Gray staying as 4th choice winger/impact sub.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

It isn't but it puts into context all those who want Gray out and Fraser in. Call me a traditionalist but I like wingers who score and create.

I never mentioned wanting Fraser in. I think that’s clear. He admitted to downing tools all season just gone. Let him go to palace and spam ... that’s where finished footballers are out to pasture. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Thanks for clarifying. I guess in this case though it's a case of comparing apples and oranges in that regard though as most of those wingers play every week, Gray doesn't and although I've not seen much of him going by what I read on here I think he'd struggle to maintain such a ratio starting games every week.

I agree, but the criticism he gets is ridiculous. I'm in the minority I know but I think he improved last season and I don't think some of the alternatives mentioned are much better.

11 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I for one am bemused by these figures. I wonder if the fact that most of his minutes come at the end of games might be part of the explanation?

Gray hasn’t improved one iota in four years here and I’d like to see him leave for his sake as much as ours. But I don’t really see us signing two wide men this window, and in that case wouldn’t have a problem with Gray staying as 4th choice winger/impact sub.

That's probably got something to do with it but it could also be we over estimate how good/consistent other Premier League wingers are from highlights, look at how good Barnes and Perez's stats are.

4 hours ago, boosmanana said:

Adama Traore. 

Dwight McNeil. 

Richarlison. 

Allan Saint-Maximin. 

Wilfred Zaha. 

Felipe Anderson. 

Jack Grealish. 

Just off the top of my head. That's if you class Arsenal as part of the big 6 too, who have Saka and Pepe who are miles ahead of any of our "wingers" 

Saint-Maximin is one of my top three targets I would like for us to get as a winger this year.

1) Trincao

2) Brooks

3) Saint-Maximin.

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12478787/west-ham-bournemouth-callum-wilson-ryan-fraser/

WHU and Palace both offering Fraser 50k a week. We should be all over that if true.

100% would be all over this, finally get rid of Gray and replace him with Fraser. Wages will most likely be similar and you can get a nice little fee for Gray.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

100% would be this. Even as back up’s you need players who can make a difference when they start. Every time I’ve seen Demarai start a game he’s been poor. Not a fan.

• Like 1