Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

32 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

We need to be spend £150m this year on 5 £30m players! With a net spend of £80m from player sales 

I actually think this is a reasonable assumption if we want to sustain out current status as a top 6 club.

Edouard £30 mil

Tagliafico £25 mil

Brookes £30 mil

quality centre half £30 mil

Diallo £20 mil

That's £135mil. You could add Tauvan to that list and surpass £150 mil.

However, you could raise £100m from the sale of Slimani, Chilwell, Gray or Albrighton, Armartey, Silva, Ghazzel, Diabate, Knight as well as Mendy off the payroll.

Edited by MGLCFC

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

I actually think this is a reasonable assumption if we want to sustain out current status as a top 6 club.

Edouard £30 mil

Tagliafico £25 mil

Brookes £30 mil

Diallo £20 mil

However, you could raise £100m from the sale of Slimai, Chilwell, Gray or Albrighton, Armartey, Silva, Ghazzel, Diabate, Knight as well as Mendy off the payroll.

I hate to disappoint you but I can’t see that happening.

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

Edouard £30 mil

Tagliafico £25 mil

Brookes £30 mil

Diallo £20 mil

However, you could raise £100m from the sale of Slimai, Chilwell, Gray or Albrighton, Armartey, Silva, Ghazzel, Diabate, Knight as well as Mendy off the payroll.

That's all well and good saying that but actually shifting all of those players with the wages they are on is easier said than done. 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I hate to disappoint you but I can’t see that happening.

I never suggested it would. I am agreeing with the poster that if we want to sustain our position as a top 6 club, this is the sort of in vestment required.

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's all well and good saying that but actually shifting all of those players with the wages they are on is easier said than done. 

That's what Rudkin on his enormous salary is paid to do. It's not just the ability to get players in, but also to ensure you can shift players out.

Edited by MGLCFC

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

But why the need to spend £30m specifically on players? The price doesn’t dictate the quality.

Around that price gets you decent quality and more depth to the quality we do have. But to push on we need depth and that doesn’t mean there subs! That can mean there in the starting 11 and the quality already there can become an option from the bench and vice versa. We’ll have enough games to keep everyone happy 

26 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Around that price gets you decent quality and more depth to the quality we do have. But to push on we need depth and that doesn’t mean there subs! That can mean there in the starting 11 and the quality already there can become an option from the bench and vice versa. We’ll have enough games to keep everyone happy 

Yeah defo worked with Slimani and Iheanacho. Either way it’s irrelevant, we won’t spent that amount in this window.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This week?

The new season is closing in.  If we are to integrate a new signing, it needs to be soon.  If Evans was available, we would be okay.He 

What are your thoughts on Knight , Ric Flair?  

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Is Fuchs fit?  Is Maddison fit?

Schmeichel

Justin, Benkovic, Soyuncu, Fuchs/Thomas

N'didi

Tielemans, Praet/ Choudhury

Perez, Vardy, Barnes

Not terrible.  But would benefit from a couple of extras.

Maddison should be fit according to what Rodgers said at the end of the season, Fuchs is out until October.

I think the priority will be to get a CB and LB done in the next 3 weeks and they will start ahead of Benkovic and Thomas at West Brom. They then have a further 3 weeks to get the winger in.

I think they'd have liked a striker but probably scaled back on that one given Iheanacho probably won't go. Possibly they will move late for Maddison cover at no.10 or a DM if Mendy doesn't sign - any of those three areas could easily be a loan.

All of this does go slightly out of the window if we go 3 at the back against Birmingham on Wednesday, of course.

• Like 3

Some of these expectations, LOL.

If we could sign Tags and Brooks for roughly whatever we get for Chilwell, then add a workable 3rd CB as insurance for Benkovic, that would be a pretty solid window. And much more realistic.  Not thrilling, but effective.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Is it just me who thinks that would be an excellent window? Dont understand all this fervour for a new midfielder and new striker, we're not chelsea we cant buy a whole new team. Brooks/other left footed rw and tagliafico goes a long way to fixing our weaknesses. Also i personally have faith in benkovic that he will step up, he's the croatian ben white.

I agree with this mostly, leaves you with an ideal XI of:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Söyüncü Tagliafico

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison

Brooks Vardy Barnes

Then a second string of:

Ward

Justin CB Morgan/Benkovic Fuchs

Mendy/KDH

Praet ?

Perez Iheanacho Albrighton

Plus Jakupovic, Hamza and Gray as super sub. There's enough CBs and wing-back capable players in there to switch comfortably to a 3atb too.

I think it leaves us a bit light at no.8, without Maddison we were forced to change from a 4-3-3 into a two up top with one in behind or a flat 3-5-2 and that was less than ideal.

CB £20m

LB £30m

RW £30m

AM Loan with option/obligation or a free

Puts us at £80m gross, with sales probably £10-20m net.

A striker can probably wait another year or maybe that's one for January.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

At some point you are going to need another striker for sure.  I like Kelechi and he's improved a lot, but he seems like more of a 2nd striker/change of pace guy than the anchor of your attack who's going to get you 20 goals.  Since it looks as if Vardy has one more season before he gracefully slips into a supersub role, if resources are really tight you have to prioritize a starting-caliber winger and the right Chilwell replacement over the heir apparent.  The downside is that this is a window where there are a number of young strikers who may be good fits (like Edouard and Watkins) and that might be the case when the need is urgent.  

Edited by Deeg67