Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

But this is what everyone forgets....wages are more critical than net spend. A lot of their players are on decent money, they've now brought in 7 players which could equate to an extra 7m on their wage bill for the year, theyre going to need to balance it.

Yeah fair enough. Norwich fan I know says they have spent nothing (transfer wise) the last three times they've gone up and then put a bit of cash in to get back up again. Wages or not, pocketing the majority of 3 seasons TV Money mustn't be too shabby on the balance sheet. EFL regulations a factor of course, and I think inevitably the better players will leave anyway, just don't think it'll be for financial reasons and means they won't have to sell for bargain prices. 

20 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

But this is what everyone forgets....wages are more critical than net spend. A lot of their players are on decent money, they've now brought in 7 players which could equate to an extra 7m on their wage bill for the year, theyre going to need to balance it.

I'd imagine a club like Norwich will have relegation clauses in all contracts however and added to that the parachute payments will help. Norwich will be in better financial health than most clubs relatively speaking, they very much live within their means.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd imagine a club like Norwich will have relegation clauses in all contracts however and added to that the parachute payments will help. Norwich will be in better financial health than most clubs relatively speaking, they very much live within their means.

Yep but they're not going to take on the wages of 7 additional players though without some outgoings!

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yep but they're not going to take on the wages of 7 additional players though without some outgoings!

Yes but your missing my point, they're existing players will have relegation clauses on their contracts that will reduce the overall wage bill and likely offset some or all of the additional expenditure on wages. It's not as black and white as 7 new players and a bigger wage bill in this scenario.

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yes but your missing my point, they're existing players will have relegation clauses on their contracts that will reduce the overall wage bill and likely offset some or all of the additional expenditure on wages. It's not as black and white as 7 new players and a bigger wage bill in this scenario.

Which I get as its common practice but you really think theyve signed 7 players to add to their 25 man squad from last year?

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Which I get as its common practice but you really think theyve signed 7 players to add to their 25 man squad from last year?

They'll have released players and there'll be a few they know who'll definitely leave and most likely for good money which reinforces my point, the additional expense of the 7 players in terms of the wage bill will not be something that'll be of any concern, they won't be under massive pressure to sell unlike a club like Burnley or something like that had they went down.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

They'll have released players and there'll be a few they know who'll definitely leave and most likely for good money which reinforces my point, the additional expense of the 7 players in terms of the wage bill will not be something that'll be of any concern.

I wasn't claiming theyre on the verge of financial ruin - my point was that they'll let some go given they've taken on extra expense.

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That's where I disagree tbh, I don't think a club like Norwich will be under any real pressure to sell.

They're probably under no financial need to sell, but having picked up 7 players on decent wages, you'd assume one or two may be moved on. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...obligatory Youtube video...not impressive so far as I can see!!!

Looked very ordinary and workman like...there is much better out there.

You serious? The lad got 12 bookings last season from right wing, incredible stat!!! Complete lunatic.

• Haha 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

They're probably under no financial need to sell, but having picked up 7 players on decent wages, you'd assume one or two may be moved on. 

Yeah of course, my point is they'll be in a decent position to be able to sit tight and get what they want for any of their assets, there'll be no need to sell to balance the books or whatever. It's obvious guys like Lewis, Godfrey, Buendia will likely move on.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah of course, my point is they'll be in a decent position to be able to sit tight and get what they want for any of their assets, there'll be no need to sell to balance the books or whatever. It's obvious guys like Lewis, Godfrey, Buendia will likely move on.

Almost a similar situation to how we are with Chilwell, no need to sell, so unless they receive a nice offer they'll ignore it

• Like 2

Probably been mentioned a thousand times but with all this Covid business on top of stadium and training ground ambitions will we actually have much to spend on players? Our squad certainly seems like it needs a fair few quality additions without selling key players but can we afford it?

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Correction: They've now signed 9 players....

For what it's worth their fans are expecting at least 4 or 5 will go.

...Buendia looks good, very dynamic and needs to play with a better quality of players!!!

Great ball control in tight areas and the big thing is he does not look to shoot after beating 4 or 5 players for a wonder goal, he sees a pass to a team mate that is open and he plays them in. Just watching his team mates, they appear to try to adjust to him but they are not on his wave length so his skills do not bear the fruit that it should.

He is more dynamic that Maddison, stronger on the ball under contact and more importantly does not look to go down even if he stumbles from contact.We unfortunately have too many players in this position and until we resolve our Right Winger problem we are not able to fulfill our potential.

• Like 1

Updated unrealistic wishlist:

Out: £105 million

Chilwell £80 million

Gray £13 million

Ghezzal £ 7 million

Slimani £5 million

In: £115 million

Tagliafico £35 million

White £35 million

Neres £25 million

Eze £20 million

Barnes/Albrighton Vardy/Iheanacho Neres/Perez

Maddison/Eze Ndidi/Choudhury Tielemans/Praet

Tagliafico/Fuchs Soyuncu/White Evans/Benkovic Ricardo/Justin

Schmeichel/Ward

Very strong 22 man squad for me. We can name Dewsbury-Hall and one other random academy player to fulfill the 4 academy players quota.

• Like 1