Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Well this is a slap in the face for the OzLeicester is a sociopath narrative! :)

wait... what?? :jawdrop:

Edited by ozleicester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-52843846

In a sex fantasy gone wrong, two men with machetes entered the wrong house in New South Wales, Australia, before quickly realising their error.

One of them has now been acquitted of entering a home armed with a weapon in July 2019, Australian media report.

They had been hired to carry out a client's fantasy of being tied up in his underwear and stroked with a broom.

The judge concluded that "the facts of the case are unusual".

:blink:

• Haha 1

FYI Regarding Corrupt News Corp.

One Month ago the Oz government gave $50 million to country publishers (not just news Corp) to help keep jobs etc.

Scumbag Murdoch has pocketed the cash and shut up shop. the man is a criminal

21 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Anyone hailing the closure of local newspapers, no matter who owns them, is an idiot.

In many places they are the only entities which hold local authorities to account, speak up on behalf of their area and keep people informed of what's going on in their community.

Don't worry we're still delivering Focus! 

On 28/05/2020 at 10:43, Jon the Hat said:

Well this is a slap in the face for the OzLeicester is a sociopath narrative! :)

10 hours ago, Innovindil said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-52843846

In a sex fantasy gone wrong, two men with machetes entered the wrong house in New South Wales, Australia, before quickly realising their error.

One of them has now been acquitted of entering a home armed with a weapon in July 2019, Australian media report.

They had been hired to carry out a client's fantasy of being tied up in his underwear and stroked with a broom.

The judge concluded that "the facts of the case are unusual".

:blink:

Are these 2 stories somehow connected?

I thought @ozleicester lived in Perth, not NSW?

Not really a good look for the police. Arrest the black reporter live on air; then come back and arrest his collegues. Then tell CNN he's been arrested for not moving. When he's live to the nation asking where they want them move to and he's happy to stay out of their way and go where they want.

It's dangerous when the police start arresting journalists for no valid reason because they don't want people to see what they're really doing. I imagine their communications department was watching this thinking: please no. 

• Like 2

Bit dangerous for the White House to tweet this. Trump doing it is one thing. Might be nuanced but Trump's twitter represents himself; that represents the nation. Shooting should only really be to protect life. I know he likes to be divisive; but they're playing with fire here.

There are already videos showing unrest is spreading to other cities.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So I saw earlier. Poor old bugger is gonna burst a vessel when he wakes up and see 's that

TBH I hope this fight goes on for a while, because the more he pushes for authoritarian measures like stymieing social media in this way, the more he might alienate some parts of his voter base.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Bit dangerous for the White House to tweet this. Trump doing it is one thing. Might be nuanced but Trump's twitter represents himself; that represents the nation. Shooting should only really be to protect life. I know he likes to be divisive; but they're playing with fire here.

There are already videos showing unrest is spreading to other cities.

It is dangerous, but in a perverse way it's good that the administration can no longer really use "it's just his personal opinion, nothing to do with policy" as a figleaf.

Masks off, I believe they call it.

• Like 3

Hadley Freeman's Woody Allen interview in the Guardian is, shall we say, generating some interest.

It's been suggested that she's been selective with some of her research, but reading it made me realise that it's one of those things where you think you know what's gone on, but the truth is nigh on impossible to get to the bottom of

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Yep, Minnesota state police not looking overly good here. Giving no reason for the arrests at all at first, which is a violation of the Sixth Amendment if I'm not mistaken, even though they clearly state they are with the media, and are willing to comply with police orders. 

Maybe Governor Tim Walz (D) would like to answer a few questions...

He didn't take long.  This idiot doesn't know that being honest and humble is a sign of weakness. What a loser.  What he should have done is deflect blame and threatened to shoot his constituents.