Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-53064929

A black trainee vicar was rejected for a job by church bosses who said his potential parishioners were "monochrome white working class".

In an email sent in response to his application, Augustine Tanner-Ihm was told he "might feel uncomfortable" in the curacy role at the parish.

The email said despite his "obvious gifts", it was "not worth pursuing a conversation" about the vacancy in southern England.

What the actual ****. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

A black trainee vicar was rejected for a job by church bosses who said his potential parishioners were "monochrome white working class".

In an email sent in response to his application, Augustine Tanner-Ihm was told he "might feel uncomfortable" in the curacy role at the parish.

The email said despite his "obvious gifts", it was "not worth pursuing a conversation" about the vacancy in southern England.

What the actual ****. 

Can believe there is issues in the church relating to racism unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Matt Hancock thanks 'Daniel' Rashford for his hard work 😂

Hancock stands out as particularly f**king useless among a cabinet of total half-wits. A total embarrassment.

Edited by RoboFox

49 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

What the actual ****. 

Sort of story you’d expect to hear out of some Evangelical church in America. If they genuinely believe this could be an issue with their congregation they should be questioning quite how Christian they really are.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Sort of story you’d expect to hear out of some Evangelical church in America. If they genuinely believe this could be an issue with their congregation they should be questioning quite how Christian they really are.

I'm not so sure about that. Evangelical churches stateside sometimes turn out stuff like this from their pastors...

FB_IMG_1592394983226.jpg

20 hours ago, Milo said:

Kellogg's cereal boxes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-53060894

Racist breakfast cereal.

She seems to be making an entirely rational, well thought out and convincing argument. 

I'm off to clear out my kitchen cupboards which are clearly a haven of bigotry and prejudice.

Remember, Labour actually selected her to stand for election AND THEN SHE GOT ELECTED.

Now this I don’t fully get. Seeing people of the same race/colour is supposed to be healthy along with all races, so why not BAME ethnicities?

Its not like it’s the old Robinson’s Jam label

Edited by Dahnsouff

25 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Also, The Onion last week:

Real life today:

This is just ****ing baffling. 

Are they changing the colonel on KFC because he's representative of a long dead racial stereotype - the old Southern Gentleman? 

Do we remove the Milky Bar Kid? And the woman from time Tapatio bottle because she represents a Mexican stereotype? 

Honestly dumb as all shit. 

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

This is just ****ing baffling. 

Are they changing the colonel on KFC because he's representative of a long dead racial stereotype - the old Southern Gentleman? 

Do we remove the Milky Bar Kid? And the woman from time Tapatio bottle because she represents a Mexican stereotype? 

Honestly dumb as all shit. 

Plan is to remove all racial profiles from such products and replace them with an image of Mohammed

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Plan is to remove all racial profiles from such products and replace them with an image of Mohammed

Seriously, though. 

I get that the Gollywog is not on. That places like the Black Boy with a freakish depiction of a black person isn't okay. I understand the statue of Colston offends, even if I disagree with the manner of its removal. 

This I am struggling to see the offence in. Can we just not show black people at all? Even in a positive light? What's the problem with Aunt Jemima? 

• Like 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

Seriously, though. 

I get that the Gollywog is not on. That places like the Black Boy with a freakish depiction of a black person isn't okay. I understand the statue of Colston offends, even if I disagree with the manner of its removal. 

This I am struggling to see the offence in. Can we just not show black people at all? Even in a positive light? What's the problem with Aunt Jemima? 

Totally agree, we should not take images of non caricatured people as offensive, certainly not as a de facto position. It is madness..

The Colonel though......

12 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Really, the founder of the church has systematically gone from being brown to white.

But, but,,Jesus was a blue eyed white boy...all the movies told me so

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Really, the founder of the church has systematically gone from being brown to white.

Love most of your posts, but how many people from the old middle east are brown? Even 2000 years later, just a question.

53 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

Love most of your posts, but how many people from the old middle east are brown? Even 2000 years later, just a question.

Go on the internet, Google it, it has been scientifically proven.

The oldest pictures of Jesus, he was brown.

Just a question how many Palestinians are white, today?

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Go on the internet, Google it, it has been scientifically proven.

The oldest pictures of Jesus, he was brown.

Just a question how many Palestinians are white, today?

I bow to your knowledge. Strange that most Jewish people today look more white than brown. All very confusing. Like I say I like your posts.

3 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

I bow to your knowledge. Strange that most Jewish people today look more white than brown. All very confusing. Like I say I like your posts.

I dunno about that there are reports he could be light skinned, however he isn't the blond dude that people have on there crosses and in the movies

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I dunno about that there are reports he could be light skinned, however he isn't the blond dude that people have on there crosses and in the movies

Bet he was chinese and everyone is wrong lol