Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

9 hours ago, josh_baskin said:

Well they'd be wrong as the song has nothing to do with animals other than the horse the postman was sitting on to carry the post, hence The POST horn gallop.

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm not sure what I was expecting from that article, but I assumed it would be more than three middle aged white blokes calling him out on Twitter. Amazing what constitutes news nowadays. 

17 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Katie Hopkins permanently banned from twitter 😂 horrible woman. Van anholt and rashford must have really pissed her off

I’m glad. I just cannot work out why she says the things she does. How can someone be such a heartless nasty ****. 

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’m glad. I just cannot work out why she says the things she does. How can someone be such a heartless nasty ****. 

I don’t know how she got away with it for so long either. Feel sorry for her kids she is vile 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

I don’t know how she got away with it for so long either. Feel sorry for her kids she is vile 

I worry what she'll be teaching them and how they'll take those views forward as they grow up... 

13 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

It’s always been an offensive song. Lots of people I know have been pissed off about if for 30 odd years. Not so many black England rugby fans attending matches either as a result. It’s also been commented on by black players over the years.

We are being asked to listen and understand - we know racism is not always about intent alone in the use of language - sometimes it’s the actual thing itself being born out of the links.

We are being asked to consider giving up a bit of white privilege and some are going to spit their dummies out if asked not to sing a song?

Wow.

How can swing low be offensive, it’s about escaping from slavery.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Hopkins says horrible stuff purely to get talked about, it gains her followers and in the long term will make her money. I'm not actually sure if it's a persona or everything she says is genuinely her.

If she says what she does just to make money that's probably even more reprehensible. 

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

How can swing low be offensive, it’s about escaping from slavery.

And has been sung by white men for 30 years to encourage a nationalism with them having zero awareness of its roots. 

I dunno. We used sing no surrender to the IRA in L1 and now we don’t. Because it’s old and not cool and two sides listened to each other, made compromises and stuff changed and now people don’t die every week. 

Maybe hijacking a song for other purposes and then deciding in not singing it, isn’t a big concession to make if it ceases to make our black English players cringe whilst gaining yardage for their country.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

And has been sung by white men for 30 years to encourage a nationalism with them having zero awareness of its roots. 

I dunno. We used sing no surrender to the IRA in L1 and now we don’t. Because it’s old and not cool and two sides listened to each other, made compromises and stuff changed and now people don’t die every week. 

Maybe hijacking a song for other purposes and then deciding in not singing it, isn’t a big concession to make if it ceases to make our black English players cringe whilst gaining yardage for their country.

You don’t need need to know it’s roots, it’s an inspirational anthem and is no way sang with racist intentions , although rugby players were singing it more for its sexual innuendos than anything else, years before the England fans were. But I can’t agree with a comparison with no surrender to the ira as that was just an attempted piss take in the same way as ten German bombers.  And besides that, you didn’t hear ladysmith black mambazo complaining about any slave links when they were making a shed load of money from the song off the back of the English rugby fans.

Edited by yorkie1999

53 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

This is the thing that gets, all those years of being called paki and spat on by our fans, and all of sudden those same fans are still In in the stands.

Worse still is the hidden racism now. I was.in the crowd and this poor Hindu guy was abused just for kicking accidentally the seat under neath the seat before him.  I've sat in my seat many times and I see this guy all the time.  Every time I go this gent has been chatting vibrantly all around the stadium and seems so friendly.  A Hindu guy turn up behind him  his face and deamonor was like lucifer turned up.  And the poor Hindu guy has to deal with his abuse and apologize.

For seasons no white guy has upset him.  

Edited by Dr The Singh

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

This is the thing that gets, all those years of being called paki and spat on by our fans, and all of sudden those same fans are still In in the stands.

Worse still is the hidden racism now. I was.in the crowd and this poor Hindu guy was abused just for kicking accidentally the seat under neath the seat before him.  I've sat in my seat many times and I see this guy all the time.  Every time I go this gent has been chatting vibrantly all around the stadium and seems so friendly.  A Hindu guy turn up behind him  his face and deamonor was like lucifer turned up.  And the poor Hindu guy has to deal with his abuse and apologize.

For seasons no white guy has upset him.  

yeah I hadn't really been thinking of the hidden racism, a friend asked if a local takeaway the Bangkok express was open near where I live, on Facebook and got the reply that a local Chinese was lush either the person replied was ignorant to the fact that Bangkok is in Thailand not China (i.e. a bit thick) or assumes they are all the same or just likes the Chinese she was suggesting (It may have been slightly ironic as the person asking the question works in a rival Chinese takeaway as do I and no the one she recommended isn't Lush but we would say that)I am hoping it is the first or the last option if not it still shows that we aren't as far down the line as I been thinking we are. 

2 hours ago, twoleftfeet said:

yeah I hadn't really been thinking of the hidden racism, a friend asked if a local takeaway the Bangkok express was open near where I live, on Facebook and got the reply that a local Chinese was lush either the person replied was ignorant to the fact that Bangkok is in Thailand not China (i.e. a bit thick) or assumes they are all the same or just likes the Chinese she was suggesting (It may have been slightly ironic as the person asking the question works in a rival Chinese takeaway as do I and no the one she recommended isn't Lush but we would say that)I am hoping it is the first or the last option if not it still shows that we aren't as far down the line as I been thinking we are. 

Or perhaps you’re just being a bit oversensitive and looking for hidden meaning where there really isn’t any. Perhaps she’s just saying that if you like spicy food, the Chinese is a decent alternative.

Got to admit though that I don’t know what lush means, and CBA to look it up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Or perhaps you’re just being a bit oversensitive and looking for hidden meaning where there really isn’t any. Perhaps she’s just saying that if you like spicy food, the Chinese is a decent alternative.

Got to admit though that I don’t know what lush means, and CBA to look it up.

My point being if someone asked a question about a French restaurant no one would suggest an Italian instead.  I did suggest i thought it may have just been ignorance i.e. not realising than Bangkok wasnt in China. 

Or the hidden mean thing may be relevant i.e if you ask a person of colour where they are from when what you mean is where do you live?

Or perhaps we have been sensitive enough  to others ? 

So not only did they give us the fookin virus in the first place but now it would seem they are attacking the infrastructure of a country that is desperately trying to contain it  ...  cus they advocated an independent probe into the origins of the pandemic  !!  ......

Is there no level of cvntyness these people will not stoop to ....  

7ACD7708-8B67-4F01-9641-80FEBCAA70F8.jpeg

Edited by Countryfox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

So not only did they give us the fookin virus in the first place but now it would seem they are attacking the infrastructure of a country that is desperately trying to contain it  ...  cus they advocated an independent probe into the origins of the pandemic  !!  ......

Is there no level cvntyness these people will not stoop to ....  

7ACD7708-8B67-4F01-9641-80FEBCAA70F8.jpeg

TBF it's their government who are the cvnts. The distance between the people in charge and the people who ain't in China is massive, seeing as the former really don't answer to the latter in any form of democratic process.

• Thanks 1