Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

58 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Really, i think in society we need to discuss this shit

PLM

Poster's Lives Matter

Let's get on the march... somewhere with 2 metres distancing between us both. 

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I am in Germany,so we'll cut for it...1,5 or 2 metres....

You're in the country that got it about right from the start so I'll take your 1.5 :thumbup:

Edited by Parafox

15 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Really, i think in society we need to discuss this shit

So do I, and I be?have we follow similar paths & thoughts,but somehow the shit got Mixed in a Party-line,

Let the Khanda help and bring is through the occasional  Autumn Fall of wisdom,

and protect us in our fight to tip the balance,

in our fight to rediscover & realise our path to enlightment

Edited by fuchsntf

Know Forbury Gardens very well indeed, used to frequently take my son there whilst he was a toddler. Its a very tranquil place generally.  

Strange place for "something like this" too happen. Sad times.

5 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

How is this being allowed to happen?

Two things spring to mind:

- it would be nice to have a corroborative account from a source less likely to have bias before discerning that it's happening at all (that is a rather sensationalist headline).

- and if it turns out that it is indeed happening, what might be done about it and the long term consequences of that action is a tricker question than might be first thought, IMO.

Indeed, one obviously biased account should not be taken as fact, but if proven to be accurate, then the response needs to be rapid but well judged.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

Saw this yesterday, out for a family walk and mowed down on the pavement by a drunk driver.

Makes my fvcking blood boil, hope its a life tariff but we all know it won't be. 

Can't imagine what the Mum is going through right now. 

Edited by EastAnglianFox
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Saw this yesterday, out for a family walk and mowed down on the pavenent by a drunk driver.

Makes my fvcking blood boil, hope its a life tariff but we all know it won't be. 

Some might argue its time we got more severe with our punitive measures. Think I am tempted to agree at times.

44 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Saw this yesterday, out for a family walk and mowed down on the pavenent by a drunk driver.

Road deaths are always sad, but it seems even worse when multiple members of the same family are killed.  And made even worse by the person causing the crash was doing something illegal at the time and the family were doing nothing wrong.  Like you, I hope it's a life tariff but given that sentencing in this country is a complete joke, I doubt it will be anywhere near.

Completely senseless and totally avoidable.

47 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Things like this are really difficult for me to comprehend. Her whole life as she knew it, over, in seconds. Losing just one would be awful, to lose them all is just absolutely fvcking horrific. Poor woman. 

23 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Things like this are really difficult for me to comprehend. Her whole life as she knew it, over, in seconds. Losing just one would be awful, to lose them all is just absolutely fvcking horrific. Poor woman. 

She might have been preparing dinner for them, or just thinking about all the things that they were going to do the next day.  Awful.  It's the sort of thing that you don't recover from.

34 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yeah I spend far to long thinking over it really, I can't see that you would ever be able to move on and be fully at peace again after that. 

Imagine the worry when none of them were answering their phones or when the police arrived to notify her, just awful. 

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Yeah I spend far to long thinking over it really, I can't see that you would ever be able to move on and be fully at peace again after that. 

Imagine the worry when none of them were answering their phones or when the police arrived to notify her, just awful. 

I had a moment last week when my other half went out on his motorbike and promised he'd be home 'well before 2pm'. By quarter past 2 I was beside myself, by half 2 I was almost in tears and planning how to tell his parents. It really isn't like him at all, he's always back when he says he will be. 

It wasn't as over the top as it sounds, but my point is that the 40 minutes I spent thinking the worse were absolutely terrifying, but thankfully over. For her, that feeling is quite possibly never ending, and much much worse. Unimaginable. 

Ironically, I could have killed him when he got home. Made me appreciate him a little bit more though.