Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

The Times’ MRP poll has Boris to lose his seat and the Cons to do far worse than 2017. There was talk of him moving to a super safe seat in 2019 and Melton was rumoured but if an election was on its way and he was in a position of losing his seat and the Cons getting 284, he presumably would have been dispatched and probably wouldn’t bother standing anyway.

21 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

The Times’ MRP poll has Boris to lose his seat and the Cons to do far worse than 2017. There was talk of him moving to a super safe seat in 2019 and Melton was rumoured but if an election was on its way and he was in a position of losing his seat and the Cons getting 284, he presumably would have been dispatched and probably wouldn’t bother standing anyway.

A lot of Tories pointing out this was pre deal on the EU and would expect the poll to alter in their favour. 

If Farage and Rice get that new party going in Kent and Essex, they will be taking some votes down 

Thought this might be of interest considering how many members probably use/need them :ph34r:

Tampon Tax now been voted to be abolished. A couple of notable MPs (if you can call them that), now saying it's because we've left the EU it's been possible. Incorrect. There was a vote on it in 2015 and those couple of MPs - Steve Baker and James Cleverley - voted against abolishing it at that time. Quite disingenuous to say it's because we've left the EU that it's been abolished - they could have abolished it if they voted for it when they had the chance...

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thought this might be of interest considering how many members probably use/need them :ph34r:

Tampon Tax now been voted to be abolished. A couple of notable MPs (if you can call them that), now saying it's because we've left the EU it's been possible. Incorrect. There was a vote on it in 2015 and those couple of MPs - Steve Baker and James Cleverley - voted against abolishing it at that time. Quite disingenuous to say it's because we've left the EU that it's been abolished - they could have abolished it if they voted for it when they had the chance...

They couldn’t have abolished it anyway and the debate in the commons highlights that. You can go look at Hansard and see the debate in the commons, particularly what David Gauke says.

Or you can just look at fullfact. https://fullfact.org/economy/did-mps-vote-against-removing-tampon-tax/

But it’s another one for @Strokes collection of misinformation from the pretend to be really upset at misinformation brigade. Honestly, you can think Brexit is the worst thing to have ever happened in the history of the world but still acknowledge that some benefit might result from it, however small (though important for women) it is in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

They couldn’t have abolished it anyway and the debate in the commons highlights that. You can go look at Hansard and see the debate in the commons, particularly what David Gauke says.

Or you can just look at fullfact. https://fullfact.org/economy/did-mps-vote-against-removing-tampon-tax/

But it’s another one for @Strokes collection of misinformation from the pretend to be really upset at misinformation brigade. Honestly, you can think Brexit is the worst thing to have ever happened in the history of the world but still acknowledge that some benefit might result from it, however small (though important for women) it is in the grand scheme of things.

I stand corrected. 

9 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

A bit rude, I’ve never mentioned tampons.

Hopefully shaving products on the agenda soon.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

A bit rude, I’ve never mentioned tampons.

Hopefully shaving products on the agenda soon.

Get yourself a beard, it’s tax free 

edit: oh, my bad, I am so out of touch - manscaping, right? :ph34r:

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Get yourself a beard, it’s tax free 

I’ve got one but I do care about the poor guys that have shit growth lol

Edit and also I do shave my head, which seems to go through blades even quicker.

Edited by Strokes
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Either i missed a joke or you misunderstand me

No joke.
I don’t think I misinterpreted, you said that I could pretend to be upset at the misinformation that we could have done so earlier, but as it turns out it wasn’t what the vote was actually about?

I’ve not been on here banging on about misinformation, I might have used it occasionally and I’ve not celebrated that tampon tax has been removed either. Which is a bit opportunistic to say the least. Stans post had merit because they voted against the road map and that shows they don’t really care about the tax.

Scotland providing them for free shows more merit to me.

I’ll defend my decision taken 2016 to anyone that questions it and I’ll hold my hands up and agree that not ‘everything’ will be positive. It’s going to be difficult to analyse the true impact with the economic disaster caused by this pandemic but I do still think it will eventually be viewed favourably. I’ll try to be honest but finding reliable sources for information is proving harder and harder and naturally we lean to confirmation bias.

I couldn’t care less about the Tories now we are out, and I won’t be taking any sides on domestic issues based on any loyalty. They’ve done the job that I voted for them but the rest has been a bit of a shambles if we are honest. I hope Labour do gain strength and gain ground if they prove competent.

• Like 1

On 03/01/2021 at 13:40, Strokes said:

No joke.
I don’t think I misinterpreted, you said that I could pretend to be upset at the misinformation that we could have done so earlier, but as it turns out it wasn’t what the vote was actually about?

I’ve not been on here banging on about misinformation, I might have used it occasionally and I’ve not celebrated that tampon tax has been removed either. Which is a bit opportunistic to say the least. Stans post had merit because they voted against the road map and that shows they don’t really care about the tax.

Scotland providing them for free shows more merit to me.

I’ll defend my decision taken 2016 to anyone that questions it and I’ll hold my hands up and agree that not ‘everything’ will be positive. It’s going to be difficult to analyse the true impact with the economic disaster caused by this pandemic but I do still think it will eventually be viewed favourably. I’ll try to be honest but finding reliable sources for information is proving harder and harder and naturally we lean to confirmation bias.

I couldn’t care less about the Tories now we are out, and I won’t be taking any sides on domestic issues based on any loyalty. They’ve done the job that I voted for them but the rest has been a bit of a shambles if we are honest. I hope Labour do gain strength and gain ground if they prove competent.

Alas a misunderstanding. I was referring to the below. The whole thing about voting against removing the tampon tax and it being possible before Brexit has been rife on Twitter and it’s just blatant chat shit misinformation cos their Brexit obsession. Wasn’t a sleight at you 

On 24/11/2020 at 11:01, Strokes said:

I don’t doubt there are strategic plans in place and some of those may involve the abandonment of the plant but I find it amusing that people on here that are so against misinformation and fake news are happy to spread such idle gossip as fact.

They might say they wish brexit to be a success but you can sense that they cant wait for facts before saying I told so.

24 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Alas a misunderstanding. I was referring to the below. The whole thing about voting against removing the tampon tax and it being possible before Brexit has been rife on Twitter and it’s just blatant chat shit misinformation cos their Brexit obsession. Wasn’t a sleight at you 

Ah I get you now, I thought you were inferring I pretend to get outraged over things. And things like this just added to my cause.

I apologies.