Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

The problem with this lockdown is that they've left to many grey areas. 

No clear distinction on what is local to your house, ni limit on how much you can be out your house, things like garden centres doing click and collect, bubbles and all thos nonsense. 

If they are gonna do it, which I think they should, it should be black and white. Clear cut, set in stone and harshly enforced. 

Disarm the people of their own stupidity and get on with it or this is going to drag on for years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Steve Baker warning of a leadership challenge to Boris because of lockdown on the same day 1500 people died partly as a result of shithouses like him is depraved. His letter is all about liberty and no mention of any public health failures show how much he’s arsed about people dying.

Typical tin-pot libertarian, good rule of thumb is self-avowed libertarians are unlikely to have a good grasp of liberty.

Baker, Francois, Bridgen and that ilk are all planks and not fit to hold office.

56 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The problem with this lockdown is that they've left to many grey areas. 

No clear distinction on what is local to your house, ni limit on how much you can be out your house, things like garden centres doing click and collect, bubbles and all thos nonsense. 

If they are gonna do it, which I think they should, it should be black and white. Clear cut, set in stone and harshly enforced. 

Disarm the people of their own stupidity and get on with it or this is going to drag on for years. 

Come on. That’s not possible, and I would not call it stupidity, it is wanton disregard in the face of advice (slow, evolving, questionable advice maybe)

Look on here, there is a swathe of distrust of the government, most will adhere to guidelines as long as it suits, but there is an understandable hesitancy.

Bending of the rules via perceived common sense will seem reasonable, and I am not blaming anyone as everyone’s situation and behaviour stems from different causes.

This has always been my disbelief with regards to the one size fits all rules I afraid.

Maybe I judge the situation wrong?

I notice they've announced they're not going to carry on free school meals past point x (not sure of the date), it's so predictable it's like they want to look terrible. Given the grief they've had with the food parcels given to families already and the pressure from Rashford and the press, it's inevitable they will make a u turn , for the third time will this be on the same issue? The only question is when. Why bother doing it in the first place it just makes them look unnecessarily callous. 

• Like 1

I don’t understand why they give themselves the grief over the free kids meals, such small fry in the grand scheme of things and just endless bad press and ammunition for the opposition. Really baffles me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I don’t understand why they give themselves the grief over the free kids meals, such small fry in the grand scheme of things and just endless bad press and ammunition for the opposition. Really baffles me.

When the PM looks to be outdone  by a 23yr old footballer for the 3rd time isn't exactly the best look for Boris 

42 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Do not get it at all. And no doubt many of those affected will be from the Red Wall that gave this lot a huge majority.

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

When the PM looks to be outdone  by a 23yr old footballer for the 3rd time isn't exactly the best look for Boris 

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Do not get it at all. And no doubt many of those affected will be from the Red Wall that give this lot a huge majority.

I’m sure most know I’m not a loyal Conservative voter but it makes no sense to me at all. It’s not even your standard economic or social policy that could be taken either way, it’s just pure bad optics and a bad look and it was almost certainly end up reversed. Why bother? Why have to reverse yourself on the same issue a THIRD time? Especially when we’re hoping to be back to some normality come the next school year. This kind of behaviour that thinks they’re incapable of any kind of long it even mid-term planning.

Raab saying he's not convinced the Brexit deal has caused fishing companies to be on the brink of a collapse is quite something. Especially when those companies were doing just fine when we were in the EU, and those companies now can't sell to EU because they're 'drowning in red tape'. But yeah, nothing to do with Brexit :dunno:

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Raab saying he's not convinced the Brexit deal has caused fishing companies to be on the brink of a collapse is quite something. Especially when those companies were doing just fine when we were in the EU, and those companies now can't sell to EU because they're 'drowning in red tape'. But yeah, nothing to do with Brexit :dunno:

They're not the only ones drowning in red tape!

Has anybody else noticed there being a bit less right wing noise on social media over the last week or so.

I don't follow many actual right wing 'commentators' but I follow people that do, and a lot of the usual suspects have gone quiet, with the notable exception of Laurence Fox.

I was wondering why this might be. The Trump administration going down like a Zeppelin? COVID out of control? Brexit looking (so far anyway) a bit shit? Then I thought, that's quite a few headwinds for anyone at that end of the spectrum. Maybe they just can't be arsed.

I'm sure they'll be back soon enough

19 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Has anybody else noticed there being a bit less right wing noise on social media over the last week or so.

I don't follow many actual right wing 'commentators' but I follow people that do, and a lot of the usual suspects have gone quiet, with the notable exception of Laurence Fox.

I was wondering why this might be. The Trump administration going down like a Zeppelin? COVID out of control? Brexit looking (so far anyway) a bit shit? Then I thought, that's quite a few headwinds for anyone at that end of the spectrum. Maybe they just can't be arsed.

They've all gone to Parler and are now shit scared lol

19 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I think it was said by quite a few people at the time that Brexit and Trump would be the worst things that could possibly happen to the right. It was always stupid of so many of the centre-right to embrace them because they wanted to own the libs on twitter.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I dunno, Farage had a vid up yesterday about how impeaching Trump would be the wrong move because one must be "magnanimous in victory". Remember 2016, Nige?

As for Fox, I'm reasonably sure he's in favour of the insurrection attempt at the Capitol last week but he lacks the courage to show it and take the pelters for it so instead he seems to focusing on the totally spurious "tech companies limit my Freeze Peach!" angle instead.

48 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I dunno, Farage had a vid up yesterday about how impeaching Trump would be the wrong move because one must be "magnanimous in victory". Remember 2016, Nige?

As for Fox, I'm reasonably sure he's in favour of the insurrection attempt at the Capitol last week but he lacks the courage to show it and take the pelters for it so instead he seems to focusing on the totally spurious "tech companies limit my Freeze Peach!" angle instead.

He'll NEVER go away, will he?

Lozza, on the other hand I suspect will have rather less staying power. I'm not sure he's chosen a great time to try and monetize acting like a twat, especially in an already crowded field

Just now, Fightforever said:

Comparing the Tories to Trump is like comparing a toothpick to a Sword. And that comes from someone who hates them.

"Whilst they aren't as bad, the current UK government has similar traits"

Don't see an issue with that. He saying they aren't on the same level but they show similar behaviour.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

"Whilst they aren't as bad, the current UK government has similar traits"

Don't see an issue with that. He saying they aren't on the same level but they show similar behaviour.

Subverting democracy? Spreading blatant disinformation to stay in power? The only similarity I really see is the disdain for the poor. By our standards Biden would be center right. So actually the Tories are more similar to the democrats than Trump.

Edited by Fightforever