Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

On 25/06/2022 at 20:37, masterg59 said:

I tested positive on Tuesday, first time I've had it, thought I'd got away with it.

Me too. Felt a bit rough on Sunday but thought it was due to a long day and drinks at a wedding on Saturday. Felt worse Monday but tested negative. Had been to an event at De Montfort Hall on Friday night with a friend, my friend messaged that they were ill and tested positive on Monday. I did another test on Tuesday and within seconds a bold red line appeared. 

Feel as rough as but probably like a bad flu in terms of symptoms. 

Trying to work out from the NHS website if my 5 day isolation/retest should be 5 days from the test or from symptoms starting. Might just wait until Sunday. 

On 25/06/2022 at 20:37, masterg59 said:

I tested positive on Tuesday, first time I've had it, thought I'd got away with it.

9 days later, feeling absolutely fine but still testing positive. Had nothing but mild cold symptoms all through, if I hadn't tested positive,I would of been out and about.

On 22/06/2022 at 12:06, Soup said:

Public transport is the only exception. But I've noticed a few people with them under their nose which you'd never get here before. 

Really old people in supermarkets have surprised me the most. I honestly thought most would carry on with them.

That makes me laugh, its surprising how many you see with their nostrils exposed which then makes it nothing short of virtue signalling.  Which it is in any case so far as I'm concerned. Different if you go down the road of a ffp2/3 type but they've never been mandated here in public places.

2 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

That makes me laugh, its surprising how many you see with their nostrils exposed which then makes it nothing short of virtue signalling.  Which it is in any case so far as I'm concerned. Different if you go down the road of a ffp2/3 type but they've never been mandated here in public places.

Yeah loads definitely virtue signalling, and they'll no doubt love it when certain places require them again later on in the year. They'll happily tell people ' I've never taken mine off' 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I thought masks were meant to be to protect other people, so why would it matter if she was vulnerable herself? And like I said, she was stood alone. Either way, it doesn't matter to me, I just saw it and thought she looked a bit silly.  

I think the narrative about protecting others more than yourself was a fair amount of bollux. if it was about protecting yourself, a lot of people would just say ‘I’ll take my chances - I‘ll be fine’. Hence they tried to make it about others. It is of course true that if you’re wearing a mask and you’re infectious then you’re obviously spreading less viral bits around you. 

all I know I that the surgical masks stop about 95% of virus particles getting through and the N95 even higher.  The N95 are better because they don’t have gaps at the side which the surgical ones often do - hence you’re at risk of the virus getting to you through the gaps. But it’s still way way better than wearing nothing.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

The worst ones are the people who wear them outside. I saw a woman stood at the bus stop by herself with one on the other day. Like, what is the actual point in that? lol 

Yeah there's no point at all. The media have scared them witless though so to them it's seems the right thing to do. I actually feel sorry for the older than one's though, they're living out the final part of their lives with nothing more than a sock wrapped around their face. Depressing 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Soup said:

Yeah there's no point at all. The media have scared them witless though so to them it's seems the right thing to do. I actually feel sorry for the older than one's though, they're living out the final part of their lives with nothing more than a sock wrapped around their face. Depressing

True, it's shocking! 

There’s a covid bed wetter at my work place, was quite sick but tested negative repeatedly so ‘it’s ok I’ve not got covid, it must be another bug, I’m fine to attend a client dinner tonight’…. Clearly she’s in a minority of morons, and one positive about covid is that people are more aware of respiratory illnesses, and stay at home for a day or so to clear them instead of going out spreading them. But my god how stupid 

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

There’s a covid bed wetter at my work place, was quite sick but tested negative repeatedly so ‘it’s ok I’ve not got covid, it must be another bug, I’m fine to attend a client dinner tonight’…. Clearly she’s in a minority of morons, and one positive about covid is that people are more aware of respiratory illnesses, and stay at home for a day or so to clear them instead of going out spreading them. But my god how stupid 

You’d think that one thing to come out of this whole mess would be peoples awareness that if they’re ill they should stay at home (at least for a day) and employers more understanding that it’s better for one person to be off for a day than half their workforce come down with something. But like you say, morons will always be morons 

Just now, st albans fox said:

You’d think that one thing to come out of this whole mess would be peoples awareness that if they’re ill they should stay at home (at least for a day) and employers more understanding that it’s better for one person to be off for a day than half their workforce come down with something. But like you say, morons will always be morons 

Yeh agree and on the whole that’s a positive that’s come out of this. Peoples awareness of all respiratory illnesses, and their ability to spread them, has increased. Just stay at home instead of sneezing your way around the office outlining how you’d ‘ just do anything for this company’ 

8 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

What is this all about. Why would government be about to spend 2 billion on test kits? 

https://t.co/DwDwcSlW5S

It’s not an immediate contract with supply required. 

It’s a contract so that if there’s a demand they can quickly go to supplier and get tests. There’s no guarantee that they will actually use it. 

Saves a lot of procurement hassle

22 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I thought masks were meant to be to protect other people, so why would it matter if she was vulnerable herself? And like I said, she was stood alone. Either way, it doesn't matter to me, I just saw it and thought she looked a bit silly.  

Beijing 2015:

beijing-smog.thumb.jpg.83ba9cf009f0b157b73b272b82d3e0d3.jpg

23 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I saw a guy driving his own car (I assume, as it wasn’t a hire car), alone with a mask on and latex gloves.

Surely leaving gloves on that he likely had on while out and about would be far more detrimental than taking them off and handling his car with clean hands.

Seemed like madness and lacking any common sense at all.

Almost everyone subconsciously touching their face, checks their phone while parking up, touches his car keys with gloves when parking and without gloves around the house etc. 

19 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I saw a guy driving his own car (I assume, as it wasn’t a hire car), alone with a mask on and latex gloves.

Surely leaving gloves on that he likely had on while out and about would be far more detrimental than taking them off and handling his car with clean hands.

Seemed like madness and lacking any common sense at all.

Almost everyone subconsciously touching their face, checks their phone while parking up, touches his car keys with gloves when parking and without gloves around the house etc. 

Tbf that’s all on the basis of an assumption.

I’ve known valet car cleaners / car garage staff / car hire staff to wear gloves whilst driving when returning or collecting a vehicle. 

I think taxi drivers, coach drivers, bus drivers and drivers of multiple vehicles are one of the occupations where it makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tbf that’s all on the basis of an assumption.

I’ve known valet car cleaners / car garage staff / car hire staff to wear gloves whilst driving when returning or collecting a vehicle. 

I think taxi drivers, coach drivers, bus drivers and drivers of multiple vehicles are one of the occupations where it makes sense. 

Oh absolutely based on assumption. Although I’m going to say the mask at the very least lacked any sense.

The bloke was older, easily retirement age. Possibly vulnerable to Covid. 

He was driving a car that I would definitely assumed was his, down the A1M. 

Assumptions can always be wrong, but sometimes things that look a certain way, are that way.

Fair play to him, he’s entitled to do whatever he wants in that regard, it just looked very odd.