Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

The effect of warm weather on the virus may be related to levels of UV light from the sun. UV-B in particular is effective at killing bacteria and viruses, and on hot sunny days levels of UV light are quite high. There's even research going on to see if an endotrachial UV device can be used to treat CV-19. In essence, it would be like sunburning the patient's lungs.

https://nurse.org/articles/uv-light-therapy-coronavirus-covid19/    

16 minutes ago, String fellow said:

The effect of warm weather on the virus may be related to levels of UV light from the sun. UV-B in particular is effective at killing bacteria and viruses, and on hot sunny days levels of UV light are quite high. There's even research going on to see if an endotrachial UV device can be used to treat CV-19. In essence, it would be like sunburning the patient's lungs.

https://nurse.org/articles/uv-light-therapy-coronavirus-covid19/    

You mean, like swallowing bleach. Can we do that? Can we look into that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Are we a bit glossing over the fact that fatalities are dropping consistently with no sign of an increase weeks after restrictions start to be reduces across Europe?  Not a lot of happy coverage of the fact that this is fantastic news!

It does seem to be the case if you open up slowly and carefully you can sustain low stats.

Only concern I have with us doing it is we seem to be doing it a little earlier than most.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Just read its over 400 deaths in the last 24 hours, and we now have highest death rate in the world. 

It's not deaths in the last 24 hours.

It's deaths reported - so would include the weekend/bank holiday lag too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Just read its over 400 deaths in the last 24 hours, and we now have highest death rate in the world. 

As Stan said, there’s catch up from the Bank Holiday weekend that contributes to that. 

And even as someone who’s not convinced by the government response at all, are death rate is a fairly honest reflection, whereas other countries haven’t/haven’t had the ability to publish completely accurate data. 

I imagine we’re still high in real figures though, which will raise some questions.

Guest Markyblue

Regarding deaths i would certainly take many countries figures with a pince of salt,  ours are tragic but so are many others.

2 hours ago, pds said:

You mean, like swallowing bleach. Can we do that? Can we look into that?

Just glugged a pint of Domestos. Will report back soon as to it’s efficacy. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Regarding deaths i would certainly take many countries figures with a pince of salt,  ours are tragic but so are many others.

Why should other decent  countries values be more taken with a Pinch of Salt,than ours...UK has shown Banana Republic Tendencies und Attitudes in the last decades plus Why compare on negativities,being the best of the worst doesn't win you any trophies or even candy..!!

St Peter will still Keep One from the pearly gates,

HMmm Yes lets see,you werent such a Silly dishonest,hypocritical Tragic stupid  victim,like someothers,

but still blind to the obvious and a little OTT in total irrelevant point scoring...

Sorry but the lift going  down to Good ol saint nick,its straight on,just follow the red pointed tridents and beezlebub flames..Godbless..:celebrate:

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why should other decent  countries values be more taken with a Pinch of Salt,than ours...UK has shown Banana Republic Tendencies und Attitudes in the last

Decades...And Why compare on negativities,being the best of the worst doesn't win you any trophies or even candy..!!

St Peter will still Keep One from the pearly gates, HMmm Yes lets see,you werent such a Silly dishonest,hypocritical Tragic stupid  victim,like someothers,gut

still blind to the obvious and a Bit Bit in total irrelevant point scoring...

Sorry but the lift going  down to Good ol saint nick,his straight on,just follow the red pointed tridents and beezlebub flames..Godbless..:celebrate:

Yea your right, china ,russia mexico and Brazil are being totally honest with figures. 👍

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why should other decent  countries values be more taken with a Pinch of Salt,than ours...UK has shown Banana Republic Tendencies und Attitudes in the last

Decades...And Why compare on negativities,being the best of the worst doesn't win you any trophies or even candy..!!

St Peter will still Keep One from the pearly gates, HMmm Yes lets see,you werent such a Silly dishonest,hypocritical Tragic stupid  victim,like someothers,gut

still blind to the obvious and a Bit Bit in total irrelevant point scoring...

Sorry but the lift going  down to Good ol saint nick,his straight on,just follow the red pointed tridents and beezlebub flames..Godbless..:celebrate:

Schadenfraude is unbecoming of you :thumbdown:

25 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Yea your right, china ,russia mexico and Brazil are being totally honest with figures. 👍

200 plus countries on the planet...Maybe China ideology und  Thoughts are an indoctrinated propaganda from the Evil West...

Plus my point,is in These situations I Don t do comparables with the so called Bad guys,or incompetent despot regimes...

Our country's accountability is measured surely by its own footing und its man peoples Internal reasoning,Not by comparing or competing on unbalanced irrelevantes of other Troubled unorganisiert or incompetent countries rulings.!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, bovril said:

There's a lot of "it's not us, it must be the other countries under-reporting" cognitive dissonance in the air. 

I think its fine to acknowledge that our figures weren't exactly accurate whilst noting other countries may not exactly been showing their true death tolls as a result of coronavirus.

Truth is we'll never know as everyone has recorded their figures differently.

Listened to many reports from the UK..Sky,BBC etc,many journalists Reporting in Track & Trace,how well its Working in Germany....

Sorry but neither I ,neighbours,far flung friends, nor Family know anybody using it....:dunno:

I reckon my daughters Dog is .more into Track & trace....!

Edited by fuchsntf