Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Not the one about when the pubs will open was it.

lol No, it was about being allowed to meet people from another household, but only in a park or public space at a distance rather than a garden. That morning Hancock was on tv saying the reasoning was that some gardens couldn't be got to without going through the house, and we were told to use common sense. I asked as I knew I could get into my mums garden without going into the house, was it not common sense to see her there rather than a crowded public place.

• Like 1

The Financial Times with their realistic pessimism to balance out Sikora :)

Be interesting to see if the government will continue to follow the SAGE recommendations after a number of SAGE advisors openly criticised their handling of the Cummings issue. 

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

That's true. After I'd written my post I realised I'd thought of it solely from my position of living somewhere like Loughborough, driving a car etc.

This is why it is so important to drive the infection rate right down before test and trace can become effective. Otherwise it’s whack-a-mole.

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

This is why it is so important to drive the infection rate right down before test and trace can become effective. Otherwise it’s whack-a-mole.

The whack-a-mole vision made me lol probably more than it should have! 

46 minutes ago, brucey said:

Too late for this shit. 

I've already got my kids camping outside the school gates first in the queue ready for it to open :celebrate:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, brucey said:

The Financial Times with their realistic pessimism to balance out Sikora :)

Be interesting to see if the government will continue to follow the SAGE recommendations after a number of SAGE advisors openly criticised their handling of the Cummings issue. 

"Independent SAGE" and actual SAGE are two different things aren't they ?

I remain confused

Over 1000 new cases,

377 deaths since yesterday, the biggest number of total deaths by far across the whole of Europe, yet restrictions are being relaxed and most of the public are acting like it’s over?

The two don’t tally?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I remain confused

Over 1000 new cases,

377 deaths since yesterday, the biggest number of total deaths by far across the whole of Europe, yet restrictions are being relaxed and most of the public are acting like it’s over?

The two don’t tally?

Wilful ignorance of the facts in the hope it goes away? 

Very similar to America's trajectory at the minute. 

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Wilful ignorance of the facts in the hope it goes away? 

Very similar to America's trajectory at the minute. 

Yes the country's top scientists have decided to go with the lets hope it goes away option.😒

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I remain confused

Over 1000 new cases,

The two don’t tally?

Been saying a similar thing, 1887 new cases which is still a large amount. We seem to be seeing a reduction and thinking its all gone away. Personally think we're a week or 2 too fast with these decisions, but obviously we don't know the full picture or have as much info as the Gov. do

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Yes the country's top scientists have decided to go with the lets hope it goes away option.😒

The country's top scientists have certainly urged against schools opening - that's gone right ahead though. That's the point being made. 

30 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I remain confused

Over 1000 new cases,

The two don’t tally?

Yep seems odd to make that six persons announcement today as well

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

The additional symptoms question is a good one to ask; but by putting so many other 'core' symptoms up you risk catching a huge number of other colds etc. Having the 3 core symptoms that summarise the majority of cases is significantly more effective (both high specificity and sensitivity) 

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Do i understand it correctly that people from different households can now come visit as long as its in the garden and there are no more than 6 people? 

Correct, as long as they don't enter the house and are all socially distanced then you're able to

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Correct, as long as they don't enter the house and are all socially distanced then you're able to

That's really good news, awesome to have something uplifting to read in the media. (Especially as it doesn't involve Mr Dom C. ) 

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

That's really good news, awesome to have something uplifting to read in the media. (Especially as it doesn't involve Mr Dom C. ) 

It's really nice to hear; I hope people don't take advantage and start overstepping the rules

8 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Do i understand it correctly that people from different households can now come visit as long as its in the garden and there are no more than 6 people? 

And parks maintaining the social distancing as well? 

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's really nice to hear; I hope people don't take advantage and start overstepping the rules

Yes it would be good if these announcements can not be made on Thursdays for the following Monday. With good weather I feel it gives too much temptation to the public to do it over the weekend. 

Why can't it just be announced on a Monday?! Or Sunday evening? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Totally agree with you on that, although them sort of people have probably been overstepping the rules this whole time. I will have my son over for a BBQ and also invite my brother and his wife over for a BBQ and perhaps allow my friend to pop round for a sneaky wine or 2 in the afternoon. That will be my limit tbh and they will be at different times, in the garden thats accessible without going into the house. :D 

• Like 1