Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Wierd. Maybe add that into your next anti-mask rant. :D

Yeah, sorry.

I'm not even particularly anti mask. I just got annoyed waiting outside the shop when I was in a rush and had another moan about this cautious mentality having another (albeit small) negative impact on my life.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't buy into any global lizard control conspiracy, but I do find interesting that even supposed elite intelligence national leaders just simply follow the crowd. It just mus the be simple human nature to avoid beig the outlier. 

Either that, or media is - apart from Sweden - not reporting how 80% of the world is dealing with this?

How's DR Congo coping? Ghana? Iceland? Phillipines? Saudi?.....is there any country out there, Sweden apart, not following the panic mode of Europe and the west? 

Interesting how Brazil (Hot country ) suffered badly but many African countries are not .... is the average age of many Africans low enough for cases to rarely lead to fatalities? I assume testing rates are pretty low so recorded cases will therefore be also be low. 

does a lot of life on that continent also take place outside ?   Is Brazil more likely to have more air conditioned public areas ?   in ten years time we will have lots of studies into all the variances 

Edited by st albans fox

32 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

I'm slightly more worried by the chemtrails in the sky seeding brain washing chemicals into the population myself.

2020 update: instead of wearing masks to avoid chemtrails, conspiracy theorists now avoid masks, even in the midst of a global pandemic.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Interesting how Brazil (Hot country ) suffered badly but many African countries are not .... is the average age of many Africans low enough for cases to rarely lead to fatalities? I assume testing rates are pretty low so recorded cases will therefore be also be low. 

does a lot of life on that continent also take place outside ?   Is Brazil more likely to have more air conditioned public areas ?   in ten years time we will have lots of studies into all the variances 

A lot of African countries have more pressing issues at hand. Like getting food and clean water.

On the flip side we have an obesity endemic which should get way more attention but alas, no. Panic for a smaller issue. Eat as much Maccies as you want.

Edited by Nod.E

48 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

I'm slightly more worried by the chemtrails in the sky seeding brain washing chemicals into the population myself.

anyone that believes in chemtrails, lizard people or that the world is flat must be pretty damn stupid but yea the threat of radiation is actually a thing

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I've actually been surprised at the lack of supermarket workers falling ill. They are as front line as it comes. 

Have you seen stats for this ?

i recall quotes from govt when face coverings were brought in saying that shop workers had suffered disproportionately 

the early stages back in March saw far too many bus drivers in big trouble at a time when face coverings were not available 

many shops (esp supermarkets) have fairly high ceilings and staff are not in close contact with the public for ten or fifteen mins at a time ...

and finally, if shop staff are no longer suffering as much in this second wave as they did in the first  then that is perhaps evidence that the public wearing face coverings to protect the staff is working ....

51 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

They weren't mandatory in June and July and we didn't see things go mental.

Weren't we still in or only just coming out of extreme measures then?

All I'm saying is it's just another example of over the top cautiousness which 'may' (key word) help 'a little bit' (key phrase). Clearly popular opinion is to operate on that basis.

Personally I would only be happy with extreme measures (and silly little ones like these) if they are highly likely to stop a significant number of deaths. And by significant I mean more than the number of lives that will be ruined by redundancies in the long term. Not 100% sure of the latest figures but I saw 695,000 as the current number recently. That will only get much worse. Okay so not 100% of those lives will be ruined, but even if it's say 20% of those people, that's 139,000 and counting.

Not really sure that any measure are put in place to keep you happy, I thought it was more to do with keeping the NHS going and saving lives? I'm also not sure how many lives are 'ruined' by redundancy, but I'd be interested to see figures. My other half is being made redundant, but I wouldn't say our lives are going to be 'ruined'

It's just funny how all these little half measures are obviously not really working to avoid any real increase in cases. 

How do you quantify how much of an increase there would be were these 'little half measures' not in place? How is it obvious that they're not working?

If they were, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Meanwhile in July before all these measures were in effect, no cases. 

See above re lockdown

Look, all these measures may have some small impact. Again it's just a question of whether it's all worth it. In my view, it isn't.

Where is the data that they have 'some small impact? 

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

You didn't read where the research contained in the articles came from then? Funnily enough, from scientists 

Will the World Health Organisation suffice for you, or are they a bit too mainstream for you as well? lol

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/5g-mobile-networks-and-health

To date, and after much research performed, no adverse health effect has been causally linked with exposure to wireless technologies. Health-related conclusions are drawn from studies performed across the entire radio spectrum but, so far, only a few studies have been carried out at the frequencies to be used by 5G.

Tissue heating is the main mechanism of interaction between radiofrequency fields and the human body. Radiofrequency exposure levels from current technologies result in negligible temperature rise in the human body.

As the frequency increases, there is less penetration into the body tissues and absorption of the energy becomes more confined to the surface of the body (skin and eye). Provided that the overall exposure remains below international guidelines, no consequences for public health are anticipated.

The WHO which knew about corona virus in December 2019 but didn't declare it as a pandemic until the 11th of March, what a brilliant organisation they are, they may change there stance next month on this article who knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

The WHO which knew about corona virus in December 2019 but didn't declare it as a pandemic until the 11th of March, what a brilliant organisation they are, they may change there stance next month on this article who knows.

I'd hazard a guess that they didn't declare it a pandemic until March because, you know, it wasn't? You do know what Pandemic means? Or am I assuming too much?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Have you seen stats for this ?

i recall quotes from govt when face coverings were brought in saying that shop workers had suffered disproportionately 

the early stages back in March saw far too many bus drivers in big trouble at a time when face coverings were not available 

many shops (esp supermarkets) have fairly high ceilings and staff are not in close contact with the public for ten or fifteen mins at a time ...

and finally, if shop staff are no longer suffering as much in this second wave as they did in the first  then that is perhaps evidence that the public wearing face coverings to protect the staff is working ....

Nope. Not a stats man tbh. I leave that to clever people. 

I just assumed that if supermarket workers were dropping like flies, we mightve heard of it in the media and/or it might have come up in Convo at my weekly shop (til staff tend be regular and chatty)

Your conclusions might we'll be accurate. High ceilings, well ventilated buildings with vagiely fit and active working age staff taking sensible but not overly absurd precautions....and they seem to be OK. 

30 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Please explain why you expected the WHO to define something as a pandemic before it actually was? I'm interested to understand how you think that is possible?