Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

I'm struggling to believe the credibility of the testing system now that we've reported 53k cases today.  At what point do the testing figures come into question?

Then you've got the oracle in Ferguson linking this increase in cases with the greater, unsubstantiated, 70% more transmissibility of the new variant.  Of which there are thousands.

It all seems to me as if they're using figures to drive an agenda the longer this goes on.  

Lockdown 3 will happen.  It is a case of when not if.  

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

I'm struggling to believe the credibility of the testing system now that we've reported 53k cases today.  At what point do the testing figures come into question?

Then you've got the oracle in Ferguson linking this increase in cases with the greater, unsubstantiated, 70% more transmissibility of the new variant.  Of which there are thousands.

It all seems to me as if they're using figures to drive an agenda the longer this goes on.  

Yes it will

I give it a couple of weeks if the current infection rate continues 

12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It’s getting a bit confusing with what’s actually going on. 50000+ cases today, yet people are in a bigger state of lockdown than ever, now either no one is actually paying attention to the advice and rules, or what we’re doing isn’t working. All the pubs and other gathering places are shut, so it can’t be those places that are the problem. Surely everyone’s not going round each other’s houses. Personally I think it’s something to do with exposure time indoors, with people carrying the virus, which being cooped up doesn’t exactly help. And, although I do wear one, I also think that masks are a breeding ground for germs and I bet more people are catching the virus from adjusting or messing about with their mask with unsanitised hands, which obviously can’t be helped in everyday life, than breathing other people’s germs in.

More likely to be increasing due to ar#eholes who are wearing their masks below their nose, around their chins around their necks or refuse to wear them at all.

Incidentally a jogger ran by us this morning, it was a cold morning and I was shocked at the amount of exhaled breath which was clearly visible, I would suggest 2 metres is no where near enough distancing from anyone jogging past you on a path.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It probably will the way cases are rising again.  That's not a conspiracy.

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Do people really think there’s any conspiracy going on? This has been the biggest confusion for me of everything that has gone on during Covid.. that there’s some conspiracy underlying it

Look at so many of the general hospitals across the country at the moment. They are bursting with Covid cases.

• Like 1

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

But are these "cases"?  Looking at the UK from overseas, there are plenty of scientists out there who question the PCR mass testing regime in the UK and state it should not be used on a mass scale as it is here.  Then you have to question the accuracy of the result itself as the thresholds set for these tests are overly sensitive and are most likely picking up non-infectious virus.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Do people really think there’s any conspiracy going on? This has been the biggest confusion for me of everything that has gone on during Covid.. that there’s some conspiracy underlying it

Look at so many of the general hospitals across the country at the moment. They are bursting with Covid cases.

Sadly yes.  A person can be intelligent, but people are fvcking stupid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

But are these "cases"?  Looking at the UK from overseas, there are plenty of scientists out there who question the PCR mass testing regime in the UK and state it should not be used on a mass scale as it is here.  Then you have to question the accuracy of the result itself as the thresholds set for these tests are overly sensitive and are most likely picking up non-infectious virus.

Don’t you believe that the General Hospitals in England are full to bursting with new cases? 
Genuine question 

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

All locations UK wide are currently experiencing less hospital admissions in critical care beds than they have averaged over the last 3 years.

image-2-2.png

The problem has not been addressed sufficiently over the past 3 to 5 years.  As soon as the numbers in the workforce are affected, along with running things close to capacity, as was the case in 2018, there's a problem.  

Edited by Legend_in_blue

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

All locations UK wide are currently experiencing less hospital admissions than they have averaged over the last 3 years.

There's plenty of hospitals at over 98% capacity; with usually about 30% of that minimum being Covid.

That's even with having delayed/cancelled some planned procedures.

10 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

All locations UK wide are currently experiencing less hospital admissions than they have averaged over the last 3 years.

Yes they are. Hospitals aren’t admitting patients for routine operations due to Covid 19

Have you been to one of these hospitals recently? Some of the clinics feel like ghost towns due to skeleton staff and very few patients. It’s part of the business continuity plans. Same with GP’s

I read last week that there are estimated as many people died over the past few months through not getting essential treatment (and most importantly TIMELY treatment) as have died directly due to Covid 19

Are you in England at the moment mate? And working in Healthcare?

Again, genuine question 

Edited by Col city fan

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You'd have to be blind not to see it or know of it first hand at this point, but I think if you are so inclined as to go down certain rabbit holes then all of can feed into that agenda quite easily.

And whilst I don't believe there is any such great conspiracy, I can certainly see how elements of what has happened over the last year feeds into what isn't even a conspiracy but just the way of life, that is how the ruling classes are exerting ever more oversight and control over the common person for their own financial gain.

This isn't really linked to covid, but if you (generally, not you specifically, Col) aren't questioning the powers that be and the actions that they are taking in 2020, then you are as naive as those who think Covid is a complete hoax are foolish.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t think anyone is claiming a conspiracy, apart from a few nut jobs but I think people are questioning the numbers, when you start talking a quarter of a million people per week catching it how many tests are they conducting? 5 million? These are big numbers and the logistics and reliability behind those figures does seem a bit questionable.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

People aren’t in a bigger state of lockdown than ever? We’re all in tiers (now there’s a Freudian slip)
Just go to many different parts of Leicester to really get the sense of us being in hardly any type of lockdown

I was cycling up Narborough road earlier and there were lots of people milling about, most of the shops looked open and there were small crowds outside at least one of the ‘eateries’

Combining the two elements of:

1. People STILL not taking it all seriously and

2: No way of policing any of it

Equates to the massive number of new infections we are seeing now

People blame the government, personally I think ‘the people’ are hugely culpable 

As we’ve discussed it’s a collective.. but the government are “hugely culpable” themselves for failing to act quick enough when the rest of Europe was falling. Largely populated areas that are fairly condensed were always going to be an issue, even when you go into a supermarket there are loads of people there, it’s as if life is normal but we’re having to wear masks. I went in on Christmas Eve and it was rammed, absolutely rammed in my local supermarket. 

We’re forever chasing our tails at the moment, no solution other than drastic measures will be adequate, either another full national lockdown until the vaccine drives the numbers down, or we get a massive amount of vaccines and start wholesale inoculations.

The questions I want answering are;

1. is the test actually accurate? Due to the sheer volume of testing is the test accurate enough to be used as much as it is? 

2. are people having multiple tests done? So for example if someone tests positive can they go back and have another one a few days later to see if they’re still positive? 

3. how overwhelmed are our hospitals? Are Leicester’s covid hospitals anywhere near breaking point? 

I don’t envy the government, the job they have is near impossible, they’re juggling two major things that aren’t remotely compatible with one another, the economy and a pandemic..... which is why, in my personal opinion their initial reaction wasn’t good enough. 

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

These two articles are well worth a read:

A Cockupspiracy – Lockdown Sceptics

The Great Preset – Lockdown Sceptics

The second piece from today follows the first from early December.  I think taking the middle ground between "cock-up" and "conspiracy" as he calls it "a cockupspiracy", is pretty much spot on.

34 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I am currently working at a test centre and to be fair it’s been really busy since early December. I don’t think we can have any complaints about the level of testing or accuracy of it based on what I’ve seen. The one thing that I have seen that annoys me is how wasteful the centres are. The site I’m at has at least 3 x more staff than necessary costing the tax payer £200ish quid per extra person per day. That’s a lot across the whole UK

40 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

What agenda? and who precisely are "they"?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

As we’ve discussed it’s a collective.. but the government are “hugely culpable” themselves for failing to act quick enough when the rest of Europe was falling. Largely populated areas that are fairly condensed were always going to be an issue, even when you go into a supermarket there are loads of people there, it’s as if life is normal but we’re having to wear masks. I went in on Christmas Eve and it was rammed, absolutely rammed in my local supermarket. 

We’re forever chasing our tails at the moment, no solution other than drastic measures will be adequate, either another full national lockdown until the vaccine drives the numbers down, or we get a massive amount of vaccines and start wholesale inoculations.

The questions I want answering are;

1. is the test actually accurate? Due to the sheer volume of testing is the test accurate enough to be used as much as it is? 

2. are people having multiple tests done? So for example if someone tests positive can they go back and have another one a few days later to see if they’re still positive? 

3. how overwhelmed are our hospitals? Are Leicester’s covid hospitals anywhere near breaking point? 

I don’t envy the government, the job they have is near impossible, they’re juggling two major things that aren’t remotely compatible with one another, the economy and a pandemic..... which is why, in my personal opinion their initial reaction wasn’t good enough. 

Well, according to their website, university hospitals Leicester has 35 icu beds, so it wouldn’t be very hard to overwhelm them. whether they’re figures are correct, I don’t know, because by mates wife works at glen field and I’m sure he said there were 98 beds

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

What agenda? and who precisely are "they"?

This is the bit I find perplexing

Given the fact that Covid has essentially knackered the economy who in Government in their right mind would be trying to sensationalise the number of new positive results? Who and why?

Boris addresses the nation again tomorrow apparently. I wonder if lock down 3 is coming? Surely that would be the last thing the government would want?

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This is the bit I find perplexing

Given the fact that Covid has essentially knackered the economy who in Government in their right mind would be trying to sensationalise the number of new positive results? Who and why?

Boris addresses the nation again tomorrow apparently. I wonder if lock down 3 is coming? Surely that would be the last thing the government would want?

The bloke who’s on a pound a positive test bonus would.

15 minutes ago, String fellow said:

The excellent Nextstrain website has been updated, and it shows the geographical distribution of the 5 clades of Covid, 19A, 19B, 20A, 20B and 20C, which can be filtered individually, as required. Perhaps Covid-19 is a misnomer.

https://nextstrain.org/ncov/global

Do we really need 6 different names for it? The media want to scare us at every twist and turn so id rather it just be called Covid tbf.