Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

53 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

An interesting positive report. Antibody treatment for people who have been exposed the Covid19

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-55438758

Really interesting tbf, basically a few steps further along than a vaccine where we're given the treatment rather than stimulated to produce our own Antibodies.

Would be at a considerable cost most, as suggested in the article, but a good potential to protect those with immune-deficiencies or who requirement immediate protection. 

However, I'd suggest a concern could be for those who would recognise the injected antibody as foreign, could cause some serious immune issues there. 

On 25/12/2020 at 12:46, Crinklyfox said:

A paper (not yet peer reviewed) has been produced by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine on the new Covid-19 variant, link below.  They conclude that this variant is 56% more transmissible than the previous variant and that in order to bring the R value below 1 primary schools, secondary schools and universities would have to close.

https://cmmid.github.io/topics/covid19/reports/uk-novel-variant/2020_12_23_Transmissibility_and_severity_of_VOC_202012_01_in_England.pdf

Interesting. Wonder what the peer review process with throw up

Our friend and neighbour works for the ambulance service as an emergency care assistant and has been a colleague of mine. As she was at work on Christmas day, we said we'd have her husband and 2 grown up kids at ours for Christmas dinner. It was a good night tbf.

Got a phone call from her this afternoon to say she'd tested positive for Covid yesterday. 

Now it's a waiting game.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

Our friend and neighbour works for the ambulance service as an emergency care assistant and has been a colleague of mine. As she was at work on Christmas day, we said we'd have her husband and 2 grown up kids at ours for Christmas dinner. It was a good night tbf.

Got a phone call from her this afternoon to say she'd tested positive for Covid yesterday. 

Now it's a waiting game.

Shit. Hope shes okay and you and her family wont get it.

We got the bloody "UK" corona virus over here now in Canada. Thanks  guys! 

13 hours ago, Parafox said:

Now it's a waiting game.

Hope it's a negative for you and family.

Bad call though inviting people over even in the same tier/ road especially if they're working in a front line sector such as a care assistant like you?

I haven't seen or visited my family for nearly 5 months even though we're an hour or so away which makes me feel like crap.

"It's been a shit year. Knew it'd end in tiers!"

• Like 1

My wife’s sister is a teacher in London and her school had to close a week early due to no staff due to all catching or having to isolate due to covid. She caught it last week and she found out yesterday the head teacher of  the school had passed away due to covid. 

• Sad 1

On 25/12/2020 at 20:16, Heathrow fox said:

Surely our fanbase must be top of the league when it comes to intelligence.

In reflection of this, we have some very clever songs and chants as well which you may already be familiar with -

"Leicester Leicester Leicester Leicester Leicester Leicester, Leicester"

This one's slightly tricker and harder to master, but well worth it -

"Leicestershire la la la la Leicestershire la la la"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

In reflection of this, we have some very clever songs and chants as well which you may already be familiar with -

Tbf to Heathrow we do have some very intelligent posters on here with the likes of you, LeicsMac, Koftkino, Samson etc.

The problem is we also have the likes of Costock, Dr the Singh and Mike Oxlong which drags the average right down :D

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

I hope some of the replies are pisstaking rather than serious but I fear its the latter rather than the former, scary.

Clearly just reading the post and getting their knickers in a twist instantly.

I can't help but laugh, but the bigger picture is that winding people up about this only serves to make the differences of opinion worse. People who see this and are responding seriously will just be patting themselves on the back and telling others about these idiots online who are actually just obvious trolls.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Tbf to Heathrow we do have some very intelligent posters on here with the likes of you, LeicsMac, Koftkino, Samson etc.

The problem is we also have the likes of Costock, Dr the Singh and Mike Oxlong which drags the average right down :D

Yeh but its Wildcard like me that helps to Balance it out :bounce:...and helps to bring some sort of decouram..:whistle:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, newfox1 said:

Hope it's a negative for you and family.

Bad call though inviting people over even in the same tier/ road especially if they're working in a front line sector such as a care assistant like you?

I haven't seen or visited my family for nearly 5 months even though we're an hour or so away which makes me feel like crap.

"It's been a shit year. Knew it'd end in tiers!"

All frontline ambulance staff have to self test every 2 days that they are on duty. Her last test was the 23rd Dec and was negative but it does show you can't be complacent. There were 7 of us on Christmas day (4 of us and 3 of them) and we kept it fairly short, in that we ate at 5pm and they left at 10pm. Worry is though that we were playing card games and obviously we all were touching the cards. We'll see what happens but so far no one other than her has shown any symptoms.

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

All frontline ambulance staff have to self test every 2 days that they are on duty. Her last test was the 23rd Dec and was negative but it does show you can't be complacent. There were 7 of us on Christmas day (4 of us and 3 of them) and we kept it fairly short, in that we ate at 5pm and they left at 10pm. Worry is though that we were playing card games and obviously we all were touching the cards. We'll see what happens but so far no one other than her has shown any symptoms.

Agreed and you're right about the complacent part. 5-10pm isn't short though?? Or is it!

Again. Hopefully, you all are negative but must be worrying nevertheless.

God bless.

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

You say that but at least I know where the @ button is lol 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

If you read the Mercedes statement of the timeline of when Lewis Hamilton* got it, I'd take those negative tests with a pinch of salt. Everyone in the team was tested three times in the week prior to the race on the Sunday, the last person he was in contact with who tested positive was back in the UK a week before. He was tested 3 times in Bahrain a week before the race, all negative and wasn't positive until the Monday after the race on Sunday. It seems he caught it back in England and had it for a whole week whilst testing negative. It just highlights what a shitty thing this virus is, you can have and have no idea, even the tests don't know.

*btw I don't care what people think of Hamilton, I just think its interesting seeing a timeline of someone regularly tested who ended up testing positive. Especially when all their close contacts were being tested too.

16 hours ago, Line-X said:

You got it wrong. Only three la's :P

Difficult one though as you say.