Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

It’s like Groundhog Day. Has said person explained how the logistics of that work yet? Given we’re doing a pretty poor job of protecting the vulnerable whilst trying to limit its prevelance elsewhere, it seems rather ambitious to think they could be protected with even less effort to stem its spread.

Idk but personally I’d reserve all shopping delivery slots for the vulnerable, a lot of the elderly don’t have to go out to work etc, so can shield without worrying about losing their homes and jobs.

I agree we’re not doing a particularly good job whilst trying to protect everyone, maybe if we were protecting fewer people we may make a better job of things.

The cost of the furlough scheme itself probably could of paid the wages of every vulnerable person in employment ten times over.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'd get tested if I were you. If my work place is anything to go by, the symptoms aren't a great indicator of whether you've got it. We've had a load of confirmed cases and no two have been the same symptoms wise

What symptoms did people have? Curious as back in late Feb I had a full blown cold with conjunctivitis and then randomly vomiting, 4 days later the other half had a temp, sore throat and a cough.

Also, Christmas Day was with my sister and mum. Since then, we have all had a head ache and sore throat but nothing major.

6 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Still seeing plenty of folk walking into shops without wearing a mask and not being challenged. Mind you, when they are, they only need to say 'I'm exempt' and it is accepted.

No mask. No entry. No exceptions.

Surely they are only putting there self at risk unless there walking around the shop coughing not sure I've seen anyone do that 

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Surely they are only putting there self at risk unless there walking around the shop coughing not sure I've seen anyone do that 

The mask stop your potential covid air droplet on others. You could be asymptomatic and breathing covid all over the place.

23 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Still seeing plenty of folk walking into shops without wearing a mask and not being challenged. Mind you, when they are, they only need to say 'I'm exempt' and it is accepted.

No mask. No entry. No exceptions.

Half of these exemptions are bullshit.. my flat mate has severe asthma still wears one all day, the other has lung problems and still wears it. 

37 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

What symptoms did people have? Curious as back in late Feb I had a full blown cold with conjunctivitis and then randomly vomiting, 4 days later the other half had a temp, sore throat and a cough.

Also, Christmas Day was with my sister and mum. Since then, we have all had a head ache and sore throat but nothing major.

I just had low level flu type symptoms - fatigue and muscle aches mainly. Lost sense of taste, but not for long - less than 2 days. My wife was similar, but was more disorientated, describing it like having a bad hangover. At my work every confirmed case had different symptoms, some just like normal coughs/colds, others chronic breathing issues and some with barely anything e.g. "itchy ears". Every confirmed case had symptoms of some sort, although of course we may have had some asymptomatic cases that didn't get tested

25 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

From the way I understand it it’s the complete opposite. If you and I are stood talking to eachother, both wearing masks, then the droplets we’re both producing are being limited by the masks. If we’re stood talking to eachother and I don’t have a mask on, then all the tiny germs that my gob is spouting out is likely to be heading straight into your eyes. 

21 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Half of these exemptions are bullshit.. my flat mate has severe asthma still wears one all day, the other has lung problems and still wears it. 

Yep, my mums other half has breathing problems and wears one. People just looking for an excuse.

You can buy these exemption lanyards online, or get them in tesco. A friend, who's disabled son is genuinely exempt just went up to customer services in tesco and asked for a spare.

I understand we should be understanding of mental health issues, and we have a great depression thread on here so not dismissing all cases, but we all know some people are throwing anxiety out there as an excuse to get out of wearing a mask.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

You’re protecting yourself by wearing a mask but not completely. You only have to go out on a cold night and see your air rise out of the mask. If one of these people not wearing a mask has covid then those particles are  going to be much more likely to pollute the air and someone potentially breathe them in, then if the cough had have been mostly caught by a mask. 

im not a scientist and might be charting out my back side but I think common sense eludes to the above. 

11 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Why are the nightingale hospitals not being used for Covid patients? 

I thought we had 14,000 doctors and nurses coming back to help? 

They've been closed down.

Heard of a situation where someone had volunteered only to be told they could help out by managing a queue.

As for admissions to hospital, when are the govt going to concede that lockdown measures are ineffective at keeping numbers out of hospital?  They're running out of legroom and the seasonal timing this time is against them.  

Should of sorted the capacity issue out in the last 9 months instead we throw billions at everything else to manage the capacity issue and at the end of all this we still have a capacity issue.  Either that or a recruitment issue.

Secondly, I'm amazed at the numbers of people going for tests in a holiday period.  Would have thought it would be lower numbers going, not the other way round.  Cue the kids going back and the testing issues will cause more chaos.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

One shop I saw now says you HAVE to wear a mask and if you are exempt from them, a shield. No exceptions. 

How is should be in my opinion. My mum’s breathing is awful as a severe asthmatic.... and she wears a face covering. If her breathing was any worse she’d be on an oxygen tank. So if she will wear one, surely most people can? 

Guest Harrydc
4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

How is should be in my opinion. My mum’s breathing is awful as a severe asthmatic.... and she wears a face covering. If her breathing was any worse she’d be on an oxygen tank. So if she will wear one, surely most people can? 

There are other exemptions that are not simply breathing related. 

1 minute ago, Harrydc said:

There are other exemptions that are not simply breathing related. 

I understand that, but that’s the most common complaint, when I’ve been on the presence of those justifying why they won’t wear one it is either, a government conspiracy, or they can’t breath in one.

I'm asthmatic and have had pneumonia 10+ times. Possibly 20+ times. I wear a mask.

I can see both sides but my conclusion is that everyone should wear one.

To be clear, it is absolutely uncomfortable for me to wear one, as it does make it harder for me to breathe; but equally, I understand the reasons for it and its usually for fairly short periods and its mostly things that I could simply 'not do' if necessary.

As for those where it can cause panic/ anxiety etc, I can't comment.