Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Absolutely everything needs to be thrown at the vaccination program now. No excuses, no bullshit, just get it fvcking done.

And mass testing and the vulnerable shielding. That should do it.or just close everything and open boozers, give that a try. Perhaps it's the missing link 😂

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The schools re-opening will fook this up even more surely?

Rumour is schools in Tier 4 will remain closed. Will soon find out as there's a statement coming about this anyway.

As someone who works in a school I don't want to be going back whilst the level of infection is as high as it is and especially now that kids look like they're just as contagious as adults!

• Like 1

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

Rumour is schools in Tier 4 will remain closed. Will soon find out as there's a statement coming about this anyway.

As someone who works in a school I don't want to be going back whilst the level of infection is as high as it is and especially now that kids look like they're just as contagious as adults!

Haven't kids always been as contagious as adults? I've seen quite a few people say this over the course of the past few weeks, but as far as I was aware children always spread this virus, they just didn't show symptoms and it doesn't really effect them?

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Haven't kids always been as contagious as adults? I've seen quite a few people say this over the course of the past few weeks, but as far as I was aware children always spread this virus, they just didn't show symptoms and it doesn't really effect them?

There's been evidence that primary school kids have vary rarely passed on Covid to other pupils and staff. Certainly from what I've seen firsthand I can vouch for that.

Our outbreaks have only really been in older children and between staff which was always going to be the biggest and most likely way of spreading.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

My situation is very complicated and I have no idea how the rules affect me. Any help would be appreciated:

I live in Syston with my wife (no kids). We're in the process of moving to Barnsley (hopefully in the next couple of weeks). I work in Doncaster and have no way of working from home currently, but I will do when I move to Barnsley. My in-laws live near to Barnsley and since I started my job in the summer I've been staying with them during the week as they're in our bubble (I think - who even knows what a bubble is any more?!). My wife can't stay at our house on her own because she struggles with mental health issues which are made worse by the fact that we have the neighbours from hell. Because of this, she's been coming up with me to stay with her parents during the week. We just come back home at weekends to do a bit of packing ahead of the move.

How much of this will we still be able to do? If I can't work from home (Syston) and can't go into the office (Doncaster) I'll lose my job.

House moves are exempt from restrictions as it the need to work. Sounds like you'll be fine continuing to do what you've been doing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

There's been evidence that primary school kids have vary rarely passed on Covid to other pupils and staff. Certainly from what I've seen firsthand I can vouch for that.

Our outbreaks have only really been in older children and between staff which was always going to be the biggest and most likely way of spreading.

Fair enough, didn't know that, cheers!

Schools close so kids don't spread the virus....Same kids don't need to wear face mask when out and about?

So if a 6 year old coughs and gives it to my nan, it's a lot less worse than if another adult did.

There's so much lack of clarity since it all began, I've lost all trust in what the government says.

Il take the necessary safety measures such as wearing a mask etc but there's no way I'm being a prisoner in my own home.

Edited by adejo92

This just popped up from a friend's timeline - and she is not the type to publish without good reason.

The following came in an email from a friend.

PAY ATTENTION.

I'm writing this from the middle of one of the most ridiculous night shifts. I'm really trying to not be hyperbolic when I say this, but the health service, specifically north London hospitals, is past breaking point. I cannot fully explain how much trouble we are in.
All of our intensive care units are full. Barnet, Royal Free, UCLH, North Middlesex. All of our hospital beds are full. We have patients on the verge of death in A&E department because there's simply nowhere to put them if they need a ventilator. I'm not talking about the elderly and frail. I mean people in their 40s, 50s, 60s. We do not have the space in our hospitals nor the staff to look after any more patients. Not only covid patients, I mean anything.
Please don't mix with other households. Not even your families. Not your friends. Not your mum or your dad. Not even if "I only see them" or "they don't see anyone else". You may think people are being careful but the reality is there's no such thing. Any human contact will spread this virus, especially the new mutant strain.
People are complaining that cancer services and routine operations are being put on hold because of lockdown and covid. This is so patently ridiculous a complaint but I need to address it. Hospitals are so overwhelmed dealing with emergency care right now that it is impossible to deal with anything else. It's not only covid emergency care, it's everything. This is the direct result and the logical conclusion of allowing the virus to rampantly spread through out communities as we have done.
I'm sorry if this sounds preachy, but it needs to be said. We need to take more responsibility for our own health and that of the rest of our local communities. We need to do the right thing. That's all this comes down to - doing the right thing. Not seeing other people. Not going into other people's houses. Don't invite people over. Not even to the garden. If you must see people, do it two metres away with masks. Forget whatever rules the government has made for us - it's clear they have largely not been based on what needs to be done to drive down infections. Just act as if everyone you know has just tested positive and you need to avoid them like - quite literally - the plague.”
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

My situation is very complicated and I have no idea how the rules affect me. Any help would be appreciated:

I live in Syston with my wife (no kids). We're in the process of moving to Barnsley (hopefully in the next couple of weeks). I work in Doncaster and have no way of working from home currently, but I will do when I move to Barnsley. My in-laws live near to Barnsley and since I started my job in the summer I've been staying with them during the week as they're in our bubble (I think - who even knows what a bubble is any more?!). My wife can't stay at our house on her own because she struggles with mental health issues which are made worse by the fact that we have the neighbours from hell. Because of this, she's been coming up with me to stay with her parents during the week. We just come back home at weekends to do a bit of packing ahead of the move.

How much of this will we still be able to do? If I can't work from home (Syston) and can't go into the office (Doncaster) I'll lose my job.

Common sense must apply in scenarios like this. It can't be illegal to care for your partner AND want to keep a job. Just keep doing what your doing, maintain social distancing etc and don't be guilted in to thinking you're some form of criminal because people might want to paint you as one. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Horrifying..... and yet the message still fails to sink in.......

Beginning to make my blood boil. I posted a day or two ago about an awful lot of people not wearing masks in shops. Seen it again today waiting for Mrs. FFF outside a Tesco express, half those going in/out had no mask on.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes