Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Not sure. I think they're trying to resist a national lockdown as much as possible, hence the Tier 4 restrictions being staggered around the country.

Maybe pinning hopes on vaccine being a resounding success. Especially given that people should be receiving their 2nd dose of Pfizer, and with the Oxford one being rolled out next week...

Will be a while until enough people are vaccinated IMO.

12 weeks is my guess, anything better is a bonus!

The tier system obviously does not work, how can this new variant spread if a tier 4 restriction was placed in the areas where the new variant was present? Either there was too much of a delay in attempting to stop it spreading, or people weren't abiding by the rules. There should be one tier for the whole country, it's the only way to control the spread. 

My situation is very complicated and I have no idea how the rules affect me. Any help would be appreciated:

I live in Syston with my wife (no kids). We're in the process of moving to Barnsley (hopefully in the next couple of weeks). I work in Doncaster and have no way of working from home currently, but I will do when I move to Barnsley. My in-laws live near to Barnsley and since I started my job in the summer I've been staying with them during the week as they're in our bubble (I think - who even knows what a bubble is any more?!). My wife can't stay at our house on her own because she struggles with mental health issues which are made worse by the fact that we have the neighbours from hell. Because of this, she's been coming up with me to stay with her parents during the week. We just come back home at weekends to do a bit of packing ahead of the move.

How much of this will we still be able to do? If I can't work from home (Syston) and can't go into the office (Doncaster) I'll lose my job.

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The tier system obviously does not work, how can this new variant spread if a tier 4 restriction was placed in the areas where the new variant was present? Either there was too much of a delay in attempting to stop it spreading, or people weren't abiding by the rules. There should be one tier for the whole country, it's the only way to control the spread. 

I'm with you. Surely it'd be far simpler for starters. Whether you're Tier 3 or 4, there's not a lot to enjoy. 

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

My situation is very complicated and I have no idea how the rules affect me. Any help would be appreciated:

I live in Syston with my wife (no kids). We're in the process of moving to Barnsley (hopefully in the next couple of weeks). I work in Doncaster and have no way of working from home currently, but I will do when I move to Barnsley. My in-laws live near to Barnsley and since I started my job in the summer I've been staying with them during the week as they're in our bubble (I think - who even knows what a bubble is any more?!). My wife can't stay at our house on her own because she struggles with mental health issues which are made worse by the fact that we have the neighbours from hell. Because of this, she's been coming up with me to stay with her parents during the week. We just come back home at weekends to do a bit of packing ahead of the move.

How much of this will we still be able to do? If I can't work from home (Syston) and can't go into the office (Doncaster) I'll lose my job.

You'll be sound, it's pretty essential so just crack on.

• Like 2

Once you close schools, it's difficult to reopen them but i think delaying them going back for a short period is right thing to do. Whether it will make a difference i don't know, but if there is evidence of spreading in schools it makes sense to shut them now rather than February and March. 

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It’s been a colossal **** up since February, nothing will change really until this vaccine takes hold.  

• Like 3