Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

8 hours ago, MattFox said:

Sunday Times saying Leicester could be the first place to have a local lockdown !

Would it be the whole of Leicester or the places it is affecting the most like evington etc? Thought something like this would happen as soon as he mentioned us on the news the first time 

Strange concept - local lockdowns .... if everyone was maintaining social distancing and the isolation rules then there wouldn’t be a flare up in the first place 

the fact there is a flare up means that there are quite a few people not following the rules.  And if there is a local lockdown then surely those same people will continue to flout the rules .....

so the only way to enforce a local lockdown is actually the Chinese way which is you throw a ring around the area and no one comes in or leaves until it’s under control ........ that won’t happen ......

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Really can see this happening this week, although I’m not sure if it’ll mean the whole of Leicester or just certain areas

To work effectively it would need to be the whole of Leicester, I can't see how it could be made to work though.

It would need some tough enforcement.

My only relaxation of the lockdown, still pretty much isolated was to watch the Brighton game in my son's back garden with just him and me. Even then I wish I hadn't bothered and wont be repeating it for the Chelsea game as it isn't worth the risk considering the entertainment I got.

I shall continue with my lockdown levels whatever the relaxations are until I feel it's safe. As I've said previously I'm in lockdown for me not just because there are rules/laws/guidance for it even if people are ignoring it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

After what I've seen over the last couple of weeks, I doubt I'm gonna jump on board again. Every Tom dick and Harry going for a holiday, mass groups of people at events and beaches. People throwing shit at police or launching fireworks at buildings. 

**** em. If they can all act like complete cvnts with impunity then I think me continuing to see my family falls under fair game. 

Yeah I meant the people on the beaches etc as soon as Cummings got caught for doing what he did people just went on a free for all instead of using their heads and carry on being sensible. Apart from work we have had our kids off since March and they have left the house 3 times in the since just to go for a walk round the park early in the morning and that has only been recently. Just don’t see how they will get people on board again with it again now. 

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

Yeah I meant the people on the beaches etc as soon as Cummings got caught for doing what he did people just went on a free for all instead of using their heads and carry on being sensible. Apart from work we have had our kids off since March and they have left the house 3 times in the since just to go for a walk round the park early in the morning and that has only been recently. Just don’t see how they will get people on board again with it again now. 

I suspect a lot of these people don't even know who Cummings is they seem to be devoid of any knowledge or common sense re the Virus, I'd wager most would be down on those beaches and outside Anfield irrespective of Cummingsgate. There were plenty around my neck of the woods ignoring the lockdown before he popped up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Think it's an easy way for people to tell themselves what they're doing is ok. I'm pissed off at what Cummings did too, but if him going for a drive is the excuse for street parties and shit then I think it's bonkers.

_113127673_clapham.jpg

I mean just ****ing look at the state of that ffs. :dry:

24 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

After what I've seen over the last couple of weeks, I doubt I'm gonna jump on board again. Every Tom dick and Harry going for a holiday, mass groups of people at events and beaches. People throwing shit at police or launching fireworks at buildings. 

**** em. If they can all act like complete cvnts with impunity then I think me continuing to see my family falls under fair game. 

I see your point, me and the missus were talking about this yesterday when we were inside all day seeing what other people were doing / who they were meeting up with. Someone we know apparently had a full on family and friends BBQ, 20 or so in a small back garden.

I used to think they were the idiots but you see that crap and you start to think 'are we the mugs here by following the rules when everyone else us breaking them with no repercussions?' 

No wonder gyms / tattoo artists , etc feel they've been treating badly for not being able to open next weekend.

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Think it's an easy way for people to tell themselves what they're doing is ok. I'm pissed off at what Cummings did too, but if him going for a drive is the excuse for street parties and shit then I think it's bonkers.

_113127673_clapham.jpg

It’s crazy when you look at things like that. Wish it would have just pissed it down with rain the whole time then there would be no one out and about. People queuing up for ikea and primark as soon as they open as well is ridiculous 

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

I suspect a lot of these people don't even know who Cummings is they seem to be devoid of any knowledge or common sense re the Virus, I'd wager most would be down on those beaches and outside Anfield irrespective of Cummingsgate. There were plenty around my neck of the woods ignoring the lockdown before he popped up.

You are probably right they may not know who he is it probably just looked like more people were out after it was on the news about him. The news probably went out looking more and tried to blame it on someone even tho there was loads of people already doing what they wanted 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Md9 said:

It’s crazy when you look at things like that. Wish it would have just pissed it down with rain the whole time then there would be no one out and about. People queuing up for ikea and primark as soon as they open as well is ridiculous 

Why?  As long a social distancing is observed (and that’s more likely in a commercial environment ) then why is it a  problem 

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

_113127673_clapham.jpg

Ultimately, yes, each individual is responsible for their own actions. But the government's failure to deal with the Cummings affair showed there would be no consequences for such reckless behaviour and therefore made it almost unpoliceable. That's the true consequence of it, and it's just snowballed ever since.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Ultimately, yes, each individual is responsible for their own actions. But the government's failure to deal with the Cummings affair showed there would be no consequences for such reckless behaviour and therefore made it almost unpoliceable. That's the true consequence of it, and it's just snowballed ever since.

Cummings should have gone, as should Jenrick, but using Cummings as an excuse (Which is what it is) for your own disregarding of guidelines speaks as much for the individual ignoring the rules as it does when Cummings did. Bad behaviour need not lead to bad behaviour, to assume as much would suggest such people look at themselves through critical eyes.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why?  As long a social distancing is observed (and that’s more likely in a commercial environment ) then why is it a  problem 

Just seems like people could have waited a day or 2 more once places open to let things calm down instead of queuing up for 3 hours. I hate shopping thats probably why I think it’s ridiculous 😂

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Wot a crock, lockdown fatigue, the sun blaring down, BLM rallies, Scousers on the streets, illegally raves and parties have nothing to do with the Cummingsgate the odd person saying fec it I’ll drive to me mums yes but the hundreds of thousands of others do me a favour and let that 1 go.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

The headline of the article I pulled that picture from. :unsure:

Two illegal street parties in London closed down by police

Two out of how many though?

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Cummings should have gone, as should Jenrick, but using Cummings as an excuse (Which is what it is) for your own disregarding of guidelines speaks as much for the individual ignoring the rules as it does when Cummings did. Bad behaviour need not lead to bad behaviour, to assume as much would suggest such people look at themselves through critical eyes.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

See I don't get this Cummings joyride being the cause for this. Surely people should be following the lockdown guidance for their own, their families and their friends safety not because the government says they should. It just seems to be a big excuse for people's selfishness and ignorance.

We have millions of rules and regulations that the overwhelming majority of people follow they don't just ignore them because they see someone else doing it so why should it be used as a justification with this Virus?

Absolutely agree with both of these points, and the likes of us as responsible citizens won't have altered our behaviour at all as a result.

My point though is not that it's a reasonable excuse for people to use when they behave like twats (it's not), rather that it's since been much harder to police that behaviour on a legal level - and, perhaps more importantly, on a social level too. The government relied on widespread goodwill from the public to stick by the restrictions, and then betrayed that goodwill when they defended him. I don't think the same appetite to condemn these actions now exists either on a societal level or within individual peer groups, hence the more selfish elements of our society feeling they can take liberties knowing they won't face either legal or social consequences for doing so.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Just seems like people could have waited a day or 2 more once places open to let things calm down instead of queuing up for 3 hours. I hate shopping thats probably why I think it’s ridiculous 😂

You’re right - they could but human nature being what it is ........

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Wot a crock, lockdown fatigue, the sun blaring down, BLM rallies, Scousers on the streets, illegally raves and parties have nothing to do with the Cummingsgate the odd person saying fec it I’ll drive to me mums yes but the hundreds of thousands of others do me a favour and let that 1 go.

I do question whether the BLM rallies and far-right counter-rallies would have happened to the same extent without that catalyst though. We'll never know.

Obviously there are other factors involved too, but it doesn't mean that the government's response to his actions haven't somewhat caused a change in attitude among certain elements of the population since. Again, I'm not saying that's right!

15 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Cummings is just being used as an excuse for people to break the rules. 

The problem is the failure to come down hard on these BLM protests, Liverpool supporters out celebrating and other mass gatherings that have left people thinking why should I bother.

If Leicester is locked down it will need to be the whole city and will have to policed heavily for it to work.

Based on Germany, a local lockdown would only be in place for two weeks. But it would be impossible to police, would Leicestershire be fine? If not what if I live in Castle Donington which is on the border?

Edited by Lionator