Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I do not think "don't be a bunch of  tw@ts" needs to appear in any legislation. 

That would be a very poor precedent to set.

The Government have been poor, but this is a different thing and does in no way excuse selfish behaviour.

Totally agree however we know not all people follow laws that dictate they will lose their freedom if they break them so to expect everyone to follow government advice that results in hardly any repercussions isn’t going to happen is it.

The police should be out writing up fines left right and centre.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

(Apologies for putting this in the wrong thread earlier.    It is coronavirus related, and not football specific)

Nice to see 1000's of Liverpool folk having a good party last night.   Lots of dancing, singing and general merriment.

Who will be to blame if there is an increase in infections and deaths up there in a few weeks time?   The Police?   Ambulance service?  City Council? The FA?  Government?

The same people responsible when they all went to the beach in May, the VE day celebrations, the BLM protests, the protect the statues party, the BLM music events this week.  

Can anyone point me to the spike in infections after the first three of those?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Has there been a spike in case numbers following both sets of protests we saw recently? 

I thought generally case numbers and of course deaths are coming down and there was a lot of talk at the time (myself included) that both sets of protests won't help with case numbers and trying to bring those numbers down and maintained at a low level. 

The same can be said of yesterday in Liverpool - will there be localised spikes there? 

As @Leicester_Loyal said next week is gonna be carnage. Not a chance I'll be heading to a pub cos it'll be full of idiots not minding their own business and letting their desperation get the better of them, even though pubs will have policies in place to be at limited capacity and probably on a pre-book/registration service? You'll get loads of people turning up thinking it'll be normal service resumed but kick up a fuss when they get turned away, then no doubt take it on the staff there :(

Number of deaths for Thurs and Fri higher this week than last. 

We'll know more in the next few days if that means a general increase

• Like 1

I now don’t think allowing travellers from these countries to come here without isolating is going to be an issue, with track and trace working correctly it should be ok.

Someone travelling back from a country that has less cases than us a day means realistically the risk is no higher than going to the supermarket. Where we ****ed up previously was by letting people who had been exposed to people with symptoms just come back into the population. I had a situation at work where someone on my team came back from India and the guy in front of her was very ill on the flight with suspected COVID. She wasn’t told to isolate and I had to tell her not to come to work, that’s woeful and to me explains how we got into the mess we did.

Seen a good point made about how the government appear to given up on reopening schools. It seems a bit of half arsed bid to kick start economy by reopening the hospitality and tourism industries but have people unable to take up jobs due to child care issues. 

We appear to be comfortable that the infection rate just stays hovering at the rate it is now. Rather than actively lowering it and trying to get schools back into operation. 

19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Seen a good point made about how the government appear to given up on reopening schools. It seems a bit of half arsed bid to kick start economy by reopening the hospitality and tourism industries but have people unable to take up jobs due to child care issues. 

We appear to be comfortable that the infection rate just stays hovering at the rate it is now. Rather than actively lowering it and trying to get schools back into operation. 

The issue centres around the fact that teachers and staff get paid whether they're in school or not. They're not bothered how the economy performs because they get paid anyway. Their union said that they won't be going back until it's safe to do so which to me says. they won't be going back until theirs either a working vaccine and everyone has had it or the virus has been completely eradicated. We may be talking 2 or 3 years. It's okay thinking that setting work at home etc is going to work, but it's not, it's all seems very rosy to start with "look how well everyone is doing, blah, blah, blah", try that for a year and everyone will start realising it's just a massive piss take. The only option the government will end up having is to stop their wages, or half them, to get them to go back.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The issue centres around the fact that teachers and staff get paid whether they're in school or not. They're not bothered how the economy performs because they get paid anyway. Their union said that they won't be going back until it's safe to do so which to me says. they won't be going back until theirs either a working vaccine and everyone has had it or the virus has been completely eradicated. We may be talking 2 or 3 years. It's okay thinking that setting work at home etc is going to work, but it's not, it's all seems very rosy to start with "look how well everyone is doing, blah, blah, blah", try that for a year and everyone will start realising it's just a massive piss take. The only option the government will end up having is to stop their wages, or half them, to get them to go back.

My daughter's back at school with a class of under 5s and has been for several weeks you try social distancing them so let's not generalise too much.

• Like 2

I don't know how we compare with other big Cities but we seem to be having a few outbreaks what with 2 Sainsbury's stores and now this

Merc

Samworth Brothers has confirmed members of staff at its Leicester sandwich making factory have contracted coronavirus.

The company said there had been a small number of cases in recent weeks of workers at the Bradgate Bakery, in Beaumont Leys, testing positive for Covid-19 out of the 1,500 who work over its sites in Madeleine Road and Ashton Green Road.

A member of staff contacted LeicestershireLive to say there had been cases of the illness among colleagues after Health secretary Matt Hancock announced in a Downing Street press conference there had been an outbreak of the virus in the city.

The company did not say how many of its employees had contracted the virus but said it amounted to "just a handful or so".

29 minutes ago, davieG said:

I don't know how we compare with other big Cities but we seem to be having a few outbreaks what with 2 Sainsbury's stores and now this

Merc

Samworth Brothers has confirmed members of staff at its Leicester sandwich making factory have contracted coronavirus.

The company said there had been a small number of cases in recent weeks of workers at the Bradgate Bakery, in Beaumont Leys, testing positive for Covid-19 out of the 1,500 who work over its sites in Madeleine Road and Ashton Green Road.

A member of staff contacted LeicestershireLive to say there had been cases of the illness among colleagues after Health secretary Matt Hancock announced in a Downing Street press conference there had been an outbreak of the virus in the city.

The company did not say how many of its employees had contracted the virus but said it amounted to "just a handful or so".

Seems to be a link with food processing plants. 

Now is that in relation to the actual preparation of food as per the origin of the virus or is it the high density of people within these workplaces 

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Now is that in relation to the actual preparation of food as per the origin of the virus or is it the high density of people within these workplaces 

Not sure how the 2 Sainsbury stores, Melton Road/Humberstone Gate fit into that, not really processing food as such and I wouldn't have though particularly high density work places but do see a lot of customers but then so do all the other Supermarkets..

34 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

21 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not sure how the 2 Sainsbury stores, Melton Road/Humberstone Gate fit into that, not really processing food as such and I wouldn't have though particularly high density work places but do see a lot of customers but then so do all the other Supermarkets..

Car sharing could also have something to do with it. They'll be loads of workers and some will live near each other so will probably commute together. I see it a lot at Walkers near the city centre.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, davieG said:

Just going off some of the other outbreaks across the country and also the McVities factory in Leicester 

• Like 1