Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Done that,seen that,experienced that,speak & Work in 4 languages,Not One T-Shirt Left on the shelf,Not One Books Page Left unturned,held my drink without any embarrasing regrets, Danced the fandango, travelled all corners,fought 4 times cancer,exchanged experienced,instructed and Chatted with more clever indigenous Persons than have OTT Claims of the English language on this very simple Football forum.....

Yet still can't find a fuching space bar...

:P

• Haha 1

So we did a “Cummings” yesterday. (Not really)

We took my son to an undisclosed location, met my parents there and he went home with them. We, and they see shops and immediate family only, so are essentially isolated. He is not back at school. They are essentially in our bubble.

So they take him to their house in Leicester and the feckin place gets a threat of lockdown.  Ffs.   :mad:

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Yet still can't find a fuching space bar...

:P

I can,  my tablet  seems to show me different result  to what it throws out even with previous set saved Checks  cant be bothered to keep correcting format..!!

and every fuching type....Plus with my medicine routine,I am spaced out enough and bars are a rarity ....Thank you!:beer:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Is it only for public places then? I thought it was pretty safe to be outside. I'd imagine it'll only be done to stop pubs and stuff opening, to halt the spread a bit. People will just visit other houses etc.

Had a heavy night last night and I've woken up to all this newslol

Can be anywhere, just used those as examples.

With buildings you're more likely to get Closure orders or threats of licenses being taken away (for pubs/restaurants).

Was in Leicester yesterday for the first time in months. Walked through Vicky park and couldn’t believe it. Some many young lads were playing football on the astro even though the gates were locked, then just so many standing next to each other watching. At least 30 of them, no wonder there are a lot of cases atm. 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Done that,seen that,experienced that,speak & Work in 4 languages,Not One T-Shirt Left on the shelf,Not One Books Page Left unturned,held my drink without any embarrasing regrets, Danced the fandango, travelled all corners,fought 4 times cancer,exchanged experienced,instructed and Chatted with more clever indigenous Persons than have OTT Claims of the English language on this very simple Football forum.....

I am Happy with my lot....!! 

Please Continue to  Feel open,facetious and carry your can....freely as the can...can..:banana:

Bit conceited

Guest Fktf
3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How are they gonna police this? They can't stop a few lads in London chucking objects at them or ensure the Scousers are sent home rather than left to gather. It's just more bullshit like the quarantine that untimately they won't be able to police properly.

In terms cutting infection pathways, it doesn't really matter if we can't police the rules to achieve 100% compliance with them. For all the people we see flouting the rules, there's many more people who will follow them without needing police enforcement. The lockdown wasn't followed by everyone, but enough people followed the rules to bring the virus under control. 

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Was in Leicester yesterday for the first time in months. Walked through Vicky park and couldn’t believe it. Some many young lads were playing football on the astro even though the gates were locked, then just so many standing next to each other watching. At least 30 of them, no wonder there are a lot of cases atm. 

I go to Leicester twice a week, and throughout the shutdown the city's population have flouted the rules.  Narborough road was like there was no shutdown, people drinking together in the streets, the parks were heaving with groups.  Not surprised infection rates are rising

There's absolutely zero chance of a local lockdown. Zilch. 

The government aren't leading the people. They are following. They don't determine lockdown rules any longer. The public do.  Err 1m distancing! Errrrr meet family In garden! Errr peaceful protest allowed! Errrr reluctant to shut beaches! 

33 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

There's absolutely zero chance of a local lockdown. Zilch. 

The government aren't leading the people. They are following. They don't determine lockdown rules any longer. The public do.  Err 1m distancing! Errrrr meet family In garden! Errr peaceful protest allowed! Errrr reluctant to shut beaches! 

Actually, you don’t realise how close to the truth that is via the focus groups ......

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Good to see we're still blaming some bloke employed by Boris for the situation we now find ourselves in, I'd be surprised if most of the idiots we've seen recently had even heard of him, never mind seen the coverage regarding him! 

I'm also pretty sure that people were acting like twats before we knew anything about Cummings, but hey ho, let's blame him anyway. Don't people have any sense of moral responsibility, or even just common sense anymore? 

My common sense tells me that a disease with numbers on par with the 2017 flu season, which continues to die out in spite of lockdown being lifted more and more, doesn't justify any change in behaviour from myself.

We didn't change our behaviour then, so why the huge panic now? 

Regardless, with workplace and school restrictions still in place for the foreseeable, that's going to have immeasurably higher impact on any potential controlling of numbers than the actions of individuals, if it were needed at all at this point.

Anyway, I'm confused. Your mates in number 10 are all for lifting lockdown, which you seem to be opposed to. Why is your anger directed at the actions of a handful of individuals and their actions, which in the grand scheme will have such a small impact in comparison to the wide reaching implications of government restrictions?

Bear in mind that during the full lockdown when the guidelines were very clear, I (and people I know that share my views) followed them to the letter. Now? Given the NHS can now cope. Given the virus is dying out. Given the restrictions are so blurred. Given they're not following their own rules. Given it's clear the only real reason to not open things back up faster is to avoid the fierce opposition to such a move (just look at the outcry from the measures already being lifted.) Nah. 

It's mental how fearful people have become. Absolutely bat shit mental. 

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I go to Leicester twice a week, and throughout the shutdown the city's population have flouted the rules.  Narborough road was like there was no shutdown, people drinking together in the streets, the parks were heaving with groups.  Not surprised infection rates are rising

serious question..

How is it around the suburbs and countryside...??

I'm not understanding the logic of govt sending an email at 1am to Soulsby requesting extending the lockdown for a further 2 weeks.

It's a bizarre way to operate things.  

I'm not sure what effect extending a lockdown on businesses will have since these businesses have had no effect on increasing cases since they've been shut?  Maybe I'm missing something.

Like the quarantine rules, bizarre and a great example of poor timing with regards to its implementation.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

3 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

Please take a look around the world.  There are a number of countries that have been experiencing a 'second wave' of coronavirus cases after lifting lockdown measures.  Whilst it is true that case numbers have been declining in the UK in recent weeks there is no reason to suspect that this means that the virus will go away.  It is still there and can be transmitted just as easily now as last March when the lockdown was imposed.

If cases do significantly increase again the government will be under pressure to re-impose lockdown measures, which few, including myself, want.  Our best way of avoiding this is not to return to our pre-lockdown way of life, which enabled spread of the virus at a R rate of around 3, but to apply as many of the lockdown measures as we can comfortably bear at the present time.

Upper respiratory tract infections in general, including the common cold and influenza, decline naturally during the summer months.  There are a number of theories for this, including that our immune systems are boosted by the increased vitamin D we receive from sunlight.  Unless Covid-19 acts in a manner unlike other upper respiratory tract infections, infections will increase in the autumn and winter.  Our best chance of getting through this in the absence of a vaccine is to take steps that ensure that case numbers are at their lowest possible before the onset of this period.

Which countries have experienced a second wave after loosening measures? I’ve had a look at Germany, Italy and Spain and their daily cases have largely remained low, apart from the obvious local outbreaks in German factories.

4 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

Please take a look around the world.  There are a number of countries that have been experiencing a 'second wave' of coronavirus cases after lifting lockdown measures.  Whilst it is true that case numbers have been declining in the UK in recent weeks there is no reason to suspect that this means that the virus will go away.  It is still there and can be transmitted just as easily now as last March when the lockdown was imposed.

If cases do significantly increase again the government will be under pressure to re-impose lockdown measures, which few, including myself, want.  Our best way of avoiding this is not to return to our pre-lockdown way of life, which enabled spread of the virus at a R rate of around 3, but to apply as many of the lockdown measures as we can comfortably bear at the present time.

Upper respiratory tract infections in general, including the common cold and influenza, decline naturally during the summer months.  There are a number of theories for this, including that our immune systems are boosted by the increased vitamin D we receive from sunlight.  Unless Covid-19 acts in a manner unlike other upper respiratory tract infections, infections will increase in the autumn and winter.  Our best chance of getting through this in the absence of a vaccine is to take steps that ensure that case numbers are at their lowest possible before the onset of this period.

I agree that until there is a treatment or vaccine we should continue to work from home and any indoor events or anything involving stadia shouldn't go ahead. That should be enough to avoid it growing to something that puts the NHS under pressure it can't handle again.

I just find it amazing that people genuinely think they are in any more danger now than they were before the virus. Especially those below the age of 60. But even those older than that should count themselves incredibly unlucky to die from it, just as you'd count yourself unlucky for being diagnosed with cancer.

All I'm trying to say is life goes on. There will be government restrictions in place to stop the virus ravaging the NHS again. Outside of that, people should try to enjoy their lives again rather than living in fear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wet Trump said:

Which countries have experienced a second wave after loosening measures? I’ve had a look at Germany, Italy and Spain and their daily cases have largely remained low, apart from the obvious local outbreaks in German factories.

China, Japan, South Korea and the USA spring to mind (though the USA could be considered to only have one spike, just one that became a lot worse after loosening restrictions).  These may not be as bad as the initial spike but show that the virus is still around.  I hope that we don't get a UK second spike but I feel that this depends on our behaviours rather than being something we expect not to happen.