Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

:frusty:

When the government suggested those over 70 should avoid the pub (when they were still open), he said he'd still go. Anx now this.

He's such a **** that gets away with it purely because he's a tv celebrity now days rather than a politician.

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/about_us/news/coronavirus-statistics

'Last Thursday it was revealed that one in four people (26%) who have died in hospital in England following a diagnosis of coronavirus also had diabetes. We know this statistic raised a lot more questions than it did answers, and it may have left you feeling increasingly worried.'

That's absolutely mental.

1 hour ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

has anyone seen a number of deaths recorded in the last 24 hours ? seen a couple of things on twitter but nothing official 

You kind of know when things stop being reported the way they were that there is some manipulation afoot.  I believe there is going to be a reduction of 30k positive tests announced .... it stood at 313k yesterday

8 hours ago, Nalis said:

When the government suggested those over 70 should avoid the pub (when they were still open), he said he'd still go. Anx now this.

He's such a **** that gets away with it purely because he's a tv celebrity now days rather than a politician.

There'll still be some folks willing to stand up for him. 

12 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

89 I think mate. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on this day, of 200,000 people who suspect they have symptoms (an estimate as number of people tested isn't published), only 576 are positive? So the percentage of those testing positive is 0.00288%?

That's really promising to see. 

Yeah average number of cases is dropping quite well.

Was 1,150 on June 20th. Is 792 now. Hopefully should be down to less than 200 or so in 2 or 3 weeks time if we the new measures don't affect things.

Average number of daily deaths is 109. 119 deaths or less today and the rolling 7 day average deaths drops to 100.

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on this day, of 200,000 people who suspect they have symptoms (an estimate as number of people tested isn't published), only 576 are positive? So the percentage of those testing positive is 0.00288%?

I don't know why we have just ordered 65million vaccine kits though if only a tiny percentage of the population is even effected ... a vaccine that has had no time or data could be lethal in the long run. What's the idea

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't know why we have just ordered 65million vaccine kits though if only a tiny percentage of the population is even effected ... a vaccine that has had no time or data could be lethal in the long run. What's the idea

the plan is to vaccinate as many as possible but i accept that once you get past 70%, it makes the virus pretty impotent …..maybe they will start with the vulnerable and elderly and work down. cant see the point in vaccinating children.

3 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

its not 200k.  i doubt its more than a hundred k and probably well below that now. 

and remember that anyone who has a snivel or a bit of a temperature will be worrying and getting a test

Edited by st albans fox

So is anyone not Leicester based going to a pub today? Whilst I'm out and about I might see how busy they are during the day, won't be going near one in the evening. 

Probably naive and give people too much credit but I don't think it will be as bad as some are suggesting and most will be sensible, although I'm interested to see how town centre pubs/bars manage the evening clientele. 

There will be exceptions of course and there will be lots of people going to a pub just to take a picture of how busy it is and sharing over twitter.  

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

So is anyone not Leicester based going to a pub today? Whilst I'm out and about I might see how busy they are during the day, won't be going near one in the evening. 

Probably naive and give people too much credit but I don't think it will be as bad as some are suggesting and most will be sensible, although I'm interested to see how town centre pubs/bars manage the evening clientele. 

There will be exceptions of course and there will be lots of people going to a pub just to take a picture of how busy it is and sharing over twitter.  

I might wander into town (Stratford) later and have a pint if it’s not ridiculously busy.

Quite a lot of restaurant availability around this way for next week so I’m thinking of going for some food at some point this week.