Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

24 minutes ago, Benguin said:

My partner tested positive yesterday, crazy that the first person I’ve ever know to have it is the person I kiss. I’m starting to feel a bit poorly now, had a test earlier, no results yet. 

Sorry to hear that, well wishes to you both.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Benguin said:

My partner tested positive yesterday, crazy that the first person I’ve ever know to have it is the person I kiss. I’m starting to feel a bit poorly now, had a test earlier, no results yet. 

All the best to you both.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Benguin said:

Sorry to hear that. Take care both.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think I’ve just realized why some of the posts on here are how they are. Very few of you have either had covid or know of anyone who’s had it? So it’s not affected many of you?

A very wild assumption.

41 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think I’ve just realized why some of the posts on here are how they are. Very few of you have either had covid or know of anyone who’s had it? So it’s not affected many of you?

Give it a rest for god sake

• Like 3

Unfortunately, the main issue is people under 40 thinking if they get it it's like the flu or even symptomless. i'm 28 and felt like I had the sh*t kicked out of me for a few weeks and still recovering weeks after that, two of my mates have long covid and both under 30. One doesn't leave his house in case he gets it again it was that bad. 

It is the people with the mentality of "it won't affect me i'm young and healthy" that have got us in this deep mess 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I find it funny how guests can go onto tv shows socially distanced but we can't go round someone's house and socialy distance..

I don’t. If you go on a tv show, there’s a measure of control and protocols in place to ensure safety. Going round someone’s house and chucking your car keys in a bowl isn’t going to cut it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Well, it isn’t 

well, it is... more likely to care less when it comes to breaking rules, getting to close to people the list goes on 

it's attitudes like that which is why we are the worst country in the world for population:death ratio, such an arrogance to it 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Unfortunately, the main issue is people under 40 thinking if they get it it's like the flu or even symptomless. i'm 28 and felt like I had the sh*t kicked out of me for a few weeks and still recovering weeks after that, two of my mates have long covid and both under 30. One doesn't leave his house in case he gets it again it was that bad. 

It is the people with the mentality of "it won't affect me i'm young and healthy" that have got us in this deep mess 

My partner is 28 and has had it twice, and it has been mild symptoms or symptomless both times. The vast majority of people under 40 that do get it ARE like the flu or symptomless. If you were unlucky that's shit, but that's not the default.

Second paragraph is nonsense.

• Like 4

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Interested to know, do 'the government aren't to blame, the public are' brigade genuinely believe that other nations don't have rule breakers? What makes you think that we are so inherently different? 

Covid has definitely brought the worst out in people. As a society it demonstrates how judgemental and hypocritical we are.

Just now, ealingfox said:

My partner is 28 and has had it twice, and it has been mild symptoms or symptomless both times. The vast majority of people under 40 that do get it ARE like the flu or symptomless. If you were unlucky that's shit, but that's not the default.

Second paragraph is nonsense.

you aren't getting my point, I know that's the norm. It's people who think it won't affect them under a certain age, a quarter of people in intensive care are under 55. two people i know have long covid. It's the mindset of people thinking it's 'not too bad' as to why there is over 1000 dead for third day in a row. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

you aren't getting my point, I know that's the norm. It's people who think it won't affect them under a certain age, a quarter of people in intensive care are under 55. two people i know have long covid. It's the mindset of people thinking it's 'not too bad' as to why there is over 1000 dead for third day in a row. 

I get your point completely mate. However, apart from a few decent types, you’ll get no change out of most on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

No it's not.