Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Just now, Col city fan said:

I honestly think you’d do owt to distract people away from the fact that even though I missed two whole rounds at the start of Superbru, I’m STILL beating you!

• Let it go and concede to a superior predictor... :riyad:

So you say, despite picks being made - must have happened automatically... lol Fair play though I looked a couple of weeks ago and you'd got I think loads of results 'exact' which is good going especially in this climate where the season started goals goals goals and now 1-0 is the new 5-4!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fktf said:

I think there was early evidence that the moderna and oxford vaccine reduced asymptomatic infection, which would reduce transmission.

Hope so, but I just don't think they know enough yet. I can see by the time everybody gets a vaccine, the whole process having to be started again and vaccines not lasting more than a few months and becoming useless against new strains. We've a very long way to go.

Just now, Nick said:

Hope so, but I just don't think they know enough yet. I can see by the time everybody gets a vaccine, the whole process having to be started again and vaccines not lasting more than a few months and becoming useless against new strains. We've a very long way to go.

Yes, more data needed for sure, but there's early positive signs it will at least reduce transmission. Obviously we have little idea on the length of protection, as we need more time to observe that data. I imagine a flu type scenario of a jab every year being very possible.

The new strains are less worrying in relation to vaccine efficacy, at least at the moment. The mrna vaccines work by training the body the recognise the part of the virus (spike protein) that it uses to enter our body's cells. If the vaccines ever stop working, it means the virus will have mutated away from what makes it so virulent in the first place. What we're likely to see instead is variations in how effective the vaccines are against different strains. 

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

Doesn't look great does it mate?

Hold on, just found the entry that goes with it: make of it what you will

In my 8 year career with the Ambulance service this is the first time we have had to que in the road to get into the LRI. This was last night, no room to get into the ambulance bays so parking along Welford Road towards the Tigers ground.
People say it’s a hoax and it’s normal winter pressure, it’s no hoax. Yes this time of year we get winter pressure but what COVID is doing is adding to this.

Why should you worry?

There is not an endless supply of ambulances, when like last night the majority of crews on duty are at one hospital ask yourself this. If you or a loved one suffer a heart attack, stroke, bad car accident will we be able to get to you and if we can how long will you wait? Add to this the hospitals are full, ITU beds are at maximum, you may be taken to another hospital out of area for treatment.

Please take COVID seriously, follow the guidelines and help reduce the pressure on the NHS and please for the love of god only ring 999 or 111 if you really need to. Don’t ring to just have your temp taken as you feel warm or because you have no paracetamol for your aches and pains (these are genuine calls I have been to) as this adds pressure on the service.

The LRI is working flat out trying to see every patient and the staff both at the hospital and on the road are working tirelessly to do all they can.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nick said:

Are they queuing up for A & E with patients on board?

They are queueing for admission, yes.

Mrs B had to send one of her residents to LRI last night, and the crew said the waiting time was currently 5 hrs in the back of an ambulance, which means ambulance crews are only doing two call-outs a night.

Edited by Buce
  • Sad 5

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Mrs B had to send one of her residents to LRI last night, and the crew said the waiting time was currently 5 hrs in the back of an ambulance, which means ambulance crews are only doing two call-outs a night.

Christ on a bike.....

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Are they queuing up for A & E with patients on board?

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Doesn't look great does it mate?

1 hour ago, Buce said:

In 35 years with the ambulance service I have never, ever seen queues like this. A friend has told me they had an 8 hour wait at A&E with a low priority patient on board. That made them nearly 6 hours late finishing their shift (finish time due to be 7pm, actual finish time 1am the following morning). The knock-on effect of that is that they are required by law to have 11 hours between shifts which means they would be 5 hours "late" for the following shift, i.e. 5 hours without the crew being on the road responding to 999 calls. Imagine the effect that has on response times if extrapolated across the County. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

One of @Ric Flair's Chicago Town pizzas.

I've got a new buzz, Stan. Whilst going on a little saunt to the local Aldi earlier I have discovered Turkey Mini Kievs in the frozen section and bought 6 bags of them (90 kievs). Picture to follow. It's days like today that you question what charitable/pioneering work you did in a previous life to be granted such a gift. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've got a new buzz, Stan. Whilst going on a little saunt to the local Aldi earlier I have discovered Turkey Mini Kievs in the frozen section and bought 6 bags of them (90 kievs). Picture to follow. It's days like today that you question what charitable/pioneering work you did in a previous life to be granted such a gift. 

How many of the 90 have been consumed so far? I hope they're COVID-less.

0_downloadjfif.jpg

Ambulances were forced to queue along Welford Road to get into Leicester Royal Infirmary last night because demand for care was so high.

The extent of the problem can be seen in a picture taken by an ambulance worker, showing a line of ambulances queuing along the road towards Leicester Tigers' ground.

According to the man, who wished to remain anonymous, there was no room in ambulance bays outside the hospital.