Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

If the government set their own target , and they miss it, they're fair game. 

9 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I don't care whether they meet the target or not.  I care that they get the job done quickly, and if it helps to set an ambitious target that they don't reach, so be it.

If they aim for 5m per week and hit 4m, is that failure?  If they aim for 2m per week and hit 2.5m, is that success?  Possibly. 

But the 4m failure would be a lot lot better than the 2.5m success.

DSR is spot on.

Some people (not suggesting you are Stan btw) look for the negatives in everything, all the time.

Last season, Leicester's target was to get into Europe. We achieved that goal therefore = SUCCESS.

Although for some fans it wasn't a successful season because we didn't get Champions League which looked nailed on for ages.

9 hours ago, Harrydc said:

It's so easy to fall into a trap of a negative mindset when all the media report is negative news. 'Brazil varient' 'south African varient' 'considering new restrictions'. Its every day.

What the government need to do is come out and say we are on the home stretch, and give us an estimated date to a FULL return to normality without ANY restrictions. 

Problem is that nobody knows, the situation is fluid etc. They'd just be guessing. And if they say, for example, we'll be back to normal by April and we aren't, that's a Govt failure - and it wouldn't necessarily be a Govt failure if it didn't happen by then.

(Our Govt have got plenty of things wrong obviously, not denying that.)

17 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Am I allowed to think that the government have made mistakes and so have the public or do we have to be all in on one side? 

Well this is the replacement Brexit thread, so you’ve got to be whole heartedly in or out...absolutely no middle ground allowed 😁👍

On 14/01/2021 at 10:30, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure I find it bizarre from a personal point of view :dunno:

If they truly have had it, and it had very little effect on them, then from a selfish point of view, why would they feel at risk?

Of course (And this is key, they should take it for the greater good of society as they can still transmit it.

Do we know yet if even having the vaccine ensures that you can’t carry the disease and transmit it?

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

Do we know yet if even having the vaccine ensures that you can’t carry the disease and transmit it?

Well if you have the vaccine, you cannot catch it, so how are you carrying it in the first place?

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

image.png

Have you ever worn a mask for any great length of time after you've had a kebab? You are fighting for your life within minutes as the breath is unbelievable and your body starts to go in to anaphylactic shock.

I don't agree with the nose poker outers but I challenge anyone to turn down a kebab wrapped in naan with chilli and garlic mayo and it's a real problem. The media don't want to know though, they never consider it from both sides. Likewise the I.R.A, historically have always worn balaclavas and yet now they'd have to patch over the mouth piece and just look like a huge human sock. There's a knock on effect for everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Well if you have the vaccine, you cannot catch it, so how are you carrying it in the first place?

They apparently don’t know that the vaccine ensures you can’t catch it. They know the vaccine prevents symptoms developing for a sustained period in a high percentage of people. But they are not certain that the vaccine ensures you can’t carry and transmit according to something I read the other month. (I’d be delighted to be proved wrong!)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nick said:

They apparently don’t know that the vaccine ensures you can’t catch it. They know the vaccine prevents symptoms developing for a sustained period in a high percentage of people. But they are not certain that the vaccine ensures you can’t carry and transmit according to something I read the other month. (I’d be delighted to be proved wrong!)

Social distancing until the of time it is then - great

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

How far apart were the positive tests?

Positive antibody test in May, positive Covid test just after Christmas, presumably 2 different strains. Naturally the likelihood is I have had it at least once too and I think I have, but I've never returned a positive test.

11 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

Unfortunately, the main issue is people under 40 thinking if they get it it's like the flu or even symptomless. i'm 28 and felt like I had the sh*t kicked out of me for a few weeks and still recovering weeks after that, two of my mates have long covid and both under 30. One doesn't leave his house in case he gets it again it was that bad. 

It is the people with the mentality of "it won't affect me i'm young and healthy" that have got us in this deep mess 

I’m young and I do feel as it if it won’t affect me. However, I know that I could give it to someone who would be badly affected. I’ve not caused anything. 

56 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

image.png

Part of the problem is that if you wear glasses at this time of year you have to wear the mask below the nose because it’s just impossible to see through steamed up glasses. I say if you’re forced to wear a mask over your nose, whilst wearing glasses, you should be entitled to a bit of condensation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nick said:

You'll be less likely to pass it on if the vaccine works like this. Lower symptoms usually mean you shed less of the virus.

8 minutes ago, Fktf said:

You'll be less likely to pass it on if the vaccine works like this. Lower symptoms usually mean you shed less of the virus.

I hope so - it just depends if having the vaccine means that in essence you are asymptomatic but could carry the virus maybe multiple times a year without knowing it. The strength of what you are carrying wouldn't really be measurable from the statement above if you had no symptoms? I think I know what you mean but not sure I'm reading it correctly or if it makes scientific sense.

25 minutes ago, Nick said:

I hope so - it just depends if having the vaccine means that in essence you are asymptomatic but could carry the virus maybe multiple times a year without knowing it. The strength of what you are carrying wouldn't really be measurable from the statement above if you had no symptoms? I think I know what you mean but not sure I'm reading it correctly or if it makes scientific sense.

I think there was early evidence that the moderna and oxford vaccine reduced asymptomatic infection, which would reduce transmission.