Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Cup Resume dates

15 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Sky Sports reporting proposal of a limited number of fans may be allowed to attend the FA Cup final.

Will cause more problems than no fans being allowed. How will they decide who is eligible for a ticket?

For such a big game, I think we either go full allocation or none at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Will cause more problems than no fans being allowed. How will they decide who is eligible for a ticket?

There's a joke about playing it at the Etihad to maintain social distancing in there somewhere. :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

an interesting question - you may not want to hear this but corporate season ticket holders are owed quite a lot for the missing games. I wonder if whichever clubs make it to the final might make availability in that direction relate to o/s refunds ........ 

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

The most ridiculous statement ever from the FA if true. If Leicester City are in the final, do they genuinely think fans will just accept that?

They won't have any choice. 

On 30/05/2020 at 06:43, ttfn said:

I’m the camp of trying to get all the competitions finished but an FA Cup Final does need fans.

I don’t see why they can’t play the Quarters and Semis now and then hold the final back until fans are allowed in stadiums, even if it’s next year. Who cares if one year’s competition overlaps with the next one? It’s not like this year’s finalists also have to enter the first preliminary qualifying round with the Dog and Duck.

If you look at the teams still left in the hat there’s a reasonable chance that a team that hasn’t been to an FA Cup Final in at least 50 years (whether it’s us, Sheff U or Norwich) make the final. To have an occasion like that for the club without fans seems like a shame and completely unnecessary.

Spanish FA have decided that their Cup final is on indefinite hold until fans can attend. Sociedad v Bilbao, a Basque derby - a scenario bit like you mention. 

European place will go to league positioning, neither club has an issue with that. 

• Like 1

On 30/05/2020 at 18:36, lestajigs said:

What about the teams still in it that are not going to make Europe through the league???  You mentioned the league for next season, well the fa cup will be the same for some teams left in, if they win it and get into Europe 

Yes it’s probably worthwhile for fans of Norwich, Newcastle and Sheffield Utd, it will just be a pub quiz question in 20 years time, winning this years FA cup for us would be the equivalent of having a red hot girlfriend that you can’t do owt with.

Edited by foxestalkisfullofidiots

8 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Sorry to be rude mate but you were a week out with your last info😂

Haha, can only pass on what you’re told mate 😅👍🏻 

On 31/05/2020 at 16:02, Kasey Keller said:

Imagine the prices on the black market 🤯

Hence it been in FA's interest.

In computer games on limited digital products we often see them on ebay been sold in their 100s by one seller for inflated prices, given the amount available its clear the seller is an employee so a possibility its been sold under the guise of a normal person but from the company itself for vastly inflated profits.  Some book sellers do the same thing, employees have admitted they will sell spare stock under the guise of a normal person on ebay or another marketplace as they have reasons to not sell officially on their own website.

A black market for football tickets I could foresee been in a similar way, they pretend its ticket touts reselling the tickets but wouldn't surprise me if behind doors endorsed by FA.  Nothing makes a profit better than short supply.

On 01/06/2020 at 07:41, st albans fox said:

I’ve seen 6pm ? 

Surely not correct ?? 

I’m not saying it’s true but I think it is a possibility. The only reason games are played later on weekdays is so fans can get from work to the ground in time. That’s not an issue at the moment so I reckon they might think to have two games back to back on a Friday night (6pm and 8pm)

9 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

I’m not saying it’s true but I think it is a possibility. The only reason games are played later on weekdays is so fans can get from work to the ground in time. That’s not an issue at the moment so I reckon they might think to have two games back to back on a Friday night (6pm and 8pm)

Fair point but they have enough slots on the Saturday and Sunday amongst the prem league times to not need two games fri evening. Getting home from work finishing at 5-30 is going to be tough ....

8 premier league teams left who don’t enter next seasons competition until 1st week Jan - why can’t this wait until the start of next season? 

QF Sept

SF Oct

F Nov

if teams are worried about fixture overload give them the option of dropping out of the league cup for next season to pursue their FA cup run.

8 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

8 premier league teams left who don’t enter next seasons competition until 1st week Jan - why can’t this wait until the start of next season? 

QF Sept

SF Oct

F Nov

if teams are worried about fixture overload give them the option of dropping out of the league cup for next season to pursue their FA cup run.

European spot determines it needs completing for August