Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Cup Resume dates

The FA Cup has today also been given the green light to return.

Football Association chiefs have confirmed the quarter final ties will be played on the weekend of June 27 and 28.

The semi finals and final will all take place at Wembley behind closed doors over the weekend of 11-12 July and 1 August respectively, as revealed by Mirror Sport yesterday.

It comes on the back of the Premier League confirming it will return on Wednesday, June 17, and the FA Cup games will all be shown live across the BBC and BT Sport.

FA Chief Executive Officer Mark Bullingham said: “We are pleased to agree the provisional restart date for the 2019/20 Emirates FA Cup.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

We're going to win the FA Cup for the first time in our history behind closed doors aren't we?

If we get to the final ill set up a watch party or something if theres interest

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

What's the point of playing semi finals at Wembley behind closed doors?? Surely for players and staff it would be better to pick a neutral ground nearby when the draw is made

I agree with you. IMO they should have just cancelled this year's competition. Even if we ended up winning it, it would be such an anti-climax to not be able to go to match, or to have an open top bus parade. It's the one competition that I think all Leicester fans *really* want to see us win after holding the record with Watford for reaching the most finals without winning it in. No saying we are going to win it, but I'd imagine other clubs would have a similar feeling. Can't see there being much "magic of the cup" when the fans aren't there to witness it!

Love the FA Cup but not really bothered now.

A final behind closed doors plus a tainted win for whoever wins it, similarly to the league.

If we were to win it for the first time and have no fans there it'd be horrible.

Edited by Fox92

15 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

The trophy lifting on this will be so weird... how will they do the handshakes from the delegates too?

Are they going to use a drone to hand over the trophy? lol

Reckon the Royal Family will have a secret ballot to nominate the dignitary of the day.

My money is on Prince Andrew

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I agree with you. IMO they should have just cancelled this year's competition. Even if we ended up winning it, it would be such an anti-climax to not be able to go to match, or to have an open top bus parade. It's the one competition that I think all Leicester fans *really* want to see us win after holding the record with Watford for reaching the most finals without winning it in. No saying we are going to win it, but I'd imagine other clubs would have a similar feeling. Can't see there being much "magic of the cup" when the fans aren't there to witness it!

Yes, it would be shit to win behind closed doors but I think it would be even worse if we never got anywhere near the final again and always thought "what if they hadn't cancelled that". It seems foolhardy that any leagues/cups have been cancelled just so we can start a new season while there's still so much uncertainty still hanging over the world.

Really don't understand why football has rushed so quickly into decisions (TV pressure apart, obviously). We should have finished off this season when crowds could come back and then worked out the rest after, given how much of this season has already been played. I'm not a fan of this but it's infinitely better than just outright cancellation.

• Like 1

humm wonder if there is a reason its on the 1st August. How quickly the government are changing the goalposts currently you never know they may be able to have a reduced attendance at Wembley by then.... It would surprise me if they allowed fans though.