Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Cup Resume dates

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

I couldn’t give a sh1t about the doors being shut ..   I’d love to win it whatever ..  and I’ll be in a little group of socially distanced friends who will enjoy every minute ..   it will be sort of special in a way and remembered in history ..  

And next year we’ll win it properly ..  :)

At least by then we should (hopefully) be able to mix with other a little more.

get the TV outside deckchair in front and crack the beers out.

• Like 1

I think the temptation to turn up at Wembley would be too much for some if we made it to the final. Personally I think cup competitions should have been voided. There is no incentive for fans to turn up to league matches but a one off cup final for a cup we’ve never won? I can’t see everyone following the rules. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

humm wonder if there is a reason its on the 1st August. How quickly the government are changing the goalposts currently you never know they may be able to have a reduced attendance at Wembley by then.... It would surprise me if they allowed fans though. 

It'll still work out as a week after the league finished, so in line with how it would be normally, don't think there's anything to read into that date to be honest 

19 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It'll still work out as a week after the league finished, so in line with how it would be normally, don't think there's anything to read into that date to be honest 

Possibly not no. I see Poland are allowing 25% capacity from the 19th June. 

Think I'm just holding out a little bit of hope incase we get to the fa cup final 

2 hours ago, MonmoreStef said:

Final is August 1. We will be snogging strangers by then 😝 

Back at the 1992-93 playoff final v Swindon, some young lad took advantage of the pandemonium re Thommo's equalising goal, to climb up 4 rows of seats and give my missus a hug.   

Suffice to say, I was totally oblivious to it, until she told me afterwards!  :)

Like the majority, i would have no chance of getting a ticket anyway so would be watching on TV. It is possible that there could actually be a reasonable number of people there. After all every league club has an allocation of tickets so all the players, staff and other club officials who have been getting regular testing in order for the league games to be played should be able to get in and spread around to maintain social distancing. OK so its not exactly a capacity crowd but better than none at all.

As for those saying that winning it would be meaningless without a proper crowd, i disagree. If anything it would be a greater achievement, to win it in adversity. A future pub quiz question "who was the first team to win the FA cup in a behind closed door final"  Another notch on the bedpost of history for us.

When our name is finally engraved on the trophy, it makes no difference.it will still be there.

Guest ttfn

I’m the camp of trying to get all the competitions finished but an FA Cup Final does need fans.

I don’t see why they can’t play the Quarters and Semis now and then hold the final back until fans are allowed in stadiums, even if it’s next year. Who cares if one year’s competition overlaps with the next one? It’s not like this year’s finalists also have to enter the first preliminary qualifying round with the Dog and Duck.

If you look at the teams still left in the hat there’s a reasonable chance that a team that hasn’t been to an FA Cup Final in at least 50 years (whether it’s us, Sheff U or Norwich) make the final. To have an occasion like that for the club without fans seems like a shame and completely unnecessary.

Edited by ttfn

22 hours ago, merlin1969 said:

The Emirates FA Cup quarter-finals draw took place on 9 March.

• Leicester City v Chelsea
  • Newcastle United v Manchester City
  • Sheffield United v Arsenal
  • Norwich City v Manchester United

Dour home wins and I’ll consider going to church....... for ten seconds. 

Holding the FA Cup final behind closed doors is pure ****ing madness - as is making the semi-finalists play in an empty Wembley.

The date for the final should not be scheduled yet if a crowd can’t be guaranteed (or at least presumed likely).

Honestly, it’s one game FFS - surely they could accommodate it within next season’s schedule? 

On 29/05/2020 at 12:54, GingerrrFox said:

I think the temptation to turn up at Wembley would be too much for some if we made it to the final. Personally I think cup competitions should have been voided. There is no incentive for fans to turn up to league matches but a one off cup final for a cup we’ve never won? I can’t see everyone following the rules. 

surely fans would just have garden party's if we was to get to the final which would be memorable if we was to win it

1 hour ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Seriously don’t see the point, I get playing the league as it’s about next season...champions league, relegation etc but for me the FA Cup is all about the moment and the fans, if we won it I would just feel gutted that I wasn’t there.

What about the teams still in it that are not going to make Europe through the league???  You mentioned the league for next season, well the fa cup will be the same for some teams left in, if they win it and get into Europe 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Seriously don’t see the point, I get playing the league as it’s about next season...champions league, relegation etc but for me the FA Cup is all about the moment and the fans, if we won it I would just feel gutted that I wasn’t there.

There's a worldwide TV deal for the FA cup and winning it can mean European qualification.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Sky Sports reporting proposal of a limited number of fans may be allowed to attend the FA Cup final.

The most ridiculous statement ever from the FA if true. If Leicester City are in the final, do they genuinely think fans will just accept that?