Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Danny Simpson

Going off on a bit of a tangent ...

Many years ago, I knew a young lad who was convicted of assaulting (hitting) his girlfriend.   I also knew the girl very well and she could be, how shall we put it, very "difficult" at times!

Most of her other boyfriends would know when to move away, and get out of the house before they did something stupid.   But this young lad didn't have the experience and wherewithal to leave it ... and he foolishly lost his temper.

He was wrong to do what he did, and I'm not condoning it at all.  He got a criminal record, that made him look like a nasty piece of work.   Which wasn't necessarily totally accurate, if you knew the full details and history of what had happened.

btw, I am not making any judgement whatsoever on Danny Simpson's case, as I don't know him or his ex girlfriend/partner.

I'm just saying thet we sometimes need to be a little careful when judging people with criminal convictions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Going off on a bit of a tangent ...

Many years ago, I knew a young lad who was convicted of assaulting (hitting) his girlfriend.   I also knew the girl very well and she could be, how shall we put it, very "difficult" at times!

Most of her other boyfriends would know when to move away, and get out of the house before they did something stupid.   But this young lad didn't have the experience and wherewithal to leave it ... and he foolishly lost his temper.

He was wrong to do what he did, and I'm not condoning it at all.  He got a criminal record, that made him look like a nasty piece of work.   Which wasn't necessarily totally accurate, if you knew the full details and history of what had happened.

btw, I am not making any judgement whatsoever on Danny Simpson's case, as I don't know him or his ex girlfriend/partner.

I'm just saying thet we sometimes need to be a little careful when judging people with criminal convictions.

No excuse for assaulting people particularly women.No valid argument.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2022 at 00:14, enmac said:

So he started out as a CB. I remember his back post headers were crucial for 2015/16. Could do worse than having him as a backup for that role, although I haven't seen him playing recently. 

One of the best back post defenders we’ve ever had. He was written off before he’d even started here mainly due to his off field endeavours. But when he was playing regularly, he very rarely put a foot wrong. An absolute unsung hero for us. Says it all that he’d probably rather support us now than Man Utd. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

How soon they turn...

Screenshot_20220711-135926_Instagram.jpg

...probably just trying to get a media foothold, it is an opportunity to gain exposure!!!

I would think the best thing he can do is get elocution lessons and swot up before turning up to present, so you can bring something to the table. Too much mumbling.

On 09/07/2022 at 07:28, MPH said:

Get him in as a defensive coach maybe! Defense was a shambles parts of last year

I enjoyed seeing him quiz Brendan about defensive tactics after the game v Notts C. - maybe trying to impress with an eye to getting a coaching position?

28 minutes ago, Keyworth63 said:

I enjoyed seeing him quiz Brendan about defensive tactics after the game v Notts C. - maybe trying to impress with an eye to getting a coaching position?

well, he could certainly help out with how to defend a corner…

On 10/07/2022 at 09:35, ALC Fox said:

Simpson won't be the last footballer on our books to have personal problems. He's a shining example of how young men can turn their lives and careers around. It doesn't excuse the mistakes they made and doesn't undo the hurt they caused, but rehabilitation is the best outcome after something like that. Simpson can be a role model to any footballer who needs to make some serious life choices.

What he did was unforgivable, but the amount of people not willing to accept that he’s actually turned his life around is sad. Everyone deserves a second chance, don’t they? 

• Like 3

Not here to defend anyone who is recorded as being domineering and using the slag word.

Though I believe in punishment and second chances afterwards.

I do doubt the policeman though

He heard screaming turn to choking sounds as he approached house, he got inside pretty quickly

No mention of forensics, injuries or marks on her neck.

When did the 8 minute recording stop?

I have read a few paper articles, so short of facts

Both she and he deny the on the floor strangling part.

She has strongly denied it since the verdict and light punishment too.

A) She could be lying for any number of reasons. (or was too hypoxic to remember correctly)

B) So could the policeman.

I have had two burst into my hotel room, no ID and waving telescopic batons. The adrenaline junkies heard match of the day, kicked in my door and cuffed me despite being a different age, skin colour and room number to their suspect.

I once got pulled out of a crowd and credited in court with a fantasy script of generic hooligan grunts.(He thought I was somebody else, a known face, and was laughed at by his colleagues, he stitched me up anyway)

The judge claimed to trust the policeman account and called Simpson a liar. Case closed.

I do wonder though, was the judge really convinced or went with guilty and a VERY light sentence as a compromise to secretly doubting the police version?

40 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

The judge claimed to trust the policeman account and called Simpson a liar. Case closed.

I do wonder though, was the judge really convinced or went with guilty and a VERY light sentence as a compromise to secretly doubting the police version?

Why should a police officer be more credible than a member of the public yet to be found guilty? It’s madness. I have no reason to dislike the police, but they are without doubt on of the most corrupt, integrity lacking community of people going. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Why should a police officer be more credible than a member of the public yet to be found guilty? It’s madness. I have no reason to dislike the police, but they are without doubt on of the most corrupt, integrity lacking community of people going. 

Will try to answer your question. Even the dirty ones need to tell the truth 90 percent of the time to get away with 10 percent lies, whereas a guilty person only has to lie once. Percentages

As for me being done up, yeah he was a cnut but for several nicer, reasonable  policemen and women, I could have up in court many a time. Swings and roundabouts

Just something iffy about the Simpson copper hearing choking from outside but it not being mentioned as heard on the phone recording....if still recording at that point