Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Danny Simpson

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Speaks really well any you can tell being at Leicester was the best time of his life. Such an underrated part of our title win but the wider media. I'd like to think most Leicester fans appreciate just how good he was that season

And the following season tbf. He was one of the few who carried his firm over and was great during the CL run too.

• Like 1

The issue i think there is, he says oh he didnt sack Ranieri because of anything a few players said but then goes on to pretty much confirm players got pissed off with him. 

Im guessing our owners consulted certain players we know they are close to. 

I'm also guessing that not long after, Puel was given the objective of slowly dismantling that dressing room power too. 

31 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

One minor criticism of the interview: would've liked to hear more about his time under Pearson, which was largely skipped over, but that's undue carping about an excellent interview.

Similar criticism here, would've liked to have heard about Pearson and Puel eras at the club. Minus that it was a great interview 

One add-on point.....

Claudio's change of mind over Simmo is further confirmation of how Claudio's lack of ego and willingness to reconsider benefited us.

I always thought that was a big thing. So many new managers would feel that they had to make major changes, bring in new players or whatever so as to stamp their authority on their new club, indulge their ego (or possibly compensate for its fragility).

Claudio was happy to keep and use most of the players he'd inherited from NP - and new signings acquired by Walsh/NP (Fuchs, Okazaki) or even to go with players lined up by them but not yet signed (trusting Walsh on Kante).

Instead, he mainly looked at how he could improve the formation and tactics (narrow defensive formation, faster breaks forward etc.). 

That was real wisdom over ego - and his treatment of Simmo seems to have been the same.

Simmo clearly wasn't in his plans initially, but he was a big enough man to reconsider and reverse his decision by tightening the defence and replacing De Laet with Simpson.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

He seemed very sincere to me - as if he'd genuinely learned from errors in his personal life and wanted to help others avoid such pitfalls. 

Couldn’t agree more. I think Simpson would be a fantastic coach when he retires. 

10 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

The issue i think there is, he says oh he didnt sack Ranieri because of anything a few players said but then goes on to pretty much confirm players got pissed off with him. 

I'm also guessing that not long after, Puel was given the objective of slowly dismantling that dressing room power too. 

I would argue that the word "power" is wrong.

The strength of togetherness in the dressing room was/is a real positive.

Brendan has harnessed it and it's working.

Sadly that's one thing his predecessor he got wrong.

• Like 4

I think player power in our case is usually a good thing. I’d much rather have players that wanted an underperforming manager sacked than players happy with mediocrity. They work with managers almost everyday of their careers, they know when a manager is worth their salt.

The lazy media narrative was that the players just turned on Ranieri, Claudio took them to the highest point in most of their careers, why would they just turn on him? Everybody lives the affable grandad image of Ranieri but he falls out with everybody, it’s happened at nearly all the clubs he’s managed. He was brilliant in 15/16 because he only tweaked things but then in 16/17 he started unnecessarily changing things up. Ken Way was sacked despite being popular with the players, apparently because Ranieri didn’t believe in sports psychology.

Recruitment was a massive reason we struggled, pre-season was badly arranged  too but absolving Ranieri of a lot of the blame is generous on his behalf. He’s never been a long term manager. He was perfect in 15/16, the stars aligned and everything worked out be he had to be sacked in 16/17 because we were going down 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Only listened to the last 40 minutes, from his QPR-Leicester move to the end, but that was an outstanding interview.

[...]

Indeed, thanks to the OP for linking it here. Don't think I would've stumbled over it otherwise. You'd enjoy the interview with Brendan Rodgers as well and watch the one with Rio Ferdinand as well, who came across as very frank and forthcoming too.

Simpson, who I'm still split about considering his personal history, seems like an honest person as well and genuinely remorseful. Hope he does stay on the good path and wish him well at Huddersfield.

11 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

But why wouldn't our owners have consulted with the team? I mean, surely their opinion of Ranieri and their reading of the situation is valuable input to them as decision makers.
Stating what was obvious to most wouldn't be revolting or showing disloyalty, it would be showing loyalty to the club, owners and squad.

12 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I would argue that the word "power" is wrong.

The strength of togetherness in the dressing room was/is a real positive.

Brendan has harnessed it and it's working.

Sadly that's one thing his predecessor he got wrong.

It was like that Chelsea kind of dressing room that they had under Terry, Drogba etc - it's essential to a teams success, but if you lose the biggest names in there then theres no going back. Ranieri second season and Puel had no chance of turning the tide.

Thats why, similar to that Chelsea side, its pivotal to get someone who commands the respect of them like we have with Rodgers. We are extremely lucky really that it is someone of his ilk that we managed to get because i could have easily seen the same situation repeating itself. Still might if and when he leaves.

Edited by Gamble92
Spelling

Guest Cujek
On 08/06/2020 at 15:07, Stadt said:

Why does almost every footballer decorate their house in that awful grey colour lol 

Because they employ an interior designer that just googles "colour in fashion"

2 hours ago, Cujek said:

Because they employ an interior designer that just googles "colour in fashion"

..great colour to key off!!!

As a neutral pallete you would use accessories to set against it, in effect, it being a blank canvas.

As previously mentioned by other posters it is well used by designers for staging.

Guest Cujek
3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..great colour to key off!!!

As a neutral pallete you would use accessories to set against it, in effect, it being a blank canvas.

As previously mentioned by other posters it is well used by designers for staging.

you can pair it with silver and pink, or even a light blue. Also can contrast it with black to make the black less severe.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not the way to treat one of our Immortals. Shame on Huddersfield. 

Poor from Huddersfield that. Heard he played well for them as well during his short stay. I’m sure they’ll have a longer stay in the championship treating players like that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Poor from Huddersfield that. Heard he played well for them as well during his short stay. I’m sure they’ll have a longer stay in the championship treating players like that. 

I'm guessing shorter rather than longer.

ChampoDregs.JPG.f3e338bb45c313bcc0bf3bd36fa912ce.JPG

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Doesn't make sense getting rid of an experienced defender for a critical run in

It wasn't even a year extension -- just to the end of the season, the most club-friendly position a player on an expiring contract can take.

Something must be rotten in Huddersfield.

• Like 2