Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

11 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Van Dijk is world class and it was always as plain as the nose on your face when he was at Celtic he would go on and be one of the top defenders in the world.

Many Celtic fans said something similar about Benkovic. 

I know that there is a lot of 'don't sell Iheanacho' comments but do we actually think that he has turned 'good'?

I will be the first to admit that he has improved tremendously but has only improved from poor to okay. I don't think he has, or ever will, have the quality needed for a team wishing to finish within the top 6 or so. He only stands out because other than Vardy, our other attacking options are probably mid championship quality.

He falls under the same category as Ulloa, Musa and okazaki for me - Like able characters but not good enough for a top half Premier League team.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

I know that there is a lot of 'don't sell Iheanacho' comments but do we actually think that he has turned 'good'?

I will be the first to admit that he has improved tremendously but has only improved from poor to okay. I don't think he has, or ever will, have the quality needed for a team wishing to finish within the top 6 or so. He only stands out because other than Vardy, our other attacking options are probably mid championship quality.

In terms of Iheanacho this is pretty much exactly my thoughts on him and I think if he had to be relied on to start 20 league games or something like that he doesn't have it in him to carry that burden and deliver consistently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

In terms of Iheanacho this is pretty much exactly my thoughts on him and I think if he had to be relied on to start 20 league games or something like that he doesn't have it in him to carry that burden and deliver consistently.

I think there is a lot of people hanging on to the hope that he may turn brilliant because 'He's from Man City'.....I wouldn't want to rely on him as Vardy's counter part let alone replacement (I mean injury / fitness not long term replacement).

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

He falls under the same category as Ulloa, Musa and okazaki for me - Like able characters but not good enough for a top half Premier League team.

It's for a different thread altogether, but there's no way you can categorise Ahmed Musa with Okazaki or even Ulloa to a certain extent. Musa was awful, the other two had very important roles to play in the success we had.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think Iheanacho makes other players in our side better when he plays. I think he’d bag 15 at least if he played as many minutes as Vardy has and others around him would score more too. 

I really don’t want to see him go, I think some of it is a bit biased on my behalf because he’s probably become my favourite player bar Vardy with some of his performances this season, but I do also feel we’ll regret seeing him go and it’s inevitable he’ll score goals for whoever he plays for. 

I just think it’s a lot of money for a gamble on Edouard when Iheanacho’s proven his ability. I’d be happy with both being here at the start of next season but one or the other and it Nacho all day for me, personally. It’s hard to argue with what Edouard has done this season though, he does look like he’s going to be some player but there’s never any guarantee. 

Musa and Slimani had just come off the back of great seasons in similar standard leagues, and we saw what happened with them. I’d love Edouard to come and be a success I’m just wary of what has happened before when we spend big money on forwards. 

Yeah, very fair point. See i still doubt Iheanacho's quality personally. That said, i always hate and feel sorry for him when his on queue substitution happens because quality aside, his ethic and effort really do stand out.

I would be really sorry to see him go - I just don't think he has the quality to be relied uon.

Edited by adejo92

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I think Iheanacho makes other players in our side better when he plays. I think he’d bag 15 at least if he played as many minutes as Vardy has and others around him would score more too. 

I really don’t want to see him go, I think some of it is a bit bias on my behalf because he’s probably become my favourite player bar Vardy with some of his performances this season, but I do also feel we’ll regret seeing him go and it’s inevitable he’ll score goals for whoever he plays for. 

I just think it’s a lot of money for a gamble on Edouard when Iheanacho’s proven his ability. I’d be happy with both being here at the start of next season but one or the other and it Nacho all day for me, personally. It’s hard to argue with what Edouard has done this season though, he does look like he’s going to be some player but there’s never any guarantee. 

Musa and Slimani had just come off the back of great seasons in similar standard leagues, and we saw what happened with them. I’d love Edouard to come and be a success I’m just wary of what has happened before when we spend big money on forwards. 

I guess that's the part a lot of people would maybe argue against, or perhaps argued that he's proven he's not good enough after being at the club for quite a while.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

It's for a different thread altogether, but there's no way you can categorise Ahmed Musa with Okazaki or even Ulloa to a certain extent. Musa was awful, the other two had very important roles to play in the success we had.

I was comparing their ethic more than quality. That said, on the topic of quality - not one of them is anything near to Premier League quality.

15 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not at all, Benkovic was a big favourite up here, not many bigger fans of him than I actually which you'll see from my previous posts but he wasn't at the same level as VVD.

There's also the fact that he's been on and off the injury table for a while. His quality now probably doesnt reflect the quality he showed when playing for celtic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Interested observer said:

Heard the same stuff plenty of times in the past, I know when a player is top class in Scotland or just top class, had with Henrik, VVD, Tierney, Dembele and now it's the same with Eddy.

One year in a top league and he'd cost £100m, but i get it, seeing is believing, and most of you haven't seen enough to really give an educated opinion on him.

And you clearly haven't seen enough of Vardy to formulate an opinion. I suppose finishing top goal scorer on the premier league means he is shite? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Interested observer said:

That's fair enough, I certainly didn't expect any Leicester fans to agree with me, but I do think if you did manage to sign him a lot of people would be singing a different tune in a few years, although part of the attachment to Vardy is the unbelievable success you achieved with him leading the line so that would probably still sway most.

A much more balanced view:appl:.   Thanks for your interest in LCFC.   Unlike the Celtic forum, where you are 'vetted' and often turned down whilst attempting to sign up, FT is open to everyone.  Naturally. if other FT Members disagree with a post, they let you know. It happens to all us!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

You have to remember tho, he’s been around since he was 18. He’s still only 23, and has been unplayable at times this season. 

People might dispute his quality but I just think when you look at how hard other teams find it to find top strikers (including Manchester United and Chelsea in recent years, Everton until DCL this season and West Ham as well) that we shouldn’t be so quick to disregard Nacho’s ability. To score 10 goals this season with limited playing time is a massive step up and something we haven’t had in a back up striker since we got into the league, really. (Apart from maybe Ulloa in the title winning season) 

What games has Nacho been unplayable in?

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

A much more balanced view:appl:.   Thanks for your interest in LCFC.   Unlike the Celtic forum, where you are 'vetted' and often turned down whilst attempting to sign up, FT is open to everyone.  Naturally. if other FT Members disagree with a post, they let you know. It happens to all us!

I never got that welcome from you Mozart :P

• Haha 1

I think this is the first rumour of the summer that has my loins twitching slightly.  He seems highly rated, not least by BR.  

I would love to say that Kelechi has come good but after 3 or 4 years, if we can cash in, this guy certainly seems like an upgrade.

Still a bit of snobbery around about the standard of the SPL but I wouldn't worry about that.  There is a long list of players that have left Parkhead and thrived in the PL era going back to Di Canio.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Villa away, Everton at home second half

I was at both, at Villa he had a good game in a good team performance, against Everton he was a game changer and Man of the Match.

But definitely not unplayable....... 

48 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

besides crap twitter rumors any actual source reporting interest/talks? 

Not really. lol

If you google his name it's more Arsenal than us which makes this thread a bit moot and premature. 

16 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Villa away, Everton at home second half

Agree off load Ghezzel, Slimani, Silva, Diabate, James & Armatey instead.  If only......

19 minutes ago, NasPb said:

If it means selling kelechi then it's not worth signing this lad. 

Agree --- Off load :  Slimani, Silva, Ghezzel, Diabate, Armatey and James instead.  If only Carlsberg made Transfer Windows......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Fair enough, that’s your opinion, I’ve stated mine. Just out of curiosity though, can you tell me any other players from our side who have been unplayable this season and when? I’m just wondering what your expectations of ‘unplayable’ are. 

I'm not sure we have had any moments when anyone player was unplayable, we have had moments when we were unplayable as a team, but can't think of may games were a individual LCFC player was unplayable.

I say opposition wise, Mahrez and KDB were pretty unplayable as a pair in the Man C away game. 

10 minutes ago, KingsX said:

FFS all this trolling has distracted people from the critical point of this thread …

Henrik_62’s name change.

If "Henrik_62" can become @Muzzy_Larsson , what is next?   "MON_Peaked_With_City" ?

So that’s why I couldn’t tag him in my post earlier on lol