Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

22 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Not really. lol

If you google his name it's more Arsenal than us which makes this thread a bit moot and premature. 

yah can tell.

have not seen any transfer news from credible source about any incoming player,so everyone is desperate and all these rumors are blown out of proportion 

would love too get this guy tho 

9 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Nixon on twitter saying that Edouard would be about 30m in a response to Palace fan asking about him. Also said bmouth want 40 for brooks 

No one is going to pay £40m for Brooks!

Edouard on the other hand seems pretty well priced 🙏

• Like 1

Jesus. Ok is he good? Yes. Is he better than Vardy? Not yet of course not. Could he be? Maybe one day, he’s still young. Is any of this worth arguing over? If you’ve little to no life then yes.

I’d love him here, he’s top class (I live in sunny Scotland), of course there’s an inherent risk in any transfer from a lower quality league but this guy is serious quality. X

26 minutes ago, KingsX said:

FFS all this trolling has distracted people from the critical point of this thread …

Henrik_62’s name change.

If "Henrik_62" can become @Muzzy_Larsson , what is next?   "MON_Peaked_With_City" ?

How do you change your account name? I've been wanting to not be Spudulike since 2016 (cos'I don't like Spuds). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Two years left on Brooks contract as well. 

He'll be pissed off if Bournemouth price him out of a move and a year down the line might do a Ryan Fraser.

Players who can get a move back to the PL will want to go every time, just look at Jack Butland who was ahead of Pickford as England's GK a few months before the 2018 World Cup. Now he's the forgotten man and a Championship plodder at Stoke.

Yeah he's had a disaster of a season the little clips I've saw of him.

54 minutes ago, KingsX said:

FFS all this trolling has distracted people from the critical point of this thread …

Henrik_62’s name change.

If "Henrik_62" can become @Muzzy_Larsson , what is next?   "MON_Peaked_With_City" ?

I see it as just another little progression in Henrik's journey.  He now has a Leicester player and a Celtic player in his user name. 

Next step - look out for his avatar to turn blue  :P

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Which team has three strikers that can start? United have Martial, Ighalo and Greenwood, but Greenwood is their Hirst essentially.

Greenwood has something like 15 goals for Manchester United?

Hirst has played about 30 minutes of football for us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I love how Iheanacho has gone from being trash not worth having to god not worth selling in the eyes of basically the same people on here. Peak foxestalk. 

I defended Iheanacho more than most on here, I'm a pretty big fan of his. I think he'll have a really solid career as a top flight forward. 

But there's absolutely no point him being at the club if Rodgers doesn't have faith in him and he clearly doesn't. I also think you've got to be a bit nuts to think he's better than Edouard, tbf. 

Iheanacho was summed up in a nutshell when he went tearing through the middle of Manchester United the other day then fell over taking a shot. He's always going to have that in his locker. He's got the balance and agility of an elephant and its always going to hold him back. 

Give him room and time to get the ball under control and finish and he's going to score goals consistently throughout his career but Edouard is a much, much more comfortable player on the ball. If we don't buy him, some other club our size will and he'll be worth a good 40% more than Celtic sell him for after a year. 

If he played in any other league in Europe we wouldn't even be debating that. Its just the usual English attitude to the SPL. 

Surely fans are just looking at Kel’s contribution across the whole season and seeing that he’s played really well in difficult circumstances. We actually looked a better side when he was on the pitch on a number of occasions. 

I think it is ‘Peak Foxestalk’ to ignore his great contribution, including a very impressive goals per minute ratio and focus on one scuffed shot. Vardy (my favourite ever player) scuffed loads of shots in the run in.

I agree it’s not worth keeping if BR doesn’t like him. I just think it is ridiculous to gamble in the transfer market (always high risk) when we have a guy with a great attitude and huge potential in the squad.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Surely fans are just looking at Kel’s contribution across the whole season and seeing that he’s played really well in difficult circumstances. We actually looked a better side when he was on the pitch on a number of occasions. 

I think it is ‘Peak Foxestalk’ to ignore his great contribution, including a very impressive goals per minute ratio and focus on one scuffed shot. Vardy (my favourite ever player) scuffed loads of shots in the run in.

I agree it’s not worth keeping if BR doesn’t like him. I just think it is ridiculous to gamble in the transfer market (always high risk) when we have a guy with a great attitude and huge potential in the squad.

I'm not against signing Edouard but it would be madness to sell Iheanacho to bring him in. I can't believe the amount of people claiming he would undoubtedly be better than Iheanacho. If you need a yardstick to measure players, don't forget Benkovic was being hailed as the new Virgil Van Dijk, looked great at Celtic in the league and playing in Europe. Imagine if we'd sold Soyuncu to bring Benkovic in.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I'm not against signing Edouard but it would be madness to sell Iheanacho to bring him in. I can't believe the amount of people claiming he would undoubtedly be better than Iheanacho. If you need a yardstick to measure players, don't forget Benkovic was being hailed as the new Virgil Van Dijk, looked great at Celtic in the league and playing in Europe. Imagine if we'd sold Soyuncu to bring Benkovic in.

I think Edouard would be as much as a gamble as players like Slimani or Musa who did really well at a lower level.

For what it’s worth I really like the Edouard signing and I think we need him, Vards and Kel if we are to have a decent go in the Europa League and try and finish high up the table. My point is we can hedge our risk on another striker by keeping what we have and not relying solely on the transfer market that is so volatile. We’ve invested in Kel and it’s finally paying off, so we should try and retain and improve him alongside having a gamble on some other players.

46 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I still have high hopes for Benkovic.

Forget about the SPL standard.  If we all thought like that the likes of Di Canio, Van Hooijdonk, Viduka, Petrov, VVD, Tierney etc would never have made it.  If we get cold feet because of SPL snobbery we could miss out on a gem.

Personally, I think he will end up at a bigger club.

Edited by murphy

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

You're assigning words and ideas to me that aren't mine, I'm not forgetting anything he's done or dismissing his contribution this season. I've spent more time arguing the value of Iheanacho over the last eighteen months than probably any other of our players. 

What I mean by peak foxestalk is the crazy phenomena on here of polarisation, players are either Josh Low or Messi at any given time, there's never any balanced view. 

The balanced view of Iheanacho is, like I said, he's a tidy top flight footballer. But that doesn't mean there aren't other players in the world better and if we've got a chance to upgrade him we should probably do so while his value has recovered a little. 

Edouard is just better, actually watch a few Celtic games, comparing him to Slimani is nonsense, Slimani can barely trap a football, he was always limited even at Sporting. 

The notion of "potential" is one of the most frustratingly over hyped ideas in football, perpetuated by the average Internet l football fan's comorbid obsession with fifa or FM. Players don't magically transform in to versions of themselves with better stats. 

Iheanacho isn't going to turn in to Ronaldo just because we play him in enough games. He's not a 17 year old apprentice, he's nearly 24 years old, if he gets a solid run under a manager who believes in him I don't doubt he'll grow in confidence, relax in to his role and score a few more goals. 

But besides that, eh. He's done nothing this season to demonstrate he could lead the line as our number one striker. He doesn't even function all that well when played alone as a 9, I'm pretty sure when he arrived he identified more as a 10 and it shows. He's infinitely better when played WITH Vardy, which isn't what we need. 

We need a 9, an outright 9, someone to alternate with and eventually replace Vards. Edouard is that sort of player. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4